Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

American Bulldog Owners... Pet Insurance???

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Right... As I recall there are a few on here.

Who do you all have your dogs insured with??

Tried to get my soft lump of a boy insured today and this is the type of message that keeps coming up....

Unfortunately, we cannot offer cover for any of the following breeds or cross-breeds:

• Any dogs used for trade or business such as security guard dogs
  • American Bull Dogs
  • American Pit Bull Terriers
  • American Staffordshire Bull Terriers
  • Argentine Dogos
  • Canary Dogs
  • Cane Corsos
  • Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs
  • Dogo Argentinos
  • Dogue Brasileros
  • Fila BraSilieros
  • Irish Staffordshire Bull Terriers
  • Japanese Tosas
  • Northern Inuit Dogs
  • Perro De Pressa Canarios
  • Pit Bull Terriers
  • Presa Canarios
  • Racing greyhounds
  • Saarlooswolfhonden
  • Tosa Inus
  • Utonagans
  • Wolf Hybrids

SERIOUSLY.... Dogs that are illegal in this country I can understand refusing insurance for but ffs my dog is a daft soft lump! :cursing:

He's full pedigree, has papers, etc etc.

The only two who will offer me a quote so far is petplan (extortionate robbing bastards and were cr@p when I insured my horses with them) and Tesco who are cheap but the cover isn't all that fantastic. Might have to go with them though if no other options.

Not being funny but some of the breeds they DO cover have got far worse tempraments :cursing:

I mean.... who couldn't love this big soft lump..... :wub:

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

Posted (edited)

have you tryed morethan? my mates insured both his american bulldogs with them.

Edited by BigSmurf

Posted

what is the dogs breed as stated on its papers zara?

Posted

ours is insured by tesco, good cover as well! we had the same for my english mastiff and they paid out no problem!

Posted

have you tryed morethan? my mates insured both his american bulldogs with them.

They stated that they wont cover this breed when I requested a quote online.... :confused1:

what is the dogs breed as stated on its papers zara?

American Bulldog... lol :D

ours is insured by tesco, good cover as well! we had the same for my english mastiff and they paid out no problem!

Aye Tesco will cover but its max £4k per incident/illness whereas some companies are up to £7.5k and its per illness. Also do you know if thats per year or per condition ie if your dog gets something it needs treated for for the rest of its life, do they pay out £4k max per year or £4k max full stop. Every company differs in this respect....

Posted

sorry i'm not sure i'll try and find out

Posted

I got my doberman insured and lucky I did because he developed Leukemia on his nose and is one of the dearest treatments to keep him right, if I hadn't took out the insurance I wouldn't have been able to afford his treatment and he'd be a dead dog.

Pet insurance is a great thing to breeds with high risk of health issues such as the doberman, german shepherd etc. Some breeds are more immune than others. www.petplanet.co.uk is a great site to look up breed profiles.

Posted

They stated that they wont cover this breed when I requested a quote online.... :confused1:

ill give my mate a call when he gets off work and find out

Posted

Our Diese is insured with Churchill, the premium is about £20 a month. That middle pic cracks me up must be a bulldog thing i've got a few pics of our Diese that are nigh on identical.

Posted

Try E & L pet insurance. They are the cheapest by a mile and offer 3 types of cover.

We have our 10 year old ****zhu and 2 6 year old French Mastiffs with them for only £30 a month for all 3.

Posted

Try E & L pet insurance. They are the cheapest by a mile and offer 3 types of cover.

We have our 10 year old ****zhu and 2 6 year old French Mastiffs with them for only £30 a month for all 3.

Wouldnt go near E and L again for all the tea in china..... had business insurance with them, equipment insurance and my liability insurance.... had to make a claim which took 11 months to resolve as they kept "losing" my requests etc.... absolute bunch of idiots.... your better having no insurance at all than insurance with these idiots...

Posted

Wouldnt go near E and L again for all the tea in china..... had business insurance with them, equipment insurance and my liability insurance.... had to make a claim which took 11 months to resolve as they kept "losing" my requests etc.... absolute bunch of idiots.... your better having no insurance at all than insurance with these idiots...

Agree....

They advertise in all the horse magazines and the majority of first-time horse owners use them through lack of knowing better.

Unfortunately first-time horse owners are often seen coming a mile off and buy crocked old nags with loads of problems that they didnt know about and E&L almost never pay out.....

Posted

sorry i'm not sure i'll try and find out

ill give my mate a call when he gets off work and find out

Cheers guys :thumbup1:

Posted

Our Diese is insured with Churchill, the premium is about £20 a month. That middle pic cracks me up must be a bulldog thing i've got a few pics of our Diese that are nigh on identical.

haha its one of his favourite sleeping positions :D

Shall check out churchill then ta :thumbup1:

Right now he is lying here cuddling his soft toy.... its a brown and white puppy, same colour as him. He carries it about and takes it to bed with him etc.

Killer beast that he is...... :whistling::lol:

Posted

my puppy bullmastiff with morethan and cheapeast too £50 excuss

post-31220-143614104053_thumb.jpg

Posted

i spoke to my mate and hes not with morethan hes with kennel club but he said there not cheap.

Posted

my puppy bullmastiff with morethan and cheapeast too £50 excuss

Yeah all the companies will insure bullmastiffs no prob.... is American Bulldogs they wont cover :sad:

i spoke to my mate and hes not with morethan hes with kennel club but he said there not cheap.

Ahhh makes sense.

Petplan quoted me around £40 a month which is jst a farce....

Looks like it will be Tesco or Churchill then... will have to compare the policies.... They're both around £20/month so will depend who offers best policy.

Still a joke. My car insurance is around that and my horses were insured for about same too..... Dammed expensive dog pmsl :rolleyes:

Posted

beautiful looking doggy zara....soo cute.

Posted

Zara I rang tesco yesterday for my 4 cats... they have a range of packages, I've gone for the tesco finest package i think its called.... £19.78 a month for 4 cats (2 adult and 2 kittens one of which has congenital deafness) ...

Petplan quoted me 58.50 a month and wanted a 250 excess if the deaf cat was ill and 50 on the rest, Tesco dont mind about either.... they said as the deaf one is a house cat he wont get hit by a car etc...

Was gonna post this earlier but was in a hurry so only had enough time to comment about that shower of s**t insurance company E+L

Rather than quote online give tesco a phone.... seemed pleasant on the phone anyway.... as opposed to petplan who tried to force me into taking the policy

Posted

Yeah all the companies will insure bullmastiffs no prob.... is American Bulldogs they wont cover :sad:

not all you be supprised and most of them wanted £40+ a month fuk me thats about £500 a year plus any excuss you have to pay sometimes i think is it worth it?

if nothing happens 2 your dog in 3years touch wood thats £1500 for nothing

but if it did then it all worth while its a tuffy

lucky i got the minium with more than £130 a year £50 exscuss and up to £3000

Posted

Have you tried Direct Line????? Ours is insured by them and is quite reasonable price. Not tried to claim yet though as all is ok with him. :thumbup1:

Posted

Zara check out Homebase and make sure you take out lifetime insurance

Posted

Our Diesel in "fully alert guard/kill" mode. :lol:

post-3241-143614104083_thumb.jpg