Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reputation Comments - Names?

Should we show usernames alongside Rep comments?   83 votes

1. 1. Should we show usernames alongside Rep comments?

• Yes - it should be open
    • No - keep it anonymous

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

70 posts in this topic

Posted

This one should be interesting..

When people leave positive/negative reputation shall we force it so that their names are displayed?

Doing this would remove all anonymity from the reputation system.

Personally I like the idea of having it open, that said, my concern would be that if people suddenly see who has neg-repped them in the past it may open the doors to a shedload of flaming on the main board which obviously we don't want.

Over to you..

If 70% vote yes then we'll enable it.

L

Posted

I would say yes, turn it on. I think it would encourage users to think twice about whether they want to neg someone or not as well as the actual message used when negging.

I would hope that people would be adult enough to sort anything out between themselves and not bring it onto the open forum.

Saying that how about a "flaming section" of the board :D

Posted

I would say turn it on, to be honest I forget to put my name some times both on pos rep and neg rep which is annoying :/

Posted

I think it should be open never see the point in hiding it TBH....

I have only negged people who deserve it, and put my name in anyway :)

Posted

agree with the above

Posted

Default should be on, however a checkbox to rep anonymously.

*EDIT*

although I leave my name all the time unless I forget.

Posted

i thought it did already, so i aint been putting my names on any reps hehe

aye, good idea! if i get a bad rep i want to know at least why

Posted

Rare is the case where I ever neg someone, only that looser junior guy and his PR gurus.

I think its a good idea for reps good or bad to be open it would be much better that way, perhaps i might even get off the 1 yellow bar that way lol.

That said theres plenty of times I thought I would be neg'd into the ground but even the most heated of debates resulted in no negs.

Posted

Open it IMO. I'd like to see who reps/neg reps me. I'd also like people to see if I rep/neg rep them, although I always leave my name anyway.

Posted

Yes. I would've loved to know who neg repped me yesterday and called me a cock for a little laugh I had with robsta. Seems pretty hypocritical to neg rep someone and call them a cock when calling someone a cock is something that would probably get neg reps in a forum. But hey, I'd rather be a cock than a pussy with no self respect.

Posted

yes add it

Posted

aaaahhhhh finally!!! yes yeS yES YES YES!!!!!

Posted

Not bothered really. The people who send out endless anonymous negs normally have so little rep that it makes no difference.

Posted

all reps should be named...

if you haven't got the guts to say something to someone directly then you should keep it shut...

if you gonna neg someone then have the guts to do it publicly...

Posted

Which sh1tbag has voted no?

I'm guessing probably the same turd that negged Miami!

Posted

Which sh1tbag has voted no?

I'm guessing probably the same turd that negged Miami!

That can be the next thread you start

"should voters be named in polls in UK muscle"

As for the original question, Im neither here nor there and voice my view in the threads, themselves

Posted

I think when you create a poll you have the option of it being open so you can see who voted for what or you can choose it to be private.

Posted

Not bothered really. The people who send out endless anonymous negs normally have so little rep that it makes no difference.

It's not about getting little green squares under your name. It's about someone not agreeing with you or offended by what you say. They neg rep you but you cant have your say on it and they and they dont have to back up their opinion.

Posted

should be open yes, neg reps usually carry an insult, so would be good to know who is actually insulting you or if they would have the balls to do it if it was not anonymous

Posted

Yeha i have about 5 from clearly the same guy saying "because I can"... Grow a pair mate, it's not like I can even dead arm you over t'internet.

Posted

i think it shoild be open as its nice to see who appreciates your input and gets offended by it!!!

Posted

Votes shouldn't be named. Secret voting is a must if you want to have truthful votes that aren't swayed by what you think others think of what you think.

Reps should definitely have a name though. I want to know my accuser if I was ever tried in court for being a cock. You could also have someone that just gets off on neg repping people. With a system that has no identification of the rep it could get out of control. I really don't give a crap since I have real things to worry about, but it's just a sissy thing to do to neg rep and not even own up to it, and I love calling people a sissy.

In light of this topic I'm going to give pos reps reps to jock and leeston, since they're the only negs I can remember having in the past and they left their names with them.

Posted

Votes shouldn't be named. Secret voting is a must if you want to have truthful votes that aren't swayed by what you think others think of what you think.

Reps should definitely have a name though. I want to know my accuser if I was ever tried in court for being a cock. You could also have someone that just gets off on neg repping people. With a system that has no identification of the rep it could get out of control. I really don't give a crap since I have real things to worry about, but it's just a sissy thing to do to neg rep and not even own up to it, I love love calling people a sissy.

In light of this topic I'm going to give pos reps reps to jock and leeston, since they're the only negs I can remember having in the past and they left their names with them.

lol, paranoia is great isnt it

Posted

I believe there should be no such thing as negative repping because it will always be open to abuse.

If someone disagrees with what someone has posted or think bad advice was given, then they should post a comment for all to see.

So i'll tick the box for no anonymous repping, but i would like to see it dropped completely.

Posted

This is almost as much of a landslide as the one "yes" vote winger gave on the "Are you a homosexual?" poll.

I figured even Daps would have given a secend yes on that one, but nope, only wingman.