Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gymaddict1986

Steroid remarks in gym

58 posts in this topic

I am sure alot of you get this in and out of the gym. Happend to me again tonight an i am  not even on them for 7 months now.

I really had the urge to go over and confront them but thought why should i lower my self to stupid narrow minded people. So what do you guys do.  Confront,ignore and let it go over your head or take it as a compliment lol

Don't give a flying f**k what others say. Your obviously better than them and they are jealous, everyone thinks all you need to grow is roids ? Phil Heath and Kai Green get it all the time, but could the moaners put the effort in required to eat and train like them.

I seriously doubt it...

I just shrug it off and don't give it a second thought, dunno why you'd let it anger you TBH. 

Straight up I'd say around 70% of those that use my gym now are taking gear, could possibly be more, no one would comment on gear use.

What I would say though is that if someone was talking about me or making snide comments whether it was about gear use, my skinny arms or the colour of my socks I'd pull them up on it. Couldn't care less what people think, but if they're making remarks to you or within earshot I'd take that as a piss take and have to say something 

13 minutes ago, MR RIGSBY said:

Straight up I'd say around 70% of those that use my gym now are taking gear, could possibly be more, no one would comment on gear use.

What I would say though is that if someone was talking about me or making snide comments whether it was about gear use, my skinny arms or the colour of my socks I'd pull them up on it. Couldn't care less what people think, but if they're making remarks to you or within earshot I'd take that as a piss take and have to say something 

Thats how i felt at the time. They weren't talking to me but directing it at me. I wouldn't mind but  i didnt even have a pump on and was training legs and wearing trackies.  The thing that angers me is cluless people who thinks everything is about steroids when as i said i have been off 6+ months and have a decade of training under my belt. I had to talk my self out of saying something.  Its a great gym and i had a feeling this guy thought he was a big man infront of hes mates, the gym has cameras and i dont want to be seen picking  a fight.  Sometimes best to walk away i think.

I decided to take it as a compliment 

Probably is better to turn the other cheek mate but I find it very hard. Hate the idea of letting people get away with being arsey when you've done nothing to them.

Years and years ago I was training in a vest, had a few spots on my back (Oxys), heard some dick head say to his mate as I passed 'look at his back,must be the washing powder he's using ' sniggering like a fuckin child. I walked back over and said say that again to my face, he backed down like the coward he was, every time I saw him in the gym afterwards he'd move as far away as possible. Got a lot of satisfaction from that, would rather say something than beat myself up about being mugged off and let the c**t think he had one over on me. I'm not saying you need to smack them over the head with a 5k plate by the way but guarantee 9 times out of 10 they'll shrink away if you pull them up.

SuperRips likes this

15 minutes ago, MR RIGSBY said:

Probably is better to turn the other cheek mate but I find it very hard. Hate the idea of letting people get away with being arsey when you've done nothing to them.

Years and years ago I was training in a vest, had a few spots on my back (Oxys), heard some dick head say to his mate as I passed 'look at his back,must be the washing powder he's using ' sniggering like a fuckin child. I walked back over and said say that again to my face, he backed down like the coward he was, every time I saw him in the gym afterwards he'd move as far away as possible. Got a lot of satisfaction from that, would rather say something than beat myself up about being mugged off and let the c**t think he had one over on me. I'm not saying you need to smack them over the head with a 5k plate by the way but guarantee 9 times out of 10 they'll shrink away if you pull them up.

Do you even lift?:tongue:

Ken Hutchinson likes this

On balance I'd say that those who make the comments are probably thinking of using themselves but are probably afraid to do so. Anyone else would just assume you are naturally a big unit because they have never even thought about steroids.

anna1 likes this

10 minutes ago, sean m said:

If it makes you that angry.  Must be roid rage. . 

Lol as i said. I am not on them. Even so in the past when i have done cycles. I have never gotten anger and this is taking a mixture of high dose tren plus added test  winstrol all in the mix and happy as larry. I think it depends on the person you are before you take them.  It will only enhance you as a person i dont believe it creates it in my opinion anyway.  

Just roll with it.  Start grunting and snorting like a silverback, then walk over and just take the weight or machine they are using.  No eye contact.

Kitson likes this

Just say "yeah, and they've made my cock shrink, its all water and not real muscle and I'm not even strong"

And then just sit back and wait for the response, which won't come. :lol:

I've had a few comments but I just laugh and take it as a compliment. None of them have been offensive though or even direct, actually two weren't even to my face. IIRC there have been three occurrences in the gym, the first two I just overheard and the last one was said to me:

"That guy on the lat pulldown - that's steroids, innit?" - some fatty to his mate.

"That's what I wanna look like!" "Yeah, roids though bruv" - couple of skinny lads as I walked past.

"I could lift that much if I was on a cycle an' all!" - some bloke who was waiting for me to finish my rack pulls so he could use the squat rack.

If it was ever said to me in an insulting way (which would mean other insults thrown in) then I'd probably react differently, but the mere accusation of steroid use is never something I find offensive in the slightest, nice ego boost tbh.

SimpleLimit likes this

I think to most people who have a decent level of training underneath them it's pretty clear who's physique has been or is being affected by gear.

So if anyone's making a comment then it's the uneducated plebs that every gym gets that really aren't worth expending any physical or mental energy over.

Yeah I've had polite enquirers into what i'm taking on a number of occasions. I just put them straight, I'm not interested in taking gear mate.... Natural all the way to see what mother nature has given me. For me its all about what "I" can do naturally, not what some lab rat can give me out of a bottle. 

6 hours ago, Smitch said:

Just say "yeah, and they've made my cock shrink, its all water and not real muscle and I'm not even strong"

And then just sit back and wait for the response, which won't come:lol:

Cant really argue with the truth :whistling:

Had one of my work colleagues say he'd like to see what I look like on steroids :thumb

Then a couple of weeks later ghe guy he primarily works with asked if I work out, was a bit disappointed at me saying no and said I must be doing something at which point the first guy cut in laughing and saying steroids.

Our job is pretty physical but with them doing the night shifts they probably do spend most of it sleeping and doing f**k all :lol:

if you let petty comments anger you, you were born from pre cum.

soz not soz

totes soz #Not

i get it at work almost daily lol especially if i go gym over my break and take a shower. f**k em i just laugh lol. I told them about it before like what ive taken doses etc, all called me a roid head yet half of them go out on "sesh" taking mkcat/coke etc every weekend or trips to amsterdam on truffles and weed few times a year, the irony lol.

how thats more acceptable than steroids confuses me. 

also if anything pisses me off at work its roid rage hmmmm....

its funny really they all call me a roid head but then feel my arms and shoulders like little fanboys. 

10 hours ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Thats how i felt at the time. They weren't talking to me but directing it at me. I wouldn't mind but  i didnt even have a pump on and was training legs and wearing trackies.  The thing that angers me is cluless people who thinks everything is about steroids when as i said i have been off 6+ months and have a decade of training under my belt. I had to talk my self out of saying something.  Its a great gym and i had a feeling this guy thought he was a big man infront of hes mates, the gym has cameras and i dont want to be seen picking  a fight.  Sometimes best to walk away i think.

I decided to take it as a compliment 

Now because you didn't want to pick a fight and walked away the one who thinks he's a big man will be telling everyone even though your on steads you are scared of him and backed down,

in my experience you best nipping things in the bud.

1 hour ago, Natty Steve'o said:

Yeah I've had polite enquirers into what i'm taking on a number of occasions. I just put them straight, I'm not interested in taking gear mate.... Natural all the way to see what mother nature has given me. For me its all about what "I" can do naturally, not what some lab rat can give me out of a bottle. 

You natural Steve?

Should have said, all these years and I thought your physique was built on Dianabol and steak bakes ;)

Quackerz, TinTin10, 0161M and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, MR RIGSBY said:

You natural Steve?

Should have said, all these years and I thought your physique was built on Dianabol and steak bakes ;)

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to mislead anyone :lol: