UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Teetotal

2K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  Haimer 
#1 ·
I've very recently quit drinking, partly for training purposes but mainly because I have done some stupid stuff recently while drunk (****ed in my mates spare-room bin whilst sleeping for one). This weekend gone was my first proper night out on the orange juice and it was brilliant! Much preferred it sober, remember the whole night, met some of my heros and was coherent, stopped my mates getting in a few fights, saved at least £30 and ate healthy on the way home!

Anyone else on here not drink, how do you find it?

#3 ·
It depends really - often I'm the driver so can't drink, but I know I tend to get really impatient with drunk people when I'm sober :laugh:

I'm not about to give up drinking but I'm going to cut down again - I can't really be bothered with it anymore.

#4 ·
ive learnedt he signs of when im about to flip on booze and i head out the door before thei happens now...

last weekend was a good example...

guy/acquaintance came up to me while i was sitting with a chick in the pub and he started giving me an earful bout some crap that happenedd few weeks previous, i told him to **** off while he still could..

he didnt

it ended up with me grabbing him up by the adams apple and dragging him outside... but hey the intention was there from me i guess

#6 ·
I stopped drinking over a year ago. For some reason i went through a spell where i would get naked when really drunk. Got myself in a bit of bother, climbing lamposts naked etc, but got well out of it at a wedding and was trying to breakdance, full on spinning on my back, in just my pants. Took me a while to get out of that one, hence i stopped drinking.

Now i find nights out last forever. It gets to 11 o clock, everyone's buckled, and i'm standing there sick to death of all the drunk talk and all the music seems so loud.

#9 ·
I quit drinking when I quit smoking.. about 3 years ago... I fall off the wagon every now and then at special occassions but thats it.

I love waking up with a clear head when it a beautiful hot day and being able to thrash me R1 without a hangover head on me,.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
i've not drank for ages,years even...then again,i can have a drink or not...totally under control...i drink on celebrative occassions...or sometimes sociably...but never to excess...and always have the training in mind!!!!

also the same with a joint...used to be a mad drinker and smoker years ago...had to shape up for training and for uni and get my brain focussed...so i used some discipline...great what you can achieve when you put your mind to it...and for important purposes!!!!

anyway alcohol is a bad offender to the serious trainer...because it causes diuresis,dehyration and hold 7kcals/gram,plus alcohol to the body is a poison...not to mention all the other crap that goes with it!!!!

i like to be on top of the game...with a clear head,only on occasion do i like the intoxication!!!

i watch the majority of people go from a quiet nice people to acting like total tits nowadays!!!!

#13 ·
kawikid said:
Just noticed your post there. I'm talking about the goons outside at closing time. It just starts from nothing then it's all arms and legs. You know the ones :thumbup1:
YEAH... they just annoy the hell out of me.. I watch far too many Street Wars, Car WArs, Pub Wars etc on Sky.. and these knob heads that get drunk and fight, destroy property and cause mayhem all through beer and tiny brains.... and the tax payer pays for all the clear up, overtime etc... arrghhhhh

That was close.. nearly went off on one! :)

#14 ·
I drink probably somewhere between 100-120 units per week. My Dr. reckons this is dangerous but I never had a problem, don't even have hangovers (provided I do always drink alot of water). At least 60 units of that is at the weekend.

Anyway, that's all gone now cos I've just started my first cycle and there's no way I will let anything hinder my potential gains!

#18 ·
tbh if you never drink or smoke because of training, your gonna have a lot of resentment in later years.

you dont like a drink fair enough, but its ****ing boring being sober all the time.

some of the best times ive had have been on the sauce, fair enough its a dirty habit but its ****ing fun

#22 ·
for me its all about balance. I enjoy some pints with the lads from time to time, also a bottle of wine at home from time to time and also on hols. In any of these circumstances for me the benefits far outweigh the costs (on liver, in pocket, on training).

Having said that training hard does make me want to drink less. I view this as on of the positive side effects of training.

#23 ·
Since i started training again a few months back i've drank a lot less than i used to, but then being hungover didn't bother me because all i had to do the next day at the weekend was drink some more! And then when it came to work on Monday i didn't care how i felt, now training 6 days a week really makes me think twice before i even have 1 beer, never mind a skinful!

#24 ·
I used to go out every Friday & Saturday night and consume about 10-12 pints each night. I had some quality times and some great nights but never felt great the next day. I could easily spend atleast £40 each night and that was on top of having 6-7 bottles of Stella earlier.

I've decided that I'd rather keep the fitness & shape I'm working towards than have binge alcohol in my life. My mates are constantly saying 'go on get leathered again, lets get wasted' but I prefer not drinking. Seeing as 80% of my closest mates are off to uni this week we went clubbing in Bournemouth and I drank for the first time in 5 weeks on Saturday night and although I didn't go OTT I still didn't feel great when training the next day. I much prefer the feeling of having that extra cash and feeling a lot better the next day. Pint of diet coke/lemonade any day for me!

#25 ·
I rarely drink, it's usually on special occasions/family parties I'll have a few, but nothing major. I occasionally have one or two pints in the pub after a hard day or buy a few bottles for the fridge. I get maybe 10 units a month, and that's pushing it most months. I do very rarely decide to go out and get leathered though, sometimes it's a welcome break.

#26 ·
Haimer said:
I used to go out every Friday & Saturday night and consume about 10-12 pints each night. I had some quality times and some great nights but never felt great the next day. I could easily spend atleast £40 each night and that was on top of having 6-7 bottles of Stella earlier.

I've decided that I'd rather keep the fitness & shape I'm working towards than have binge alcohol in my life. My mates are constantly saying 'go on get leathered again, lets get wasted' but I prefer not drinking. Seeing as 80% of my closest mates are off to uni this week we went clubbing in Bournemouth and I drank for the first time in 5 weeks on Saturday night and although I didn't go OTT I still didn't feel great when training the next day. I much prefer the feeling of having that extra cash and feeling a lot better the next day. Pint of diet coke/lemonade any day for me!
lol... dude... that aint that expensive really though is it.. ive gone out and spent 300 notes on just alcohol in a single night... and not in Rip Off London either...

im afraid generosity gets the better of me from time to time...

:innocent:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.