Etoboss

Back problems with MRI

17 posts in this topic

Had MRI on my back and this is the report. 

I have constant pain going down the front of both my legs when ever I am sat down! When I stand up it takes me about 5 seconds to straighten my back. Pain in the lower back is really bad. Doing my head in. My doc said it's to mild for operation. 

Do I see a physiotherapist? Or go private to a spine clinic. 

Not sure if there is anything else I can do to fix this problem like certain stretches?

IMG_1856.JPG

12 minutes ago, latblaster said:

@Kjetil1234

This is the guy to ask. :beer:

Cheers mate 

another note to add:

I was seeing a private physiotherapist for 2 months but I felt it wasn't doing anything! And costing me £40 per week. This was before I had the MRI 

4 hours ago, Etoboss said:

Cheers mate 

another note to add:

I was seeing a private physiotherapist for 2 months but I felt it wasn't doing anything! And costing me £40 per week. This was before I had the MRI 

You can only get clown work for 40 quid per visit. Sorry - but don't think to save money when visiting a therapist, you only fool yourself and waste your time. I kn

WIth regards to your back pain,  you have a major disc herniation at L4/5, compressing the nerve roots bilaterally. This is relatively serious and you need to fix your pelvic alignment asap. Read my lower back article, then tag me here with any questions that you have. I don't have time to re-explain all the fundamentals every time someone tags me where, but I'll happily answer your follow up questions.

You basically need to pull your pelvis back and up, engaging your lumbosacral spinal erectors IN POSTURE. And stay there, permanently. Up for the challenge? It works, but it'll take you some time to nail it.

https://treningogrehab.no/true-solution-lower-back-pain/

latblaster and todai like this

12 hours ago, Kjetil1234 said:

You can only get clown work for 40 quid per visit. Sorry - but don't think to save money when visiting a therapist, you only fool yourself and waste your time. I kn

WIth regards to your back pain,  you have a major disc herniation at L4/5, compressing the nerve roots bilaterally. This is relatively serious and you need to fix your pelvic alignment asap. Read my lower back article, then tag me here with any questions that you have. I don't have time to re-explain all the fundamentals every time someone tags me where, but I'll happily answer your follow up questions.

You basically need to pull your pelvis back and up, engaging your lumbosacral spinal erectors IN POSTURE. And stay there, permanently. Up for the challenge? It works, but it'll take you some time to nail it.

Hi mate. Thanks for the reply! I will have a read though the link now. And do what you said! 

My doc said it was very mild though?? and to mild to even refer me to NHS physiotherapist even when I said to him it's bloody not mild I in constant pain! Every day and can't work! Even driving 5miles in my car I have pain in both legs and lower back. When I get up from a seating position the pain is bad! And takes a few seconds for me to straighten my back before I can walk. He said that's not to bad. I just said print the report off I will go get professional advice! 

I have booked appointment at spire healthcare https://www.spirehealthcare.com/spire-manchester-hospital/treatments/a-z/back-pain-investigations-discography/

so they can also advise me. As there local and very professional but also very expensive I don't care how much it costs now just can't live like this. 

Just a couple quick questions mate 

so it's my pelvic alignment that's the cause of this impingement of the nerve? 

If I can't fix this with doing what you said is there an operation I can have to sort it? I was told ask for some kind of injection into the back by someone who had this done for his back problems not sure what he ment though. 

Side note: I started to get this back problem after doing abit to much running on the treadmill. When I am on the treadmill I do tend to lean forward. It's since I started doing excessive running it all started. 

33 minutes ago, billy76 said:

Can you stretch mate?

If so join a Pilates or Yoga class, best thing I ever did for back pain.

Have been doing all kinds of stretching for about 6 months now mate. Done nothing. Googled the crap out of it all lol. Done all the yoga moves the main ones to stretch iliopsoas muscle as I did think it was that being tight at 1st. Just never fixed the problem or even slightly 

so now it's this pelvic alignment I need to try Gona start that today!

13 hours ago, Kjetil1234 said:

Sorry another question

i have just watched the video on your site and did what you say. I think I got it nailed there looking in the mirror while watching the vid making sure it's the correct motion 

but how many reps/sets would you say do?

Have just done it about 10 reps x 3 sets and my lower back feels tight!  

8 hours ago, Etoboss said:

Every day and can't work!

Push the latter if you want to get NHS treatment. If you genuinely can't work then this is obviously having a huge impact on your life and needs addressing. Have another conversation with your GP along these lines, but if you still get nowhere you are entitled to ask to see a different GP instead. Suggesting you would like to may may make something happen actually. 

On the flip side if what kjetil1234 suggested would fix the problem then maybe you don't need to go this route. I have no idea whether it will help or not.

Oh mate, gutted for you.

I've had to bouts of sciatica in the past 3 years and that a total f##ker, so what you've got must be a total nightmare.

Been doing loads of work on my glutes, piriformis and hip movement and I think I'm now getting somewhere with it, as can do a lot more these days in the gym.

Good luck pal & hope you get it sorted.

11 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

Push the latter if you want to get NHS treatment. If you genuinely can't work then this is obviously having a huge impact on your life and needs addressing. Have another conversation with your GP along these lines, but if you still get nowhere you are entitled to ask to see a different GP instead. Suggesting you would like to may may make something happen actually. 

On the flip side if what kjetil1234 suggested would fix the problem then maybe you don't need to go this route. I have no idea whether it will help or not.

Ye mate doc was making me angry just seemed like wasn't arsed at all! Prob coz he didn't have a clue what the report ment. Gona crack on with them movements tha @Kjetil1234 said do if not much improvement in a few weeks of daily working it will go back to doc and tell them yet again and ask to see another doc. 

Problem with my job and my doc is aware of my job is I am mostly in the arched over position that's the worse position for my pain! 

Been told to be aware about this private spine hospital I am going to for advice as they will most likely say anything to bleed as much money out of me as poss lol like try and offer to see there own pysio but Gona just get straight to the point and be blunt so they aware I not being taken for a mug 

3 hours ago, billy76 said:

Oh mate, gutted for you.

I've had to bouts of sciatica in the past 3 years and that a total f##ker, so what you've got must be a total nightmare.

Been doing loads of work on my glutes, piriformis and hip movement and I think I'm now getting somewhere with it, as can do a lot more these days in the gym.

Good luck pal & hope you get it sorted.

Cheers mate!

ye same proper stretched everything now only movements I haven't done is the hip alignment thing really hoping it's Gona sort it! I did them movements today back felt tight and it actually felt like it took the pain away. But to soon to tell. Just got back from a meal now sat in a chair for 2 hours in pain. Shuffling in my seat constantly it's dam annoying!! Dreading going on holiday next week Now 5 hours sat in a seat got my tramadol and naproxen on hand ready for that though 

On 20.5.2017 at 8:30 AM, Etoboss said:

Hi mate. Thanks for the reply! I will have a read though the link now. And do what you said! 

My doc said it was very mild though?? and to mild to even refer me to NHS physiotherapist even when I said to him it's bloody not mild I in constant pain! Every day and can't work! Even driving 5miles in my car I have pain in both legs and lower back. When I get up from a seating position the pain is bad! And takes a few seconds for me to straighten my back before I can walk. He said that's not to bad. I just said print the report off I will go get professional advice! 

I have booked appointment at spire healthcare https://www.spirehealthcare.com/spire-manchester-hospital/treatments/a-z/back-pain-investigations-discography/

so they can also advise me. As there local and very professional but also very expensive I don't care how much it costs now just can't live like this. 

Just a couple quick questions mate 

so it's my pelvic alignment that's the cause of this impingement of the nerve? 

If I can't fix this with doing what you said is there an operation I can have to sort it? I was told ask for some kind of injection into the back by someone who had this done for his back problems not sure what he ment though. 

Side note: I started to get this back problem after doing abit to much running on the treadmill. When I am on the treadmill I do tend to lean forward. It's since I started doing excessive running it all started. 

Mild now, but docs don't understand that the injury is just a SYMPTOM. THe pelvic alignment is the cause. If you keep going without heeding my advice, the next MRI in a year or so will reveal a much larger injury.

Don't listen to docs when it comes to back pain. They're clueless. They won't know what to do unless acute surgery is mandated, e.g when nerves are utterly  compressed and there is danger for permanent damage to these.

Faulty alignment causes malcompression of the discs and cause them to deteriorate, disc protrusions etc. This is only cured by altering pelvic alignment (disc alignment, removing anterior compression of the discs - i.e flexion).

You can fix it like this, if you stop tweaking and just get it done.  Pelvis back and up, feel lumbosacral erectors working in posture. Stay there permanently.

On 20.5.2017 at 8:38 PM, Etoboss said:

Ye mate doc was making me angry just seemed like wasn't arsed at all! Prob coz he didn't have a clue what the report ment. Gona crack on with them movements tha @Kjetil1234 said do if not much improvement in a few weeks of daily working it will go back to doc and tell them yet again and ask to see another doc. 

Problem with my job and my doc is aware of my job is I am mostly in the arched over position that's the worse position for my pain! 

Been told to be aware about this private spine hospital I am going to for advice as they will most likely say anything to bleed as much money out of me as poss lol like try and offer to see there own pysio but Gona just get straight to the point and be blunt so they aware I not being taken for a mug 

Arched is GOOD for your spine. It hurts because you are in malcompression. ARCHED IS GOOD, ARCH IS THE CURE.

FLexion feels better, but ultimatley INJURES you. This is the paradox that is causing patients and therapists to not find the CURE for back pain; they are terrified of pain because they do NOT understand the mechanics of the spine!

4 hours ago, Kjetil1234 said:

Mild now, but docs don't understand that the injury is just a SYMPTOM. THe pelvic alignment is the cause. If you keep going without heeding my advice, the next MRI in a year or so will reveal a much larger injury.

Don't listen to docs when it comes to back pain. They're clueless. They won't know what to do unless acute surgery is mandated, e.g when nerves are utterly  compressed and there is danger for permanent damage to these.

Faulty alignment causes malcompression of the discs and cause them to deteriorate, disc protrusions etc. This is only cured by altering pelvic alignment (disc alignment, removing anterior compression of the discs - i.e flexion).

You can fix it like this, if you stop tweaking and just get it done.  Pelvis back and up, feel lumbosacral erectors working in posture. Stay there permanently.

Ok mate. Ye I have been doing the exercise you advised every day 2x per day. 3 sets of 20 reps. I do feel my pain is getting better! So the more I do this the pelvis will end up permanently aligned.? 

How many sets would you advise to do per day mate? 

What about when I am sat on the sofa should I put something behind my back so it pushes my lower back out. ? Because when I am on the sofa my back sinks into the chair so causing my pelvis to go the opposite way I want it to go. 

Same with driving. I can just put my lumber support on the max pushing my middle back out that's then arching my back.