293K views 234 replies 76 participants last post by  Joooshh29 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Results and Conclusions

Dose

30 mg for first 3 weeks, followed by 40mg for 4 more weeks

After cycle:

75.3kg so that's 3 kg ish increase from start so about 6.5 pounds weight gain

After PCT

74ish kg but put on fat from appetite rebounding so probably 1.5kg lean gain.

Fat Loss

It absolutely killed my VAT, I could ab vacuum till my rib cage popped out like a concentration camp inmate! So the purported body fat effects I definitely witnessed. Didn't help with the subq abdominal fat much however. I could of been more anal about my diet, perhaps would of cut me up more.

Weight Gain

This could be masked by the creatine water weight, but I had an initial spike then a gradual increase, I'm sure if I took a higher dose then I would of had more gains.

Strength

This is what I really witnessed from this compound. I could lift then on calorie deficit what I can lift now fully carb loaded (I am currently carb cycling off AAS).

Pumps and Vascularity

Crazy pumps but painful shin pumps when running. Towards the end of cycle I could get a pump just by clenching and relaxing my fist 20 times or so, which was highly amusing.

I got a great vein pop on my left bicep, which has remained to this day. On cycle my forearms where very vascular after an arm workout. I'm sure I would have noticed more if my bf was lower.

Negatives

I had oily skin, especially my nose, which was a pain. Spots on my shoulders and chest but not acne by any stretch.

I felt really lethargic towards the end and not motivated to go to the gym so had to force myself. Some days I even struggled to get out of bed.

As soon as I came off I became ravanously hungry which didn't help my bf goals, although surprisingly I put sub q fat on instead of the VAT returning which was good.

I had drop in libido towards the end of cycle which was to be expected. I started up Melanotan II during my PCT which completely masked any of these symptoms. :D

The Cycle Start

Hi guys, I'm currently 18 days in to a cycle of 30mg ed Anavar only and have seen some great results so far.

Stats

5' 7"

Currently 77kg up from 72kg

Body fat around 11% <<<< - [i was being far too kind to myself was more 14-15%, damn calipers]

Been working out 3 years to different intensities.

No cycle history

I've been stacking the Anavar with 10g/ed Creatine Mono and taking the Var with grapefruit juice.

Plan on running Nolva 20mg ed for 2 - 4 weeks for PCT

Supplements

Creatine Mono (As mentioned), Liv52, Omega 3, Glutamine, Multi Vits, Green Tea Extract, Trib & ZMA

Stimulants

5 days 3 x EC, 2 days 3 x YC

Sides

Appetite Loss, Insomnia (ZMA has helped), Greasy Nose (Witch Hazel fixes that) and have started to feel a little lethargic which could be first signs of mild suppression or just the intense workouts catching up with me. Labido is still good but could be thanks to the Trib.

Diet

Calorie deficit. Clean high protien, carb tappering towards end of day, complex carbs am, glucose post workout, whey protien pre and post workout. Pretty typical stuff. One cheat day a week. No alcholol.

Workouts

Classic Push, Pull, Legs split in 6 - 8 rep range, 4x week. HIIT cardio 3 x week.

Goals

To maintain the muscle I have while getting more cut. I don't really want to be any bigger than I currently am, just to look asthetically bigger by being leaner.

Results so far

Reduction in lower back fat! Also visceral fat seems to have noticably dropped as my ab vacuums demonstrate. My muscles seemed to have evened out a little, always have had issues with my inbalanced shoulder vs chest development and have noticed a move to a more balanced musculature. Hardening of muscles. Have more visable cuts. Pump and vascularity post work out is very good. Starting to see strength increases. Recovery improvements.

Conclusions so far

This low dose of anavar seems to be working really well for me, could be genetics as my father was always very muscular but he was working in heavy manual labour where I sit on my **** at a computer all day.

Questions

1. My original plan was to run an 8 week cycle at 30mg ed, would it be beneficial to up the dose and finish the cycle earlier, say up to 40mg for 4 more weeks or 50 mg for 3 more?

2. Would it be more beneficial for me to move to a full body routine whilst on as fat loss and muscle preservation are my goals.

3. Would it be worth trying a keto diet whilst on?

All help and advice would be much appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
UKWolverine said:
Questions

1. My original plan was to run an 8 week cycle at 30mg ed, would it be beneficial to up the dose and finish the cycle earlier, say up to 40mg for 4 more weeks or 50 mg for 3 more?

2. Would it be more beneficial for me to move to a full body routine whilst on as fat loss and muscle preservation are my goals.

3. Would it be worth trying a keto diet whilst on?

All help and advice would be much appreciated.
If it aint broke dont fix it :thumbup1:

#4 ·
Thanks for the support guys, you're right I should stick with it as it does seem to be working I guess I'm a combination of excited and impatient!

I think a lot of the weight gain I have is water from the creatine as I am in calorie deficit! Although my muscles do feel denser.

#6 ·
Weighed myself today after the gym and I am down a kilo from this time last week so probably a combination of losing initial creatine water bloat and shedding some body fat.

Did leg day today and my front squat strength was fantastic felt I could keep going when usually 3 sets and my legs are like rubber. Will be interesting to see if I'm walking around like a gimp all weekend because they certainly got a blasting today!

Will update this thread with progress.

#9 ·
Hi Stiofean yeah I think that was me, yeah I certainly know what you mean now! I wasn't expecting a lot to be honest especially as so many advocate much high dosages.

I am pretty confident in the lab but of course being a UG could be laced with something stronger like dbol. Although all I've had are Anavar effects and side effects, just a very positive reaction to the substance.

Perhaps there is something to the grapefruit juice aiding absorbtion or stacking with the creatine or a combo of everything I am doing. I am taking this seriously and putting my all in to the workouts and keeping my diet on point. Looking forward to the coming weeks now I've hit the time period when the magic is really supposed to kick in.

#13 ·
UKWolverine said:
Hi anabolic ant, nah 30mg/day mate still pretty low dose compared to what some are advising, but I'm not that big and have virgin receptors.

I don't think it's Oxy, well I bloody hope it isn't!
Oxy's are usually dosed at 50mg per pill mate so I doubt it, one of the most common brands are green in colour and hexagon shaped with a snake imprinted on them.............maybe you should post up a pic of yours if your unsure mate as the chemical names are quite similar!

#14 ·
if yout gettin results of anavar like you say than thats good going,. plus usually the gains off anavar wil be lean muscle rather than water etc,. u wil of put bit of water on with the creatine like you say but maybe the trib and zma have boosted your hormones enough to put the added bit of beef on....

plus sides are pretty low so you should probly stay on in til the gains slow down. maybe try abit of primabolan after that to see how you get on with that... then you should of gained quite abit of lean muscle and have a decent foundation to build on!..

#15 ·
Cheers Wolverine, I'm going to stick with the original plan 30mg for 5 more weeks, would you advise staying on longer than 8 weeks total if sides are still minimal and still seeing results? Just worried about my cholesterol after reading some of the scientific studies, I suppose I could ask my doc for a blood test at the end of 8 weeks and see where I'm at with everything, liver values and test levels too.

#16 ·
Thanks PHHead, I'm sure these are Oxandrolone. I thoroughly researched the lab and am pretty confident they are dosed correctly and are good to go. Others have had positive experiences, from my research I know Anavar is often repacked Wini or some other cheaper oral AAS but this lab does seem reputable. Of course without a full chemical test wont know for sure if they are 100% pure, have read of some ug's creating oral cocktails. I don't think that's the case with these.

#19 ·
Joshua said:
This depends on your goals, but I would certainly look at going keto during your PCT, due to cortisol rebound (elevated cortisol and elevated insulin is fertilizer for fat cells).

J
Goals are more definition whilst maintaining, or better still keeping some of these new gains! Do you think adding some kind of cortisol blocker like Lean Xtreme would be beneficial mid PCT?

#25 ·
Goals are more definition whilst maintaining, or better still keeping some of these new gains! Do you think adding some kind of cortisol blocker like Lean Xtreme would be beneficial mid PCT?
No. I would keep insulin levels low at the start of PCT - eg Keto diet. Suppressing cortisol during PCT just extends cortisol suppression even more and enhances the scale of the rebound IMHO.

J

#26 ·
Thanks for the advice Joshua, will go Keto during PCT. I did read up on cortisol rebound and general concensus is that its good for your body to rebound some cortisol levels back to normal ranges but to keep it in check so they don't get too high, most guys that use Lean Xtreme add it in to PCT after 2 weeks of rebound to help stop cortisol getting out of control. Do you agree with this theory?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.