Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Melanotan 2

150 posts in this topic

Posted

Mt2 101

Ive been reading a lot of questions from people asking about mt2, after doing a lot of research myself ive been on this stuff for a while and have gained a bit of knowledge. Thought I would post this to help out others.

Everything I have learned has come from http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Background info

So what is melanotan 2? Melanotan 2 is a peptide that induces skin tanning by increasing melanin in your body. MT2 is a progression from MT1. MT1 was developed as a treatment to skin cancer quite a few years ago.

Mt2 is injected into the sub-q layer, my preference is around the stomach. A good video if you don’t know what your doing is here

I have heard of MT2 in tablet form but from what I have read, it isn’t very effective and is extremely hard to get hold of.

MT2 has similar properties to MT1 with the added bonus of an increase in libido.

Side effects

What are the risks of melanotan? As far as im aware, no extreme side effects have been reported from MT1 (I cant confirm this as I havnt really looked into MT1).

MT2 on the other hand has a number of cases of different sides.

The most common ones are short term nausea (usually lasting fo upto 12 hours after injection), short term facial blushing (again, lasting for upto 12 hours) and oily skin on the facial area. Loss of appetite, fatigue and joint pain also effect some people

Hyperpigmentation (an increase in moles and freckles) is very common but differs from person to person. I will go Into this more later on.

Some more extreme side effects have recently been reported, these should not be taken lightly. A lot of cases of raised blood pressure and eye problems are something to think about.

I don’t really know the science behind these problems, but I read that 1 person got a freckle on the eye = not good. This guy got annual eye checks so was quite lucky to pick it up early, it will probably cause him problems later on in life. Before you take any form of melanotan, you need to research all of these side effects and look at worse case scenarios.

Ok, so why put yourself at risk with MT2 when MT1 is readily available?

Time and cost seems to be the answer. Mt2 is a lot more powerful than Mt1. Generally, lower doses are needed and results are seen a lot quicker.

In my opinion, if you are desperate for a tan, start on MT2 and then go onto MT1, I havnt switched over yet but I will do eventually. You cant put a price on your sight.

Doses

Right then, this depends on how much time you have on your hands.

For me ( I am a type 1/ type 2, I only tan lightly on my face and arms, burn very easily and weigh around 200 pounds)

You will need to adjust doses to suit your weight and skin condition (i.e someone weighing less with a dark complexion will need less)

The best way I found was to inject 0.5mg of MT2 each day until I started to see a nice tan, then reduce this dose to 1 mg every 5 days or so. The 0.5 mg per day is known as the loading phase and the 1 mg every 5 days is known as the maintenance phase.

This way took a while for me to get a tan but I saw minimal freckles.

On A previous course of MT2, I injected 1mg every day, my face and shoulders were covered in freckles and it looked as if one or 2 moles had enlarged.

I got tanned quite quickly but the side effects (nausea and facial blushing) were quite extreme. To minimize this, I injected before bed so I slept through them. After my body got use to the MT2, short term sides were minimal.

Once you have decided on your dose, you need to reconstitute your peptide. MT2 is normally supplied freeze dried. It comes in a small vile and is a white powder. The powder varies in size depending on supplier.

To reconstitute, bacteriostatic water is normally used. The amount you put in is important as it determines how much you need to inject in order to reach your required dose.

For example, I will use the 0.5mg dose.

I have used 2 types of needles so I will explain for both. The standard insulin needles show the amount in units. If you draw up 100 units of bac water and add it too the 10mg vile, your concentration will be 1mg of MT2 per 10 units. For a 0.5 mg dose, 5 units need to be injected. I would suggest adding 200 units of bac water to the vile, hence giving you a concentration of 1mg per 20 units, and an injection of 10 units in order to give you your 0.5 mg dose.

For the type of needle I am currently using, it shows the amount in ml. (1ml = 100 units) so if I add 2ml of bac water to the vile, I have a concentration of 1mg per 0.2ml so I need to inject 0.1ml in order to get a dose of 0.5 mg.

It is very important you remember how much bac water you add, I would suggest writing it down as I have forgotten in the past.

Needles

There are a lot of different types of needles that can be used, the ones I currently use come from

http://www.exchangesupplies.org/needle_exchange_supplies/never_share_syringe/ordering/ordering_intro.html

If you want to order from them, ring 01305 262244, and ask for some ‘nevershare syringes’, they only come in 1 size, in boxes of 100. They don’t ask any questions apart from delivery address and come in a plain blue envelope. Cheap as chips at about 8 quid per 100 including delivery.

These needles are a bit too long (it doesn’t matter at all if you go all the way in, its just not needed). They are 30 gauge and 12mm long I think. A more preferable size I have used are 30 gauge, and 5/16 in length.

Where can I get MT2 from? There are loads of sellers on the forum I posted above. I have a recommendation, this guy got my MT2 to me within 24 hours at a price of about 30 euros per 10mg. If its ok with the admin, can I give out his details? (I have no personal interest in this seller and don’t make any money from recommendations)

Storing MT2

Mt2 needs to be stored in the freezer before reconstitution. Once it has been reconstituted it has to be kept cold in either the freezer or fridge.

I find that during my loading phase, I keep all my vials in the freezer ( not reconstituted) apart from 1 that has bac water added to it which is kept in the fridge. When it runs out I simply take another from the freezer and reconstitute it.

Mt2 will last around 2 weeks in the fridge (maybe a bit longer), this is no good during the maintenance phase. I basically pre load my syringes ( with 1mg in for maintenance) and then freeze them all, when I need one I take it from the freezer and defrost(takes less than 5 mins)

If you don’t want your housemates etc to know you are on MT2:- I keep my vials in vitamin pots. Buy some cheap vitamins and some sealy bags and bury the vial in the pot. Mine havnt asked why I keep vitamins in the fridge…. Yet!

Im sure I have missed some stuff out so I will edit it later on

bb

Posted

good post

Posted

welcome to the board scott....i visited your site for information over 2years ago when i first started using MTII very informative.....

Posted

thanks for adding that scott, i was under the impression more than 1 person has had eye problems, but evidently not.

bb

Posted

I like the idea of this stuff as I am fair skinned and burn easily, but I don't like the idea of daily injections one bit.

It's a shame the tablets are scarce/inneffective and/or it couldn't be be mixed with an oil or similar as gear is for sustained release.

Posted

Hey what's up man, great post. Do you or anyone know where I can buy MT2? I live in the States and melanocorp can't ship here. You mentioned something about a source you knew? I want to start this stuff really bad, I'm moving to South Florida and It would be very beneficial. I was thinking about ordering from purepetides.com but I'm not sure if that's safe. Any input or help? I'd appreciate completely.

Posted

dont think i can give out source info as its kind of like advertisment, however, go to this forum and register

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

check out the buying and selling forum and there are loads of good seller out there.

Posted

Im going on my hols and want to take mt2 with me.

It has to be in the fridge - difficult as Im going through an airport and a 4 hour flight + tranfers etc etc.

Will it denature in the week therefore rendering it useless?

cheers

gurry

Posted

Take it in its powdered form and reconstitute it once their. TBH you would be better using for a few weeks leading up to your hols, getting a good tan and then not bother taking it on holiday, just for practical reasons. Thats what I am going to do

On a side note I have to say MT2 is the best thing ever invented!!

Posted

Is this available over the counter anywhere in the uk it's so confusing reading what u guys are saying and would rather talk somebody face to face. Or available privatly of a dr?

Posted

no its not available over the counter, be aware there is loads of fake ****e about give me a pm m8

Posted

has anyone else had pigmentation on their gums?

Posted

is there anyone that has not been entirely happy with mt2? by this i dont just mean the colour of their skin, do the benefits outweigh the negatives completely?

i am yet to find any haters or slaters of it, apart from the obvious nausia issue it seems to be one of the most desirable meds i've come across

Posted

IMO the results outweigh the sides, even with the pigment on my gums ! In my case vanity will prevail.....my b/f is a type 2 and probably wont touch the stuff again as the development of darker moles unerved him.....

but all in all a great product.

Posted

how do i check the type of my skin? i.e am i 1/2/etc? and also can i avoid the possibility of moles if i was to start very low and increase the dose very slowly? do the moles go away when i stop using?

Posted (edited)

everyone I have spoken to and the few I know who actually use it (lots of people talk about it but never 'jump in') rate it very highly.

Sunless tanning plus the added anti skin cancer effects helps - a little upset stomach is a aside people will stomach (groan) to get a healthy glow - and no fuel surcharge on getting a tan either!!

I decided against the MT2 before my hol as it was a last minute thing and I didnt get time to get a decent amount in before travelling and messing with pins and airport security really isnt worth if.

That being said as its set to p1ss down (Britain has a monsoon season for summer) Ill just have mt2 and a few sun bed sessions. Plus the upset stomach should help with weightloss - LOL!

Skin Type 1: Very Sensitive Skin

Definition: Typically red/blond hair, blue/green eyes, very pale skin.

Skin Type 2: Sensitive Skin

Definition: Typically fair to light brown hair, blue/green/grey eyes, light to medium skin.

Skin Type 3: Normal Skin Sensitivity

Definition: Typically medium to olive skin, medium to brown hair, grey/brown eyes.

Skin Type 4: Skin very well resistant to the sun

Definition: Typically dark olive to light brown skin, dark eyes and dark hair.

Skin Types 5 and 6: Naturally tanned/dark skin

Definition: Typically dark hair, eyes and skin.

For moles etc its down to your skin - the more mt you use the faster and more 'aggressively' these marks will appear. In the same way as the skin doesnt naturally tan evenly and the imperfections appear this is accelerated with MT2.

I asked if less over longer will help slow or stop these marks but had differing views. Its very trial and error I guess. Im going for the slow and steady - if a mark appears you arent happy with discontinue - the tan fades naturally and I would hope the marks do too, I guess I will see as and when I get a mark!!

Edited by gurry

Posted

What doseage and frequency are you going to be running, Gurry?

Posted

I think I might try this before my hol, is MT1 OTC in the UK??? I know MT2 isnt. Or is MT1 not really worth the hassle??

Posted

Hi,i have started Melanotan,do you know how long the powder form lasts in the fridge,just thati have had it in the fridge x2 weeks.I have read that if you freeze the powder form it will lasts months where as in you freeze the bacteriostatic water and powder (mixed solution) only lasts a few weeks.I am unsure what to do with the powder form as i have read that it isn't a good idea to freeze more than once.I purchased a 50mg package to cover for the maintenance.Just worried that if i mix with the water and put all in the freezer,when i come to the maintenance stage the melanotan won't be a potent.

I am 55kg and mixed a 10mg vial with 2 ml of water. Using 22units daily,i have been using for x1 wk and i haven't really noticed any changes.

Can you help???

Posted

becausee i live with my parents during the summer i keep my mt2 (mixed with bac water) in the freezer, i defrost it 2 times a week and then refreeze it straight away. i have yet to notice a drop in potency and still get a bright red face and erections for the next hour or two.

in its powder form (it has been freeze died) i do believe it can be kept in a cool dry place for quite a while.

i dont understand your dose, if you were doing 20 units a day that would be 1mg a day, this is quite a heavy dose for me and im around 100kgs, i have loaded on this before and got some bad freckles a few weeks in.

personally i would drop down to 0.5 mg a day, take your time and you will see results. you need to be patient as results depend on your skin type amongst other things. ive heard of people who get tanned off 5mg.myself, it takes around 20 or 30 mg before i see results.

bb

Posted

i have still got a decent colour 6 months after doing 2 courses of mt2...

great great stuff can't recommend it enough

Posted (edited)

sorry but you cant post this

Edited by Jimmy

Posted (edited)

ive done a few courses and a few of my friends have, all with fantastic results.

i get 10mg of melanotanII, 5ml of bacteriostatic water

mix the 10mg into the 5ml of water

divide into 10 insulin kneedles

so i have 1mg in 0.5ml of water per syringe x10

i then freeze all syringes

when i come to use one, i defrost it in luke warm water i a cup for 5 mins

and shoot it just before i hit bed--as it tends to make you feel sick about 20 mins after you inject it and gives you a red face--so dont take it before work!

then i`ll hit the sunbed 3 times that week while taking the injections every other day.

should have a great tan starting within 4 days.

after the first week i would stop with the sunbed and then taper down the injections as you tan, remembering you will continue going brown after an injection over the next 4 days -so dont expect instant results and bang them all in every day for 2 weeks or you will be a black man the week after!

Moles will become more pronounced and new ones will appear,however i dont especially think they are new--the skin damage was already there and they just bring the colour out in them.

they will fade after a few months.

ive never noticed getting horny either, although i am natrually sex mad...lol

hope some of that is useful -- any Qs just fire away, all this info is practical experience between me and my friends.

oh one last thing-- with some manufacturers ive noticed feeling very lethargic the next day after an injection--my friends have reported the same.

I feel using this product has permanently adjusted my skin type to one that tans very easily now in the sun.

Edited by GTT

Posted

sorry but you cant post this

my apologies

Posted

i got some the other day doing 1 mg a day for 5 day loading then less for the following weeks, I went scarlet on my first one but nothing since?! no sides at all after 1st shot and all kept in the fridge etc