MrDB90

3 weeks in

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

just to introduce myself, I'm 27 years old, 5 foot 11 and 4 weeks ago weighed 217lbs. I would guess well over 30% body fat. 

I work in an office 5 days a week and started weight training three weeks ago. I'm currently at 207lbs as of this morning.

For the past 4 weeks I've been eating healthy and lifting weights 5 days a week. Meal prepping and sticking to a gym routine. The only cardio is walking my dog daily. Two words, loving it!

The first week, diet only, I lost 6lbs. Since starting lifting weights, I've dropped 4lbs in three weeks but I'm assuming that's due to building muscle?

looking forward to getting lots of advice and burning some fat.

All the best,

Darrell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome and well done for getting things in order. 

If you start seeing fat loss stall then consider adding in 15 mins of HIIT a couple of days a week to get things moving again. It's a very efficient way to do your cardio if you don't have much free time.

MrDB90 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2017 at 11:17 AM, MrDB90 said:

Hi all,

just to introduce myself, I'm 27 years old, 5 foot 11 and 4 weeks ago weighed 217lbs. I would guess well over 30% body fat. 

I work in an office 5 days a week and started weight training three weeks ago. I'm currently at 207lbs as of this morning.

For the past 4 weeks I've been eating healthy and lifting weights 5 days a week. Meal prepping and sticking to a gym routine. The only cardio is walking my dog daily. Two words, loving it!

The first week, diet only, I lost 6lbs. Since starting lifting weights, I've dropped 4lbs in three weeks but I'm assuming that's due to building muscle?

looking forward to getting lots of advice and burning some fat.

All the best,

Darrell

Welcome and well done :)

 

That first week will mostly be water if you have been eating less. 4lbs in 3 weeks seems about right, it can be slightly faster.

We couldnt know if that was to due with you building muscle, but i imagine it is more likely that your calorie defecit is only enough to lose you 4lbs in 3 weeks. if you eat at a greater defecit youll lose fat faster.

 

You should burn fat and gain muscle for a little bit, but id just focus on the cut and worry about muscle when you are leaner.

Are you counting calories?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lifesizepenguin said:

Welcome and well done :)

 

That first week will mostly be water if you have been eating less. 4lbs in 3 weeks seems about right, it can be slightly faster.

We couldnt know if that was to due with you building muscle, but i imagine it is more likely that your calorie defecit is only enough to lose you 4lbs in 3 weeks. if you eat at a greater defecit youll lose fat faster.

 

You should burn fat and gain muscle for a little bit, but id just focus on the cut and worry about muscle when you are leaner.

Are you counting calories?

Hi all,

Thank you for the messages.

I posted another topic in the losing weight section but it's still waiting approval from the admin team.

I'm counting calories and sticking to 1900 a day. I calculated my Tdee at 2568 calories. 

My goal is to lose the fat at the moment however, later down the line I want to increase muscle.

It's a game of patience, dedication and hard work.

thanks,

darrell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, MrDB90 said:

Hi all,

Thank you for the messages.

I posted another topic in the losing weight section but it's still waiting approval from the admin team.

I'm counting calories and sticking to 1900 a day. I calculated my Tdee at 2568 calories. 

My goal is to lose the fat at the moment however, later down the line I want to increase muscle.

It's a game of patience, dedication and hard work.

thanks,

darrell

 

seems like your on the right track anyway :) best of luck mate

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now