Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Weight Gainer......

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I very rarely see people mention Weight Gainer powders on this site. Its not for Me as Im a fat bastard lol. But one of my mates is nearly 24 years old, and skinny as f*ck. He says to Me "he can't put weight on", but Im sure he can if hes consistent, instead of eating sh!t every now and then.

HEs starting the gym wiht me next week, I said I'll sort him out a diet. To make things easeir, was thinking of getting him on two weight gain shakes a day with four or five large meals.

The weight gainer on myprotein has 411 kclas for every serving, 34g of protein, 46g of carbs and 9.8g of fat.

What do you'se think? I know proper meals would be better but I think it's hard for ppl to adust from a normal diet to a bodybuilding one, and this may help ease him into it. Edited by Bulk_250

Posted

411 cals is fcuk all; if he's got a fast metabolism he'll need twice that per meal at least.

Just buy some oats, protein powder and olive oil and blend it up together. 150g oats, 50g protein powder and 2 tbsp olive oil = around 820cals and works out loads cheaper than a pre-made shake.

Posted

[quote name='AlasTTTair']411 cals is fcuk all; if he's got a fast metabolism he'll need twice that per meal at least.

Just buy some oats, protein powder and olive oil and blend it up together. 150g oats, 50g protein powder and 2 tbsp olive oil = around 820cals and works out loads cheaper than a pre-made shake.[/QUOTE]

maybe 1 scoop of weight gain for taste?

Posted

[quote name='AlasTTTair']411 cals is fcuk all; if he's got a fast metabolism he'll need twice that per meal at least.

Just buy some oats, protein powder and olive oil and blend it up together. 150g oats, 50g protein powder and 2 tbsp olive oil = around 820cals and works out loads cheaper than a pre-made shake.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking of getting him to add oats to the weight gainer. But that looks much better option. I'll come up with a diet by tomroow and post it, see what yuo guys think. Whether he sticks to it.... is a different matter.

Posted

my shakes are :

2 scoops php pharma gain (i think lol) about 32.5g a scoop
1 scoop oats
a big gulg of olive oil
1 table spoon peanut butter
600ml semi skimmed milk

still to work out the cals but over 600 anyways :D taste great too x 3 a day

Posted

Fcuk supplements.... Just eat enough. I can't say that drinking protein shakes made the difference in my gaining of 22lbs.. It's real food that did. He should just calculate his BMR, then add 500 cals to it and eat that much always. BMR is calculated by different methods but I think that multiplying your weight in kilos by 36 is good way to do so....
He should read free guide on nutrition for gaining muscle for skinny guys here:
[url]http://www.36pounds.com/2009/07/07/get-your-free-nutrition-guide/[/url]

You are good friend for helping him out!
Cheers

Posted

I used to use weight gainers, and imo I would say they are a waste of money, there's a lot of talk that they are topped up with lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates, so I would stay clear. I used to think i was a 'hard-gainer' until i actually looked at my diet, and realised that my problems came from simply not eating enough whole food at the right times. WHOLE FOOD IS KING - supps are useful (especially for pwo). If your friend wants a supp weight gainer, maybe for convenience, i would suggest he makes his own with protein powder, oat powder, milk, pnut butter, and some fruit (i would use banana, but up to you).
Get your mate to register on here so he can have a good read in this section of the forum.
Good luck.

Posted

I find a really good shake is

2 x wheatabix
1 x banana
1 x scoop of protien powder or weight gain
2 x eggs
2 x tsp peanut butter

You need the banana or the wheatabix sinks to the bottom