BelfastBound

Friend of mine dead at age 31

58 posts in this topic

Child hood friend of mine died at the weekend. He struggled with weight issues recently ran a crash diet with intense training he was running clen and t3 not sure if he was running anything else he looked amazing but literally dropped dead in his mum's house. fu**ing scary!! Makes u think..

could have had a heart problem. DNP could have caused this, or could have been using amphetamines too. 

It's sad that your friend died, it shows you that crash dieting and "quick fix" weight loss is not healthy or safe if you are struggling with weight issues.

It's a terrible mindset to go into drug usage with, to crutch a mental feeling of inadequecy. just my 2p.

6 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Sounds unfortunate but I'd be interested to know what happened.

Too much DNP?

Did any qualified professionals have any further information about the cause?

Hopefully going to hear more during the week. His mum said the doc warned him his heart was in bad shape. I'm sure there's been an autopsy so surely be a toxicology report also. Madness.

Tomahawk likes this

Sorry to hear this. I lost a friend at a similar age to breast cancer. It makes you realise we can't always take a long life for granted.

It won't help you friend or his family but it would be interesting to know what happened to maybe stop others who may read this taking the same risks.

13 minutes ago, BelfastBound said:

Hopefully going to hear more during the week. His mum said the doc warned him his heart was in bad shape. I'm sure there's been an autopsy so surely be a toxicology report also. Madness.

was he terribly overweight before doing what he did?

32 minutes ago, BelfastBound said:

Sorry to hear of this. Any idea what was the issue with his heart? 

1 hour ago, Lifesizepenguin said:

could have had a heart problem. DNP could have caused this, or could have been using amphetamines too. 

It's sad that your friend died, but it shows you that crash dieting and "quick fix" weight loss is not healthy or safe if you are struggling with weight issues.

It's a terrible mindset to go into drug usage with, to crutch a mental feeling of inadequecy. just my 2p.

According to studies DNP doesn't directly affect the heart like Clen does, however dehydration may have played a part and DNP is a poison after all.

Tricky likes this

It could well be a underlying heart defect and shows no symptoms. 

I found out about mine purely by accident and then spent the next 6 months getting every cardio test imaginable 

I was talking to a nurse the other day who used to work on the cardiac ward, she was telling me about a truck driver who had done 6 tins of Red Bull a day for the last few years and has given himself permanent heart damage from the caffeine. 

49 minutes ago, Lifesizepenguin said:

It's sad that your friend died, but it shows you that crash dieting and "quick fix" weight loss is not healthy or safe if you are struggling with weight issues.

This is the problem, there is no evidence I have seen to suggest this and i read up for months before I took it. People often spread misinformation about drugs which doesn't get us anywhere.

As for using drugs as a quick fix, well that's debatable. How many natties  do weights on this forum and not a minute of cardio. Building muscle to the extend we do is purely for personal reasons, not essential for health. The amount of muscle mass you need for a healthy skeletal system is pretty modest and flexibility plays a role. A healthy cardio system is vital for longevity.

7 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

I was talking to a nurse the other day who used to work on the cardiac ward, she was telling me about a truck driver who had done 6 tins of Red Bull a day for the last few years and has given himself permanent heart damage from the caffeine. 

My cardiologist tells me it's vital not to do HIIT, and frequent moderate cardio. Unless I went to him and did an ECG under cardio load I would never have known. 

1 hour ago, Tomahawk said:

Sounds unfortunate but I'd be interested to know what happened.

Too much DNP?

Did any qualified professionals have any further information about the cause?

Where has he said his friend ran DNp? 

jackhammer and Tazz like this

19 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Where has he said his friend ran DNp? 

That's all I've been thinking, the guy said clen and t3 lmao

25 minutes ago, JohhnyC said:

This is the problem, there is no evidence I have seen to suggest this and i read up for months before I took it. People often spread misinformation about drugs which doesn't get us anywhere.

As for using drugs as a quick fix, well that's debatable. How many natties  do weights on this forum and not a minute of cardio. Building muscle to the extend we do is purely for personal reasons, not essential for health. The amount of muscle mass you need for a healthy skeletal system is pretty modest and flexibility plays a role. A healthy cardio system is vital for longevity.

Quick fix weight loss from an overweight to obese level using crash dieting and multiple drugs is totally differnt to some untrained natty running an oral only cycle in risk.

But yes I do see your point.

2 minutes ago, Lifesizepenguin said:

Quick fix weight loss from an overweight to obese level using crash dieting and multiple drugs is totally differnt to some untrained natty running an oral only cycle in risk.

But yes I do see your point.

Yes that's true, if you're obese you are unhealthy in the first place despite all these "I'm a fat f#ck but healthy tv shows" claiming otherwise.

Lifesizepenguin likes this

42 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

OT but the effects of caffeine are seriously underestimated. I recently went three days with no caffeine and couldn't believe how awful I felt. I didn't drink what I thought was a huge amount (max 4 coffees in a day) but am working on gradually reducing this now.

48 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

I'm fvcked then I've dosed caffeine as high as 500mg+ pwo plus stim drinks during the day. 

1 minute ago, Ultrasonic said:

OT but the effects of caffeine are seriously underestimated. I recently went three days with no caffeine and couldn't believe how awful I felt. I didn't drink what I thought was a huge amount (max 4 coffees in a day) but am working on gradually reducing this now.

i regularly have purges leading into meets and any time ive gone cold turkey it is as you described awful 

dragging my ass around all day with a ton of brain fog and headaches to boot 

best way of doing it is weening off over a week 

cutting out a cup a day, i drink fresh so when istart to get down to one cup i switch over to instant then have a day with one instant coffee then a day with a half teaspoon of instant coffee

its a MUCH easier way of doing it 

Ultrasonic likes this

1 minute ago, swole troll said:

i regularly have purges leading into meets and any time ive gone cold turkey it is as you described awful 

dragging my ass around all day with a ton of brain fog and headaches to boot 

best way of doing it is weening off over a week 

cutting out a cup a day, i drink fresh so when istart to get down to one cup i switch over to instant then have a day with one instant coffee then a day with a half teaspoon of instant coffee

its a MUCH easier way of doing it 

Definitely - I ended up going cold turkey for an unrelated reason and had no intention of reducing caffeine intake at all. The scale of the effect caffeine was clearly having shocked me though, hence the plan to gradually reduce now.

And yes, lethargy and brain fog for me. Not much of a headache though which surprised me and initially made me discount caffeine as the cause.

swole troll likes this

1 hour ago, BelfastBound said:

That's the unfortunate part, if he's been overweight for some time and his heart wasn't good then running stuff like clen that have a direct effect on the heart can be a death sentence.

12 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

I've dropped mine right down trying to keep my cortisol levels low (ish), Just on 1 coffee a day now, even swapped my diet coke for the caffeine free stuff.

Just now, Sparkey said:

I've dropped mine right down trying to keep my cortisol levels low (ish), Just on 1 coffee a day now, even swapped my diet coke for the caffeine free stuff.

iv done 4 cans sugar free energy drinks a day minimum for about 6 years, just went cold turkey last week (have done it once before) After 24 hours I thought someone was kicking me in the forehead. 

Lifesizepenguin likes this