LightWeightz

Want to decrease bodyfat

13 posts in this topic

Dont know what my BF % is, but what does it need to be to get visible abs.

current weight in 67kg going by the scales i use, and height just over 5'8.

when not at work i am minding the wee one so cardio restricted to an exercise bike, 45 minutes a day.

eat mainly oats, eggs, chicken salads/stirfrys, tuna, but snack too much i think on dark chocolate, peanuts, peanut butter, alpro yogurt, and a weakness for icecream.

any good snack substitutes to help reduced cal intake, or other foods to eat to help reduce body fat %.

how do yous' keep track of cal intake correctly and do you go as dar as too actually weigh food

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

On 13 July 2017 at 7:50 PM, LightWeightz said:

current weight in 67kg going by the scales i use, and height just over 5'8.

when not at work i am minding the wee one so cardio restricted to an exercise bike, 45 minutes a day.

eat mainly oats, eggs, chicken salads/stirfrys, tuna, but snack too much i think on dark chocolate, peanuts, peanut butter, alpro yogurt, and a weakness for icecream.

any good snack substitutes to help reduced cal intake, or other foods to eat to help reduce body fat %.

how do yous' keep track of cal intake correctly and do you go as dar as too actually weigh food

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

Need to track your calories on something like my fitness pal and yeh if you ain't weighing stuff out out then you have no idea how much your consuming, and no magic foods to lower bf just a bit of self control :thumbup1:

Ultrasonic likes this

On 07/13/2017 at 7:50 PM, LightWeightz said:

It depends on the size and shape of an individual's abdominal muscles.

Your abs are already to an extent, and would be more so if you posed better.

Just eat fewer calories. You could get leaner eating doughnuts so long as you eat fewer calories than you use.

Myfitnesspal and yes I weigh/measure food.

You're already in decent shape BTW :thumbup1:.

Wil try get someone to take a photo of my side.

never really had lower back problems, except for pain when i drive for more than an hour.  Pulled lower back muscle once, right at the bum, when doing squats, worst pain ever, killed for a few days.

take it anterior tilt is just rotating  you pelvis forward then chest and shoulders must naturally move back to straighten up.

does it just improve by stretching 

I'll be honest, if you do have an APT issue it looks like it's pretty slight to me. Or at least I've seen MUCH worse.

11 hours ago, Sparkey said:

Looks like you may have Anterior pelvic tilt.

Waow I never knew about this, thanks

I definitely have anterior pelvic tilt

35 minutes ago, SimpleLimit said:

Waow I never knew about this, thanks

I definitely have anterior pelvic tilt

I do too to an extent BTW, it's pretty common. It was much worse before I started training, with particularly deadlifts improving it initially I think.

You have abs under a little fat and water.  Use an app to log your food intake and adjust it to meet your goals.  Keep up your training and diet and they will show themselves eventually.

Just my unwarranted advice, but you should roll your shoulders back when you take photos.  I used to do the same thing, trying to make my chest look bigger.  You have good pectoral size, so stand tall and show it off.  Rolling your shoulders forward only hides your rear delts (which look like you have put some time into, congrats) and puts pressure on your cervical spine and your traps.

Picked up some scales, was curious to how much oats i ate in the morning.

Weighed it just now, 120g, on portion (40g) is 150cal on box, or  291 cal with 300ml of semi skimmed milk.  With that much milk with 40g of oats you must be making soup.

i prob add about 300ml of skimmed milk to 120g so 550 kcal total, upped to 600 when i add something sweet.

never thought my morning porridge would have been that much

1 hour ago, LightWeightz said:

Picked up some scales, was curious to how much oats i ate in the morning.

Weighed it just now, 120g, on portion (40g) is 150cal on box, or  291 cal with 300ml of semi skimmed milk.  With that much milk with 40g of oats you must be making soup.

i prob add about 300ml of skimmed milk to 120g so 550 kcal total, upped to 600 when i add something sweet.

never thought my morning porridge would have been that much

When I'm focusing on gaining muscle I usually have 150g of oats as part of my breakfast but right now I'm focusing on fat loss so I'll be having 80g in the morning. Don't take the 40g 'portion' idea too seriously - I've no idea how they come up with these.

You're pretty lean already so you aren't going to need to make drastic changes to your diet.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:50 AM, LightWeightz said:

Want to decrease bodyfat

I may be the only one here, but I'm not seeing fat that needs to be lost no. I'm seeing a lack of abdominal muscles that need to be built instead. My advice to you would be to focus on bringing up your abdominal wall muscles above any focus thrown onto what you're eating or not eating at this moment in time.

My priority would be on muscle production instead of fat reduction.