Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Decent Gym in Leeds Center

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Eldest son just started at Leeds Met, the gym at his 1st year digs is very poor and he wants to know if there are any good gyms that anyone would recommend around there, hopefully not too much fees wise as Daddy ain't paying for this one:thumbup1:

Posted

the virgin gym in town is ok, its 32 a month, no yearly contract or anything. take it he went to the opal gym ?

Posted

Virgin, LA Fitness, Esporta are the 3 main 1's in town but to be honest the better gyms are out of the city centre!!!

Posted

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

He needs to go to bodies gym in mabgate, its off of regents street at the bottom of the city centre.

Its where andy bolton and other members of the british powerlifting team train, its in the city centre and is a proper gym.

Failing that there is also future bodies in morley, another very good hardcore gym.

If he wants to really train hard then those are the two places to train at.

If he wants to do 'student training' then virgin/esporta/fitness first it is :) for a casual workout upto 40kg dumbells.

Posted

Whats his name i might know him. cant recommend any gyms in centre:(

Posted

Whats his name i might know him. cant recommend any gyms in centre:(

Doubt it Mak, hes just started 2 weeks ago, you at leeds met?

Posted (edited)

I would like to join the leeds gym so how much is it and do I pay weekly or monthly and i'm only a skinny dude whats lighest wieghts

Edited by J.L.Howlet

Posted

Isn't there a Pure Gym in Leeds? If he's a student he'll be wanting the cheapest deals possible.

Posted

Yeah there is a pure gym in the city centre opposite the corn exchange never been but think it's a fitness based gym so depends what you're after, bout £15 a month, OP is a year old though now so hope he found summat.

Posted

dont agree with u on that brit mate, i've worked and trained at fitness first in leeds for the past 3 years, its never been a problem for me to train there.

Yes the other gyms u mention are more 'hardcore' but you create the intesity of your workout, its not created by the surroundings your in!

You dont need to be in a hardcore gym to train hard!