Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

how do you know if your shut down?

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wanted to know how you know if your shutdown?

Posted

be interesting to have someone with loads of knoledge answer this, i have asked pscarb something simular he seemed to think you may just get use to amounts not actually shut down

of course by doing things properly time on pct then off this wouldnt be in question

Posted

when did i say that?? when using any steroid you will get suppression of the HPTA sometimes as quickly as the first week obviously the length of cycle and dose used has a big influence on how quickly you shutdown.

the most efficient way is to have extensive blood tests done before during and after cycle...you can guarantee one thing though you will shut down way fast than you will recover...

Posted

sorry i asked you about receptors shutting down with me doing a long cycle in show prep............he means natural test production does he

my bad ;-)

Posted

when did i say that?? when using any steroid you will get suppression of the HPTA sometimes as quickly as the first week obviously the length of cycle and dose used has a big influence on how quickly you shutdown.

the most efficient way is to have extensive blood tests done before during and after cycle...you can guarantee one thing though you will shut down way fast than you will recover...

so without a blood test theres no way of telling if your shutdown or recovered?

Posted

Not accurately mate no...

Posted

Not accurately mate no...

So is there no sort of way of telling, i.e in the way your feeling etc?

I realise that for a 100% accuracy you need a blood test.

Posted

Morning erections may give you some indication but it is by no means 100%

Posted

Shaney - like taxes and death - shutdown or at very least blunting of the function of the HPTA is inevitable with AAS use.

Some people it affects worse than others and some compounds affect people worse than others, but as an indicator - age dependant of course - frequency and potency of erections, testicular volume, general feelings of well being and mood, libido are all indicators that you can use without getting blood work done.

If you haven't had a boner for four days and then all you can produce is a Mr Floppy, then your definately shutdown...

Posted

punkfloyd is correct shutdown is inevitable some try to avoid it by saying they are using small doses or only taking AAS at certain times of the day but the fact is that using any steroids at a dose that will promote muscle growth will shut you down, recovery is the grey area as like most things many react differently to the standard PCT drugs...

i have been shutdown for 8months before (measured by blood tests) but i felt ok and had morning glory months before that my nuts regained size but i was still suppressed.....

It takes months to fully recover all you have to ask yourself is do you need to fully recover to then shutdown again on another 8 week cycle??

there is no way you will recover after a 4 week PCT all PCT does is is set you up to recovery it is then your choice to stay off long enough to fully recover the problem is that many don't.....including me :)

Posted

punkfloyd is correct shutdown is inevitable some try to avoid it by saying they are using small doses or only taking AAS at certain times of the day but the fact is that using any steroids at a dose that will promote muscle growth will shut you down, recovery is the grey area as like most things many react differently to the standard PCT drugs...

i have been shutdown for 8months before (measured by blood tests) but i felt ok and had morning glory months before that my nuts regained size but i was still suppressed.....

It takes months to fully recover all you have to ask yourself is do you need to fully recover to then shutdown again on another 8 week cycle??

there is no way you will recover after a 4 week PCT all PCT does is is set you up to recovery it is then your choice to stay off long enough to fully recover the problem is that many don't.....including me :)

Well all seems well at te moment 4 weeks off and a week into my pct which unfortunately is only tamoxen at 20/20/20/20!

probably more randy now than i was on. strength or weight hasn't dropped and feel good, just a few spots on my shoulders.

Do you agree with the time on time off rule as sufficient amount of time to recover before starting your next cycle?

Posted

you need nolva asap mate, a dose of 20mg tamoxifen will do fook all imo

Posted

There the same thing you silly billy

Posted

thought it would be better than nothing?

haven't got anything else and like i say i'm 1 week in!

And before you say, i know i should of had all this sorted before hand and will definately have on my next cycle.

Posted

**** i meant clomid, my heads fryed.lol

Posted

lol. i assumed he meant clomid.

Posted

your right mate, was thinking nolva when you said tamoxifen and ended up writing it instead of clomid? as for people saying youy should have it sorted out.... never worry, this game is al about trial and error

Posted

Do you agree with the time on time off rule as sufficient amount of time to recover before starting your next cycle?

as i wrote in my last post time off is a personel choice you will not be recovered in a matter of weeks the longer you have off the better you will be recovered this is fact.....

So it is down to you how long you stay off for 2 weeks or 2months but without getting bloods done you will never know how well you have recovered...

so you have just completed a cycle so when are you getting your bloods done? if you are not why not?

Posted

as i wrote in my last post time off is a personel choice you will not be recovered in a matter of weeks the longer you have off the better you will be recovered this is fact.....

So it is down to you how long you stay off for 2 weeks or 2months but without getting bloods done you will never know how well you have recovered...

so you have just completed a cycle so when are you getting your bloods done? if you are not why not?

i'm in the army and don't think it's really wise to go see my army doc!

Have you got any advice on how else i could have it done?

Posted

yes mate their are companys that do this privatly James L used one before not sure of the name maybe pm him and ask..

Posted

yes mate their are companys that do this privatly James L used one before not sure of the name maybe pm him and ask..

Thanks Pscarb, can't seem to find him on the members list but i'll look into getting it done.

how soon after would you say's a good time to have them done?

Posted

id like to also add that all these ppl doing the 21 on 21 off on dbol will also be shutdown also on minimal amouints, maybe 5-10mg, a kid I know had bloodwork that proved this, I might be able to get it put up if I think on.

Posted

Thanks Pscarb, can't seem to find him on the members list but i'll look into getting it done.

how soon after would you say's a good time to have them done?

Supercell

try these for private blood work, not cheap though, but private and confidential and by someone who trains himself and is a MD.

www.thedoctorltd.co.uk

Posted

Can you just go to your doctor and say "Yo doc, can you take my blood and give me all my levels" or ? o_o

Posted

Supercell

try these for private blood work, not cheap though, but private and confidential and by someone who trains himself and is a MD.

www.thedoctorltd.co.uk

thanks mate, not to worried about the price, it's gotta be done and in this way. i'll check them out and let you know how i get on.