Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

energy levels crashing

5 posts in this topic

Posted

had swine flu last week,had the 5 days tamiflu,and was back in work after a week off,i'm still not right and its affecting my training big time.whats happening is 2-3 hours after my protein intake i'm starting to get the shakes and being drained as though my sugar levels are low,so i take my next protein intake with some added carbs as a shake which is not enough because by now i feel i could really pass out if i exert myself.so now because i'm at work i'm having a cup of tea with honey in it and getting some chocolate down my neck to try and get my levels up.it takes the shakes off but this last hours and leaves me very drained.anyone experienced this before?

Posted

Try B-Vitamins for energy.

Posted

Mate, take your time getting over a virus like that, it wasn't a pimple you had.

Your body needs to recouperrate now don't stress it by training yet for a week or so, then ease back into it.

People end up with ME (yuppy flu) for years after a virus if unlucky,, don't push it

Posted

Mate, take your time getting over a virus like that, it wasn't a pimple you had.

Your body needs to recouperrate now don't stress it by training yet for a week or so, then ease back into it.

People end up with ME (yuppy flu) for years after a virus if unlucky,, don't push it

The merman speaks the truth. You might be fit to work but you probably should give the training a break to you get back to 100%.

Without trying to alarm you I would get your blood sugar tested. A friend of mine got type 1 diabetes after haing chickenpox a couple of years ago.

Posted

The merman speaks the truth. You might be fit to work but you probably should give the training a break to you get back to 100%.

Without trying to alarm you I would get your blood sugar tested. A friend of mine got type 1 diabetes after haing chickenpox a couple of years ago.

X2 as above. Is your diet any different than before the flu? EG. are you back to eating normally or could this contribute to low energy etc?