bflare

10 Week Bulking Progress...Help Please.

56 posts in this topic

Damn, looks like you gained everything but muscle, you should get blood work done with your GP, I wouldn't be surprised if your Testosterone levels are through the floor looking at that progress collage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DLTBB said:

Damn, looks like you gained everything but muscle, you should get blood work done with your GP, I wouldn't be surprised if your Testosterone levels are through the floor looking at that progress collage.

Sorry incorrect this time. Had blood work done and everything is fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ultrasonic said:

This may have been the study discussed below?

http://suppversity.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/hiit-ing-it-after-arm-workouts-will.html?m=1

Note this particular study wasn't looking at any potential effect on lower body strength/side gains, which is the usual concern.

There is some wider evidence sumarised here for anyone curious:

https://www.cdof.com.br/ARTIGOS/DIVERSOS/WILSON 2012 Concurrent_Training___A_Meta_Analysis_Examining.35.pdf

Sure, how much you do obviously matters. We're likely not talking about big effects here. I personally now avoid HIIT as I feel it's more likely to adversely affect leg recovery but I wouldn't claim that's proven. Post-workout LISS cardio on the other hand may have a different negative effect due to different biochemical signalling to weight training. This is why it is quite commonly advised to keep cardio separate from weight training if you can.

There was a recent study trying to compare the effects of HIIT and LISS in terms of how it interferes with weight training but unfortunately it was for pre-workout cardio rather than post. This is the study FWIW:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5093324/

 

Tbh this isn't something I worry about if my main goal is losing bodyfat. If I were bulking and trying to increase strength/size then I'd most likely keep my cardio away from weight sessions in order to optimise things.

 

I think we can agree any loss of strength progression while dieting due to post workout cardio would be negligible, plus you'll gain any lost mass back straight away once you increase calories again. It's really not worth worrying about imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

24 minutes ago, anabolik said:

Tbh this isn't something I worry about if my main goal is losing bodyfat. If I were bulking and trying to increase strength/size then I'd most likely keep my cardio away from weight sessions in order to optimise things.

I was talking from the point of view of the OP focusing on gaining rather than fat loss. I actually do zero cardio when trying to drop fat and just eat less, but I know most people would do some :).

I think the same issues still apply when focusing on fat loss to be honest, although potentially relating more to muscle retention than gain. I would also be even more inclined to favour LISS over HIIT when cutting.

Just my view.

anabolik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ultrasonic said:

 

I was talking from the point of view of the OP focusing on gaining rather than fat loss. I actually do zero cardio when trying to drop fat and just eat less, but I know most people would do some :).

I think the same issues still apply when focusing on fat loss to be honest, although potentially relating more to muscle retention than gain. I would also be even more inclined to favour LISS over HIIT when cutting.

Just my view.

Different strokes n all that. I think it comes down to whatever fits into your lifestyle the easiest. If you can find the time to go back to the gym at another time in the day to do your cardio that would obviously be the best scenario, however sometimes that's just not possible, in which case slipping it in after your weights session would be better than not doing any at all.

Personally I do both LISS and HIIT depending on how I'm feeling that day. 

Ultrasonic likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, anabolik said:

I think it comes down to whatever fits into your lifestyle the easiest. If you can find the time to go back to the gym at another time in the day to do your cardio that would obviously be the best scenario, however sometimes that's just not possible, in which case slipping it in after your weights session would be better than not doing any at all.

Absolutely. And of course some LISS pre-workout is good from a warm-up POV.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now