Essex666

Appetite is lost, any of you get this?

31 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

Even then I'd say it is unnecessary and arguably detrimental.

Why is it such a practiced thing? Bro science? Lol.

3 hours ago, Essex666 said:

Why is it such a practiced thing? Bro science? Lol.

Yes, plus just following what has been done in the past.

You'll find competitors are increasingly being more flexible in their food choices I believe.

Essex666 likes this

10 hours ago, Essex666 said:

Yep not too long ago I had the same thing with chicken and stopped for about a month, moved to red meats, tuna etc.

In regard to clean eating, a large population of people do it of course, you may not agree that its the best way (and I actually agree with your point). I suppose its just a way of playing it safe, plain bland foods and topping up with suppliments. My cousin is going for comps and showed me his meal plan, i wanted to cry... 17 weeks of baby potatos, chicken breast and broccoli, nothing else.... I couldnt.

I do my clean eating as I said, not to that extreme of course, but treat myself as and when temptation occurs, currently chowing down on multiple table spoons of cashew nut butter, this is the shiz!

The key point is the when people eat clean and I know many who do, they never seen to know why they are doing it 

All food can be broken down into its various macro micro nutrients and calories, and this is what needs to be looked at. 

I'm BB macro take priority but micro (vit, minerals, fiber etc) are equally important. The eating clean doesn't really make sense, as what does that actually mean? 

If you look at a big Mac meal it fits your macros surprising well but types of fats, carbs and protein are too restrictive. Fats are saturated fats and thus your lacking in the poly and mono fats. The 3 carbs (sugar starch fiber) are needed but in a big Mac there would be little fiber from the refined flour used.

Rather than check everything it is easier to just "eat clean" as people say but your far better educating yourself to what's in what food and you find nothing is really off the table. It's just a matter of balence and proportion

Essex666 and Ultrasonic like this

5 hours ago, JohhnyC said:

The key point is the when people eat clean and I know many who do, they never seen to know why they are doing it 

All food can be broken down into its various macro micro nutrients and calories, and this is what needs to be looked at. 

I'm BB macro take priority but micro (vit, minerals, fiber etc) are equally important. The eating clean doesn't really make sense, as what does that actually mean? 

If you look at a big Mac meal it fits your macros surprising well but types of fats, carbs and protein are too restrictive. Fats are saturated fats and thus your lacking in the poly and mono fats. The 3 carbs (sugar starch fiber) are needed but in a big Mac there would be little fiber from the refined flour used.

Rather than check everything it is easier to just "eat clean" as people say but your far better educating yourself to what's in what food and you find nothing is really off the table. It's just a matter of balence and proportion

All good points.

I'll just add one thing, which is that 'eating clean' can end up being actively unhealthy when it leads to people eating an incredibly limited range of foods. Variety can be important from a micronutrient point of view.

1 hour ago, Ultrasonic said:

All good points.

I'll just add one thing, which is that 'eating clean' can end up being actively unhealthy when it leads to people eating an incredibly limited range of foods. Variety can be important from a micronutrient point of view.

agree

its the glue that holds everything together in my view

12 minutes ago, JohhnyC said:

agree

its the glue that holds everything together in my view

Just to clarify 1 thing, when referring to "clean eating", in my mind I translate that to something along the lines of vitamin/nutrient dense foods, aka foods that pack a punch for what you consume, broccoli, spinach, pasta, rice, lean meats etc.

Either way, I am currently chowing down on a foot-long BMT from Subway whilst reading this, so happy days!

Thanks for the input everyone