CarpeDiem76

Opinion on my Macros please ?

27 posts in this topic

On 20/04/2017 at 7:17 PM, CarpeDiem76 said:

Just gonna up the cals gradually as I struggle with bulking in the way that I hate feeling fat or bloated, really want to try this time though, wouldnt you say 1g of protein per 1 lb weight is enouygh ?

Well for me personally. I say that because people will only correct your opinion lol. I always lean out when i just fill my mouth with just protein. I weigh around 230 pounds and i try for 300g of protein i day sometimes I'll get over that. It's hard work i never used to have protein shakes but now i give in and just have them it's just easier. Have a little bit of carbs here and there. As for fat Iv never botherd with it never thought i function or heal from workouts better with having it so i don't bother counting it aslong as I'm not having loads of it. This is what works for me. Its hard to lean bulk or whatever you call it you have to get all technical and s**t. Loosening weight is as easy as pie though 

CarpeDiem76 and OPTIGURA UK like this

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 7:02 PM, CarpeDiem76 said:

I am 41, 5ft 9 , 196 lbs or 14st dead, pretty lean but have that last bit of low ab fat to shift, train 6 days a week, 20 mins cardio before every  session and approx 2 hr lifting, my macros are ..

Protein = 208

Carbs   = 187

Fat       =  43

Calories = 2500

This does not include a meal at tea time which is either spag bol, tuna pasta or similair so hitting over 3000 cals, 200 carbs, 50-60 fats at a guess. does this all look good for a leanish bulk ?

As the other guys have said, no one can really tell you what your maintenance calories are...you need to find that out through trial and error. 

If you feel you need to increase cals then I'd increase fats first as they're quite low.

Personally I'd cut (if I still bothered) on about 3500, bulk on 4700 ish. 

My weekly food bill is disgraceful lol 

CarpeDiem76 likes this