UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

fascinating reportage on gluttony and cheap fulfilment

964 views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  IronJohnDoe 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Gotta admit I go to all-you-can eat places once a month when all that training and dieting gets too much.

I even posted pics of 6 loaded plates
Tell me about it, been in the biggest buffet in Europe (in Belfast) corridors and corridors of food from 12 different countries, I never seen so much food in the same place, is like miles and miles of buffet, useless to say that I ended up eating 6 loaded plates of stuff, and ended up finishing with a plate of 9 chocolate brownies topped with liquid nutella and marshmallows.

Once back in the hotel I spent the night cursing my greed while dying of stomach cramping in the toilet floor

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Can't help wondering if the buffet owners see the really fat people coming in and realize they'll lose money on them,
In the TV show they broke down into detail the plated cost.

£1.50 if carby (kids and inexperienced people make MORE money for the owner)

£2.25 if proteiny (make less money for the owner)

Assuming £12-£15 per head, they apparently make money until the 6th plate. Most people give up at 5 plates.

7th plate, they break even.

8+ plates they make a loss.

Doesn't matter if the customer is fat or not.

Fat people like carbs = profit

Skinny people can't eat much = profit

Booze, of course, makes the most money for the owner. A successful all-you-can-eat pushes booze and sodas for the real gainz.

Conclusion 1:

Eat expensive meat (fish, duck, cow, sheep, not chicken or pig)

Drink tap water

Forget chips, bread, rice, potato, pizza, noodles, etc

This method would have made a decent BB meal, but for the salt, sugar, MSG and trans-fats.

Conclusion 2:

I'm starting to believe that fat people who take their kids to these places habitually are bordering on chronic child abuse

Conclusion 3:

Mate, on this board it's still realise, not realize.

Lemma translate that for ya: Hey buddy, you gotta re-join the winningest team

#19 ·
Yup, familiar with Gilden Coral, althiugh not a big fan. I go to a really good all you can eat sushi place - high quality sushi at a good price. You can order as much as you want, but they charge you extra if you order stuff and don't eat it. The sushi rolls are typically 8, 10 and 12 pieces per roll and they charge you an extra 25 cents for each piece you don't eat.

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
Same answer - the immediate money is in the booze and the fizzies and the long term money is in the non-special offer days.

That's also the essence of groupon and tastecard. Most retailers hate it but they do it in the hope of flogging chargeable extras.

It's also the reason why test e is dirt cheap - all the money is in the supports.

#29 ·
Same answer - the immediate money is in the booze and the fizzies and the long term money is in the non-special offer days.

That's also the essence of groupon and tastecard. Most retailers hate it but they do it in the hope of flogging chargeable extras.

It's also the reason why test e is dirt cheap - all the money is in the supports.
So, essentially they are loss leaders. Interesting.

#31 ·
I personally never go back to pay full price.

I just find another Groupon deal.
Use to pay full price at chains restaurants, now always check their websites for offers before to enter or even Groupon can do.

Tastecard was ages, forgot about it, I had a friend that she could get a few of those 1 year free and then renew free, she was banging surely someone that works there, she use to give me a 1 year tastecard for free every year, then she stopped. We ain't friends no more anyway lol.

Unfortunately for some posh restaurant that I like to go with the misses there is no groupon or deals or anything is just splash the cash whenever you go.

But for anything else find a deal and don't pay full price no more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.