Mayzini

moderation and new mods

48 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Vinny said:

I was just about to post about having stickies would be ideal!

I keep seeing some solid write ups from @swole troll and @dtlv just to name a few, that get buried by questions that could be asked by simply searching (I'm also bad for this as after a search It takes a well roaring to find the info I was looking for)

There is actually a hidden stickie section if you search for it but it's basic.

4 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

There is actually a hidden stickie section if you search for it but it's basic.

I did see a collection of threads someone put together a couple of months ago, but I forgot to bookmark it and couldn't find it again haha

6 hours ago, Mayzini said:

with the exception of you and Chelsea again I cant seem to trace the last time any other Mod posted a thread nor log.

You're not looking very hard as I post daily and have ran a log for over 6 years.

2 hours ago, Mingster said:

You're not looking very hard as I post daily and have ran a log for over 6 years.

Apologies mate I forgot you i knew I would forget someone 

Mingster likes this

Thanks for the kind mentions in this thread but I'm afraid I would prefer not to be a mod. I'd simply prefer not to have any responsibility for the nonsense in Gen. Con. As others have said the other sections are mostly OK.

People should perhaps report more posts they aren't happy with, to make the job of the existing mods easier.

Mayzini, TITO, BLUE(UK) and 1 other like this

41 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

Thanks for the kind mentions in this thread but I'm afraid I would prefer not to be a mod. I'd simply prefer not to have any responsibility for the nonsense in Gen. Con. As others have said the other sections are mostly OK.

People should perhaps report more posts they aren't happy with, to make the job of the existing mods easier.

i guess my original post was simply that the presence of more experienced people on the site moderating the content and providing information and advice would make the forum more focused. However I am quite a serious person so most would probably hate it.

as mentioned I am not an experienced online forum type of person, in fact this is the first one I have ever joined and taken seriously and try to contribute from the 20 plus years or training ( natty and not) experience I have, which in turn might help others not make some of the mistakes I have made along the way.   

I assume most joined this forum to share knowledge both to pass on but also to learn from knowledge pool here, as you never stop learning.  I just find it could be better handled especially for first time or new members.  

I think I feel better today about the forum after steering away from General convo as Its tiresome reading a thread, which first appears to be a sensible pone, to end up with several members bitching at one another. 

I have decided I am just getting old and miserable.

BLUE(UK) likes this

I'd also be up for moderating if more mods were being implemented. I've been a forum mod before on another forum and I've been here for a good few years now, plus I've been platinum for ages so you know I'm loyal as f**k :D

BLUE(UK), Ultrasonic and Quackerz like this

32 minutes ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

I'd also be up for moderating if more mods were being implemented. I've been a forum mod before on another forum and I've been here for a good few years now, plus I've been platinum for ages so you know I'm loyal as f**k :D

plus from memory your from Kent so that gets my vote !!!

I'mNotAPervert! likes this

@Mayzini

I do agree that Mod's should be members who are active,  so yes there is some scope there for a bit of a clearout and maybe a new face or 2.

I'm a little distanced from the forum at present so I trust the existing Mod's to make this call. I'll start a thread now and see what their feedback is.

Mayzini, Quackerz, BLUE(UK) and 2 others like this

49 minutes ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

You also easily pass the knowing what you're talking about test, so you'd have my support.

I'mNotAPervert! likes this

3 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

You also easily pass the knowing what you're talking about test, so you'd have my support.

Appreciated mate :)

1 hour ago, Lorian said:

@Mayzini

I do agree that Mod's should be members who are active,  so yes there is some scope there for a bit of a clearout and maybe a new face or 2.

I'm a little distanced from the forum at present so I trust the existing Mod's to make this call. I'll start a thread now and see what their feedback is.

fck all wrong with the forum ,dont you be worrying over nothing :)

MRSTRONG and 2004mark like this

Thanks fellas, appreciated :)

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

unless of course his previous moderating is from over on 4chan

I'd sooner eat my own s**t, regurgitate it, let my cat eat it and s**t it out before eating his s**t filled with my s**t/sputum, rather than even sign up to that wasteland for the weird and socially inadequate :D

On 4/20/2017 at 11:14 PM, 2004mark said:

Probably the calmest the waters have been for years... if anything could do with a bit more drama.

100% Agree 

The ego`s of highly juiced up pencil necks made the forum busy and entertaining however it did distract from more serious threads and no doubt lost members looking for more training threads , i do think active members could do more to help make the mods life easier by reporting threads as they turn sour or even to alert mods before these threads derail .