CHRISTOFFE93

protein vs carbs

31 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what you guys think is best for gaining noticable ammounts of muscle.  I go the gym once every other day and i have 3 meals a day i try to get in a meal thats considerd good for gaining weight such as chicken n pasta,   chicken curry n rice that sort of thing. If i was to increase the carbs or the protein which one would benefit me the most? I've been going on and off the gym for years and i dont make any gains even if i drink mass gaining shakes.  I will Usualy put on around 6lbs at the start of the year and then i platue all year,  it then becomes winter to cold to get to the gym,   i stop going and a loose the 6lbs i gained.   Its been repeating like this for 6-7 years.  Its pretty embarasing as i've seen girls lift more than i can and make more gains than me in half the time.  I feel like im missing something,   ive even had my testosterone tested and apparently it pretty high for soneone thats natural so i have no idea whats going on. 

You need to think of your diet as a whole not just a single meal.

At the most basic this means enough calories to gain weight and around 0.8g of protein per lb of body weight per day.

Eat 500 Gms of chicken boneless a day with two serving of rice and vegetables spread through out the day.

10 scrambled eggs with one serving of rice through out the day (5 whole 5 whites)

One scoop whey(Optional) whenever you feel like with two banana

Apart from that eat anything you want whenever you feel hungry.

Do this for one year.

Very vague but it would work.

15 hours ago, CHRISTOFFE93 said:

I feel like im missing something,

Yeah.  Proper programming, consistency, a bit of will power, some goddamn initiative, and drugs.

Mobster likes this

Pick a basic routine like a full body 2-3 times a week compound lifts about 6 exercises. Get better at the lifts.

8 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

Pick a basic routine like a full body 2-3 times a week compound lifts about 6 exercises. Get better at the lifts.

And don't take time off 'cos it's cold'. FFS

monkeybiker likes this

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and i will give that ago jatin.  I know the problens not hormonal or its not consistency/form so its got to be my diet.  I do have a gut issue thats not properly been diagnosed ive just gone through life assuming its IBS.  Do you guys think something like that could cause malnurishment such as difuculty obsorbing nutriens from foods?  I've tried and tested most things over the years at one point i was going mcdonalds everyday after the gym,  2 double cheese burgers,  large fries and a medium coke which totaled over 1700 calories in one meal and even that did nothing.  

^ your fu**ing problem is that you won't admit you don't know how to train and lack any semblance of discipline.

LeeDaLifter likes this

4 hours ago, CHRISTOFFE93 said:

I know the problens not hormonal or its not consistency/form so its got to be my diet.

You told us that for several years you have stopped going to the gym because it's cold. This is not a diet problem. Be honest with yourself.

2004mark and Mobster like this

14 hours ago, Mobster said:

And don't take time off 'cos it's cold'. FFS

I missed that bit.

Why is the cold stopping you go to the gym? Put a coat on.

Mobster likes this

5 hours ago, Mobster said:

My Troll antenna is vibrating...

I didn't say i haven't been the gym for 7 years because its cold...  I said towards the end of the year i stop going or i'll go like once a week,  i don't own a car or a license so i cycle to the gym during spring summer and autumn but when it gets freezing December - feb my consistency drops because i freeze my ass off.  I know exactly what i'm doing when it comes to training i could label every muscle in the body and know how to train each muscle group the best.  Considering the way that i train and how long I've been going at it i should be built like a tank by now but i'm not.  My problem is the fact my training is more than on point and that i cannot get past 6lbs gain within 9-10 months of training even more bizarre is the fact i only loose the original 6lbs i gain right at the start of the year and when i return to the gym i can put that 6lbs back on without even trying within a week. 

Here's my training routine 

Mondays all upper body pushing movements. 

Bench press incline 3x12 70kg -  mith machine/press

incline bench 3x12 60kg - mith machine/press

Dumbell arnold press 3x12 15kg each arm

Shoulder press machine 3x10 50kg 

Fly peck deck 4x10 50kg 

Side lateral raises with cables 15kg each arm 3x12

Tuesdays day off

Wednesday all pulling movements. 

lateral pulldown with narrow 90 degree grip 60kg 3x12

lateral pull down regular bar and grip placement 3x12 45kg 

Seated cable rows with narrow 90 degree grip 60kg 6 reps then i drop the weight by 10kg and add 2 reps.  It then a matter of rinse and repeat until i get to 20kg 20 reps. 

Seated cable rows wide grip lat pulldown bar 50kg 8 reps, 40kg 10 reps 30kg 12 reps. 

Bent over rows 3x10 50kg 

Cable Becept curls 40kg sets of 10 until failure. 

Friday legs 

Leg press machine 3x15 120kg 

Calf raises on machine 3x15 40kg 

leg curl machine 3x15 50kg 

leg extension 50kg 3x15 

Deadlift 3x15 70kg 

I then restart the routine the following gym day.  Abs get train at home when i feel like it by doing spider man crunches. 

1 hour ago, CHRISTOFFE93 said:

I didn't say i haven't been the gym for 7 years because its cold...  I said towards the end of the year i stop going or i'll go like once a week,  i don't own a car or a license so i cycle to the gym during spring summer and autumn but when it gets freezing December - feb my consistency drops because i freeze my ass off.  I know exactly what i'm doing when it comes to training i could label every muscle in the body and know how to train each muscle group the best.  Considering the way that i train and how long I've been going at it i should be built like a tank by now but i'm not.  My problem is the fact my training is more than on point and that i cannot get past 6lbs gain within 9-10 months of training even more bizarre is the fact i only loose the original 6lbs i gain right at the start of the year and when i return to the gym i can put that 6lbs back on without even trying within a week. 

Here's my training routine 

Mondays all upper body pushing movements. 

Bench press incline 3x12 70kg -  mith machine/press

incline bench 3x12 60kg - mith machine/press

Dumbell arnold press 3x12 15kg each arm

Shoulder press machine 3x10 50kg 

Fly peck deck 4x10 50kg 

Side lateral raises with cables 15kg each arm 3x12

Tuesdays day off

Wednesday all pulling movements. 

lateral pulldown with narrow 90 degree grip 60kg 3x12

lateral pull down regular bar and grip placement 3x12 45kg 

Seated cable rows with narrow 90 degree grip 60kg 6 reps then i drop the weight by 10kg and add 2 reps.  It then a matter of rinse and repeat until i get to 20kg 20 reps. 

Seated cable rows wide grip lat pulldown bar 50kg 8 reps, 40kg 10 reps 30kg 12 reps. 

Bent over rows 3x10 50kg 

Cable Becept curls 40kg sets of 10 until failure. 

Friday legs 

Leg press machine 3x15 120kg 

Calf raises on machine 3x15 40kg 

leg curl machine 3x15 50kg 

leg extension 50kg 3x15 

Deadlift 3x15 70kg 

I then restart the routine the following gym day.  Abs get train at home when i feel like it by doing spider man crunches. 

vegmuscle is that you bro ?

How can it be "to cold to go to the gym" and "outlifted by most women". WTF.

Either you're the biggest b1tch I've come across for a long time or you're living in Eskimo country.

Mobster likes this

9 hours ago, CHRISTOFFE93 said:

but when it gets freezing December - feb my consistency drops because i freeze my ass off.

Is that not just a simple case of dressing properly. 

You need to man up, put some extra clothes on in winter and eat more, control your calories and increase them until you gain size and muscle and then you'll grow! Consistency is key, and if your yoyoing around 6lb gain and los your not consistently eating enough and training with consistency, the end!

how many calories do you eat per day?? Mostly every guy on here that grows can probably tell you to the gram how much protein carbs and fats they've consumed for the past year I'd guess or they know how much they need to eat from experience and growing, youndont clearly so you need to apply some science!

I did not mention you took 7 years off. Plus you leg press 120kg?? You've been told consistency is key. You gain when you go, you lose when you don't. It's THAT SIMPLE.

9 hours ago, Mobster said:

I did not mention you took 7 years off. Plus you leg press 120kg?? You've been told consistency is key. You gain when you go, you lose when you don't. It's THAT SIMPLE.

Is 120kg good or bad?

To quote you: '' Its pretty embarrassing as I've seen girls lift more than i can ''

I'm coaching a girl right now (grip and a few tips on other lifts) which did 3 x 1 with 180kg on the deadlift yesterday so...