Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

do you need to have kids before you understand why......

60 posts in this topic

Posted

..... people take their new born kid into their place of work when

a) it is a million degrees outside

B) people are trying to work

c) you are off work for 12 months on maternity

me and another lad had a discussion and decided the next time we buy a new tele at the weekend we are going to take it in and show it off :lol:

im genuinly confused

Posted

its being a proud parent, i did the same to show my son off

Posted

until you have kids of your own you will never understand.

Posted

Yeah, and look at your location

Posted

@ Nobody, not chumpy

Posted

@ Nobody, not chumpy

whats that meant to mean?

Posted

:confused1:

Posted

bloody hell i'll spell it out using short words :)

nobody made this comment

its being a proud parent, i did the same to show my son off

and if you glance to the left his profile says that his location is

tasty then made this comment

Yeah, and look at your location

whereby drawing peoples attention to the location in the profile of nobody

Posted

thanks for clearing that up .

Posted

yes you have to have them to understand a lot of things...seriously...

Posted

yes you have to have them to understand a lot of things...seriously...

Just realised this myself mate, Very true indeed..

So many things change it's unreal.

Nobody will ever understand until you go through it..

Posted

Cheers Dave, you're my hero :wub:

In all seriousness though, I do kind of understand it and I suppose it works with other people who have kids? Not for me though, I don't like being pestered by some snotty nosed oik requesting my "colouring pens" (special markers used for schematics) and asking me about "Man u"

Posted

yea i did same with my first born daughter, though i had to go into work anyway to clear a holiday matter up so i took her in. Its so cliche to say it but it really does change your outlook and perspective on life.

Tho it would be funny if you did bring your lastest telly into work to show it off!!!:thumb:

Posted

i am a typical guy and i took my son into work after he was born. Maybe people dont like you at work with that attitude dave so if someone is proud of their kids you should either show your a friend or just stay out of the way and ignore them.

If you think there is no difference between a baby and a TV then you live a very shallow life. Are you 16 years of age by any chance because you sound like it.

Posted

Yeah kids do totally change your outlook on life...I used to hate kids and hate people with kids...but since I had mine I have become what I hate...kids become the centre of your world and you can't comprehend that other people might not be interested in them....its realy quite impossible to explain untill you've had em yourself...and yes I did take my twins into work when they were about a month old..I was beeming with pride :rolleyes:

Posted

i am a typical guy and i took my son into work after he was born. Maybe people dont like you at work with that attitude dave so if someone is proud of their kids you should either show your a friend or just stay out of the way and ignore them.

If you think there is no difference between a baby and a TV then you live a very shallow life. Are you 16 years of age by any chance because you sound like it.

That's right, because people who don't have or want kids are clearly lesser people and all evil and nasty to boot....:rolleyes:

Will keep out of this one because it will probably all go horribly wrong but I think the point Dave was trying to make is excessively hot weather and babies don't mix - I get irritable in hot weather, babies get ten times worse...and I complain and whinge enough in this weather as it is.....:lol:

Posted

Got two babies that I'm very proud of, don't feel the need to show them off to other people to be honest this to me seems to be an insecurity in some form or another. It's like parents who insist on telling you what their child can do to make them sound more developed than your own. Pathetic in my opinion. If you're happy within yourself and happy with your kids I don't see why you would need to explain it to everyone.

Posted

Got two babies that I'm very proud of, don't feel the need to show them off to other people to be honest this to me seems to be an insecurity in some form or another.

Eh?? You've lost me here , how is taking a newly born child into your work place to show them to your colleagues a sign of insecurity ? That's the most stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

It's great though, the more people you work with the more money you'll come away with, it's worth taking them in just for the money :thumbup1:

Posted

Its never really bothered me.. The only thing I dont understand is if I was off work the last place I would want to go is to work to show off my kids.. Id rather be at home lol!! Am I all alone here on this one??

I got to work to earn money and get out as soon as I can!

And yes my job is an office job - not exactly exciting.

Posted

Since when did we become such a child-obsessed culture? It's like everybody has to love kids or there's something wrong with them. Fair enough if people expressed a desire for you to bring your baby in, but you can't assume everyone wants to see him.

Some people don't like other people's kids and I think that's fair enough. Lets face it, not all kids are cute, not all babies are beautiful, and almost all of them smell bad lol. ATM I have no desire to dedicate myself to a snotty, crying, needy little baby, but some people do want to and I respect that. TBH if a friend of mine brought his/ her baby into work then of course I'd humour them, but I don't find all babies cute. Babies/ kids are like all other populations really; a small amount are beautiful, but most are ugly. Some are cute, some are not. Some are intelligent, some are stupid. Parents may think their kids are the best thing to happen to the planet, but no one else does. Bill Hicks put it quite well when he said "You're kids are not special. I know you think they are, but I'm telling you that they're not."

Posted

That's right, because people who don't have or want kids are clearly lesser people and all evil and nasty to boot....:rolleyes:

Will keep out of this one because it will probably all go horribly wrong but I think the point Dave was trying to make is excessively hot weather and babies don't mix - I get irritable in hot weather, babies get ten times worse...and I complain and whinge enough in this weather as it is.....:lol:

I dont think anyone has said people who dont want kids are lesser?

The OP has compared bringing in a new born baby into work to buying and bringing in a TV??!! ...So he obviously does not appreciate what kids mean to their parents.

I have never brought mine in, but have seen others bring their little ones in and cant see a problem with it. If they have worked there for years and have friendships in the workplace, why not bring the kid in to show them off?

If a baby is not your thing then do not pay any interest, its simple really.:thumbup1:

Posted

Bill Hicks put it quite well when he said "You're kids are not special. I know you think they are, but I'm telling you that they're not."

Say this once you've had kids of your own...I'm sure you'll see things in a different light then mate.

Posted

Say this once you've had kids of your own...I'm sure you'll see things in a different light then mate.

I don't see why he would, any rational person can understand that while they feel something is special to them, that doesn't necessarily mean that others should feel the same.

****ne Wenger was quoted as saying 'everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home', which is quite apt in this instance.

I know i'll love my child and think it's the best child etc, but i'll also be logical enough to realise that this is the way all parents feel about their child.

Posted

you want to know the truth its simple,

in this weather kids start to cry and become irritable, so the new parents are at home suffering with the noise and they think

'you know what misery loves company'

Its a break, they get to share there misery and hopefully the ride in the car will shut the kid up for a few mins.

I must admit i never took my kids to work or any work do, but my wife has done all the time.

Posted

I have to agree with alasTTair (sp?)

Everyones going to love their own children but doesn mean everyone else will..

I have friends who are like our baby is soo cute.. im like look at it?? it looks a mess! sorry but thats my view.. Of course ill love my kids but I dont expect everyone else to!