topshopper19

My Workout Partner Motivates me MORE THAN ANYTHING

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys - I just recently realized that having a workout partner (WP) is the BEST way to keep me motivated. He ticks ALL the boxes and we really work well together.

I'll give you an example.... last week he was able to do 150kg on squats, for 10. I was only at 110. This has motivated me so much to catch up to him. omg the feeling is undescribable.

Just wondering why so many other people complain about thier workout partners :S i dont get it.

On 5/30/2017 at 1:52 PM, Endomorph84 said:

spotter.jpg

It's like if I work in with someone on the squat rack and they ask if I want a spot.

No-thanks.jpg

My workout partner is a weakling and a fanny. Always finds excuses to not want to do hard exercises and we often end up sticking together but I'll do an exercise while he rests, then vice versa. He's always letting me down as well lately and I feel like if I go on my own then I'm fu**ing things up cause we'll be on different bodyparts, but considering the previous sentence I should just go, cause often "just one more rest day" turns into several.

7 hours ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

My workout partner is a weakling and a fanny. Always finds excuses to not want to do hard exercises and we often end up sticking together but I'll do an exercise while he rests, then vice versa. He's always letting me down as well lately and I feel like if I go on my own then I'm fu**ing things up cause we'll be on different bodyparts, but considering the previous sentence I should just go, cause often "just one more rest day" turns into several.

I wondered where vegmuscle had got to.

9 hours ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

Why not just sod him off. I can't see how he can be of any benefit.