Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyway to reduce DOMS?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I hit a few personal bests yesterday on my leg day/deadlifts. Today I was soooo sore, my ****, back, legs calves... everything! I always get soreness, that is expected. But this was so bad it affected my shoulder workout today, any advice on reducing DOMS?

I have a fair amount of protein, and I take glutamine, EAAs. Any other suggestions for reducing soreness for next time.

Cheers

Posted

yes

Dont train so hard

Or use cables:whistling:

Posted

yes

Dont train so hard

Or use cables:whistling:

Fair Enough. :thumbup1:

You look like a proper beast in your avatar. :clap:

Posted

Ten minutes in an ice bath is supposed to help if it's really bad

Posted

I hit a few personal bests yesterday on my leg day/deadlifts. Today I was soooo sore, my ****, back, legs calves... everything! I always get soreness, that is expected. But this was so bad it affected my shoulder workout today, any advice on reducing DOMS?

I have a fair amount of protein, and I take glutamine, EAAs. Any other suggestions for reducing soreness for next time.

Cheers

Want to stop DOMS?

On your way to the gym stop. Turn around. Go home. Be a family man.

Posted

Light cardio helps me with leg DOMS, but you have to push through the initial pain but it eases up after 10 or so mins. Ibuprofen also helps with this.

Posted

I've never heard of any way...infact if I dont get em, i'd just start thinking i wasn't training hard enough...then I'd start worrying about that...so I'm always happy to be in pain!

Posted

Rest, massage, contrast showers/baths, heat, stretching and more training and more cardio all reduce DOMS.

Doms are not necessary - it just stops you training sooner than you should :) Most of the time you can train through it anyway.

M

Posted

Rest, massage, contrast showers/baths, heat, stretching and more training and more cardio all reduce DOMS.

Doms are not necessary - it just stops you training sooner than you should :) Most of the time you can train through it anyway.

M

Absolutely right. If you have really sever DOMS, I think you have gone on too long, too hard. You only get 48 hours of building from a muscle (ish) so any DOMS lasting past this is very counter productive.

Posted

Well its monday evening now, I worked out on saturday and I'm not as sore it's dying down now. My calves are the only muscles that are making it hard to walk. I don't get too bothered by DOMS but when you find it hard to walk its kinda annoying. Feeling better though, I think I should definately warm down and stretch next time.

Posted

learn to embrace doms... think of it like how a banker would embrace pay day :lol:...

its a reward for doing the hard work in the gym :thumb:

There are a few things you can do to minimise sorness.

* Correct Pre, Intra & post workout nutrition

* Caffeine

* Vitamin c & e

* stretching

* Cold/ice bath

* cold, hot alternating showers.

Posted

Just Man up and take it :)

Posted

Just Man up and take it :)

i atually enjoy it.

i think i would be distraught if i woke up without doms in the muscle group i trained the previous day...

Posted

Stretch pre and post workout, or you could try some soft tissue work.