UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Do you collect anything?

2K views 66 replies 23 participants last post by  zak007 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just wondering if anyone collects anything?

I used to collect watches and enjoyed spending hours on watch forums and sale sites looking at what would be my next purchase and just looking at pictures ect but the older I've got and more commitments with a young family and mortgage I had to sell up my watches and now I only have one watch that I wear and enjoy. It's a Seiko marinemaster Sbdx017 which at £1500 Represents tonne excellent value for money for an inhouse movement and made watch than can hold its own against the like of the Rolex submariner and omega seamstress planet ocean which I used to own and love but sold to help free up money for house deposit. I'll post all my previous watches later when I'm on my desktop.

More recently ive got into trainers, I wouldn't call it collecting per say as I don't spend time researching trainers like I did watches but I just like to buy a new pair every other month. They are all Adidas originals gazelles in suede in various colours and models like. So far I've only got 3 pairs which will be 4 on Friday and I think I'll probably stop and move onto something else when I get to around 10-12 so I've variety in colours and models. (Picture borrowed from google)

just wondering who else has collecting tendencys and enjoy just making some purchases of whatever it is?

View attachment IMG_0525.PNG

View attachment IMG_0526.PNG

View attachment IMG_0528.PNG

Attachments

See less See more
#57 ·
Thread about collecting things.

Everyone ends up talking about sh1tty old cars. :lol:
Back on track then. I'm not materialistic at all, however I have kept tickets to every sporting event/concert I've ever been to going back to when I was about 18. 26 years worth. I've never bothered keeping any programs. I always bin them if I buy one on the odd occasion.

#60 ·
I have been through a bunch of collecting phases, used to collect guns, sold.most of them and am now down to five. Collected English police helmets, have about ten, a City of London one is my pride. Collected autographed photos from police related movies, used to buy them only from Disney, knowing they would be genuine, sold a lot, have about 5 left. Collected Toby mugs and similar Chinaware. Collected Gollywogs (I know, I know), only have a few things left now, pins and a thimble set. Used to collect US and foreign police uniform patches. Now I want a classic motorcycle collection, have the 72 Norton, and am still in the market for a 68 Bonneville and a BSA A10, despite just buying a new Triumph America.

#61 ·
Used to own this, was one of my favorite cars!

Stripped bare, no AC no interior, no carpet just bucket seats, roll cage and 4 point harness.

B16 Jap import engine Remapped and work done to get it to 193bhp, next step was to put a b20 block.

Was immaculate, paint job was beautiful and i really miss this car. If i make it in life i'll create another one with a H22a turbo engine in it :)

Art Circle Font Event Monochrome photography

Attachments

#66 ·
Used to own this, was one of my favorite cars!

Stripped bare, no AC no interior, no carpet just bucket seats, roll cage and 4 point harness.

B16 Jap import engine Remapped and work done to get it to 193bhp, next step was to put a b20 block.

Was immaculate, paint job was beautiful and i really miss this car. If i make it in life i'll create another one with a H22a turbo engine in it :)

View attachment 143244

View attachment 143245

View attachment 143246

View attachment 143247
i bet you never got a blowie in it though?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.