bottleneck25

My arms are f**ked

7 posts in this topic

I decided the other day to give my biceps a good seeing to. During the session all was well felt good throughout pushed myself to the limits. 2 days later and my arms are f**ked i cant even straighten them out lol they are stuck in a bicep curl position. What can i do to ease the pain and tightness in the tendon

The tightness must be in the muscle not the tendon but I'm afraid I don't really know what you can do about it.

I find light stretching can ease the tightness, using the muscle can aid it, sounds like bad DOMS which you can stretch and use the muscle and you gain more mobility with the muscle until it heals and DOMS disappears.

just lightly stretch them out and slowly, they will go soon. Contract and flex the muscle with no weight many times 

Had a heaps of times in my training life. Its not an issue, 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:51 AM, bottleneck25 said:

I decided the other day to give my biceps a good seeing to. During the session all was well felt good throughout pushed myself to the limits. 2 days later and my arms are f**ked i cant even straighten them out lol they are stuck in a bicep curl position. What can i do to ease the pain and tightness in the tendon

Tetanic contraction is what you are suffering from. I have experienced this sustained contraction before. What you have described is quite normal under the circumstances. Granted that "normal" doesn't mean comfortable, as your biceps muscles have been left in what you might call a sustained muscular contraction/shortened biceps muscles, except in this case the shortening of the muscle is much more pronounced. The good news is that what we're dealing with here is acute in nature as opposed to a chronic state of muscle shortening.

We know what the trigger was (and that's where you come in with the way you've decided to work [make that overwork] your biceps). Although we now know the "what" side of things, it'd be a good idea to also know the "how", of the mechanism if you like. That is to say, the "how" this sustained contraction is brought about? This sustained muscular contraction is caused by a series of nerve stimuli repeated so rapidly that individual muscular responses are fused, producing a sustained tetanic contraction..., a muscular spasm if you like.

We've all experienced what is called isotonic contractions, that is the concentric and eccentric phases that we perform each time we hit the gym. And most of us are familiar with the term "isometrics", which I've discussed on another thread few days ago. We all know about a muscle twitch also (which is yet another form of involuntary muscular contraction), mainly caused by an electrolyte imbalance like a low level of magnesium for example. However very few of us have ever experienced a tetanus muscular contraction (and just as well because it ain't pleasant), which as I've mentioned above, is a continuous fused contraction.

The question the OP asked was what could he do to ease the pain, and my reply is, absolutely nothing, literally speaking. And the reason for that, is because you won't be able to do anything with your arms even if you wanted to..., not a good place to be in. I'd like to say that taking some magnesium may help with some muscle relaxation, but I'd be stretching the truth here. As nothing but nothing under such circumstances would beat the passing of time as being the best remedy for reversing such a muscular contraction.

I hope the above has somewhat shed some light on what went on inside of your arms post workout Sir.

Thank you for reading.

Fadi.

c4nsy and bottleneck25 like this