Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

getting myself confused..what to eat..

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I am 9stone 8lbs, and am desperate to put on size/weight…I don’t want to have a muscaular (mens fitness model) body just size really.. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I have been reading the forums quite a bit now but am concerned about the protein, carbs, calories, what to eat, what not to eat etc….its driving me mad..I work 8.30-5.30 in an office (we have a fridge) etc..and a microwave. I am planning to go shopping Sunday for my weeks shop,but just done know what to get…<o:p></o:p>

Should I have Carbs before training or protein (suggestions)??<o:p></o:p>

After workout protein? What could I have chicken pasta salad?<o:p></o:p>

I just haven’t got no ideas (I have been reading threw the recipe threads etc) – believe me I am not a good cook and not adventurous….<o:p></o:p>

I have purchased progain maximuscle… my current diet so far:<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

8.30 – 4 weetabix semi skimmed milk and a protein shake + multi vitamin (or porridge)<o:p></o:p>

10.30-11am – pasta, banna, and a yougurt<o:p></o:p>

11.30 train <o:p></o:p>

12.30 shake (while relaxing in the steam room) – is this a good idea or not?<o:p></o:p>

1- 1.30 – baguel with turkey slices, or with jam and 2 boiled eggs<o:p></o:p>

4pm – banana sandwich/peanut butter sandwich?<o:p></o:p>

6.30 – steak, new potatoes, veg (whatever the mrs is cooking) but normally good meat ie) Chicken, steak, Bolognese, lasagne, gammon<o:p></o:p>

9.30 Cheese and crackers (4) <o:p></o:p>

PS I HATE ANY FISH… <o:p></o:p>

Could anyone suggest some meals….I also have 2-3 pints of milk a day and plenty of water<o:p></o:p>

i think i may need more protein, but what kind of protein could i have within a diet like this...

I dont want to look to far into bodybuilding, just to start putting weight on and gaining every week

Posted (edited)

8.30 – 4 weetabix semi skimmed milk and a protein shake + multi vitamin (or porridge) Would have oats here, as there is sugar in weekabix

10.30-11am – pasta, banna, and a yougurt Need some protien here a shake maybe?

11.30 train

12.30 shake (while relaxing in the steam room) – is this a good idea or not? need some quick carbs here like dextrose/maltodextrine

1- 1.30 – baguel with turkey slices, or with jam and 2 boiled eggs CRAP! this is an important meal try brown rice/ sweet potato and chicken/turkey veggies

4pm – banana sandwich/peanut butter sandwich? Another shake here

6.30 – steak, new potatoes, veg (whatever the mrs is cooking) but normally good meat ie) Chicken, steak, Bolognese, lasagne, gammon

9.30 Cheese and crackers (4) slow protien like casien and peaunt butter or cottage cheese

Edited by McQueen

Posted (edited)

You have a similar mindset i had a while back. I wanted to be commited to getting a better body but at the end of the day I didn't want to let it interfere with my LIFE, i.e. work/relationships etc.

In the end... Getting a better body won so i started to count the carbs and protein and fats in every meal :laugh:

From that diet, you should grow, you seem to be high on carbs so may put on a bit of fat but at 9stone 8lbs i think you probably need a bit of meat on you!?

I would try and cut down on the jam, bolognase, lasagne and make sure the bread is brown/wholmeal.

Other than that, as much chicken, turkey, eggs, steak, cottage cheese etc as you can shovel inside you.

8.30 – 4 weetabix semi skimmed milk and a protein shake + multi vitamin (or porridge) - 3 eggs<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

10.30-11am – chicken breast, pasta, banna

11.30 train <o:p></o:p>

12.30 shake (while relaxing in the steam room) – is this a good idea or not?<o:p></o:p>

1- 1.30 – wholemeal bread with turkey slices and 3 boiled eggs<o:p></o:p>

4pm – 200g chicken breast - wholemeal bread again if you must but not essential.

6.30 – steak, new potatoes, veg (whatever the mrs is cooking) but normally good meat ie) Chicken, steak

9.30 Cheese and crackers (4) <o:p></o:p>Add a shake in here too - and/or cottage cheese

The above is an easy way to up the protein without getting too hung up on the bodybuilding lifestyle - imo.

However the best, quickest way to get big is to bite the bullet and live like a BB - loads of diets around on here if you want to go that way.

Edited by coldo

Posted

And what about non training days...always 2 shakes?

Thanks for reply mate!

Posted

And what about non training days...always 2 shakes?

Thanks for reply mate!

2 shakes will be fine if you are getting enough protein elsewhere from real food. No harm in having more than 2 really but try and eat as much real food as possible.

Posted

2 shakes will be fine if you are getting enough protein elsewhere from real food. No harm in having more than 2 really but try and eat as much real food as possible.

im using progain at the moment and is really expensive, could you recommend a cheaper powder?

Posted

im using progain at the moment and is really expensive, could you recommend a cheaper powder?

Check out the forum sponsors, but myprotein and bulk supps do cheap protein, its there own brand but a lot use it.