Mayzini

moderation and new mods

48 posts in this topic

Hate to be the guy that wants regulation, but I feel there is a need for some more Mods on the forum.  I come here most days, and I only really see a few, mainly @Chelsea and @Pscarb and @Dark sim but I am sure the Paul scarb has enough on his plate with his kidney issues etc to worry about moderating here, even though he does, and still gives us great advice mind. I appreciate @Lorian @Hera have their hands full with their new family as well. 

I just personally think there are UKM members who are constant as to their presence on the forum and fair with both their knowledge and advice,  the likes of @swole troll @BLUE(UK) @Dead lee @DLTBB @Ultrasonic to name but a few of the top of my head.  Not sure any of them would necessarily want to be a mod, but it would be good to see the presence of moderators a bit more, and for some of the tit for tat rubbish that goes on especially in General conversation controlled a little.   

I would add my knowledge of how running and internet forum etc and in turn moderation of such is next to nothing so purely just giving and opinion based on my user experience.

be interested if other members agree or not. 

Just now, Mayzini said:

Hate to be the guy that wants regulation, but I feel there is a need for some more Mods on the forum.  I come here most days, and I only really see a few, mainly @Chelsea and @Pscarb and @Dark sim but I am sure the Paul scarb has enough on his plate with his kidney issues etc to worry about moderating here, even though he does, and still gives us great advice mind. I appreciate @Lorian @Hera have their hands full with their new family as well. 

I just personally think there are UKM members who are constant as to their presence on the forum and fair with both their knowledge and advice,  the likes of @swole troll @BLUE(UK) @Dead lee @DLTBB @Ultrasonic to name but a few of the top of my head.  Not sure any of them would necessarily want to be a mod, but it would be good to see the presence of moderators a bit more, and for some of the tit for tat rubbish that goes on especially in General conversation controlled a little.   

I would add my knowledge of how running and internet forum etc and in turn moderation of such is next to nothing so purely just giving and opinion based on my user experience.

be interested if other members agree or not. 

Thanks for the mention but as said before when put forward, I don't really want it as I only really come into the general section between jobs at work and still have times when I'm committed to college assignments. 

I had no idea @Pscarb was dealing with health issues, good luck in the treatment if you read this. 

theBEAST2002 and Mayzini like this

Just now, BLUE(UK) said:

Thanks for the mention but as said before when put forward, I don't really want it as I only really come into the general section between jobs at work and still have times when I'm committed to college assignments. 

I had no idea @Pscarb was dealing with health issues, good luck in the treatment if you read this. 

thanks for the reply,  i just threw some names in the hat purely that spring to mind for members, who are platinum, therefore showing there use of the forum etc, but also who are fair, sensible and helpful with advice and when communicating with other members.  

I am just finding some of the threads on here just end up going into a war of words or complete stupidity. its why I am slowly moving away from General conv and staying more to AAS side of things and members logs.  I am in hear to mainly talking about training, nutrition, AAS use with like minded people some of which I can learn from some of which I can pass any knowledge I have on to them.  perhaps its just me getting old and miserable !

hope the college work is going well though. 

BLUE(UK) likes this

1 minute ago, Mayzini said:

thanks for the reply,  i just threw some names in the hat purely that spring to mind for members, who are platinum, therefore showing there use of the forum etc, but also who are fair, sensible and helpful with advice and when communicating with other members.  

I am just finding some of the threads on here just end up going into a war of words or complete stupidity. its why I am slowly moving away from General conv and staying more to AAS side of things and members logs.  I am in hear to mainly talking about training, nutrition, AAS use with like minded people some of which I can learn from some of which I can pass any knowledge I have on to them.  perhaps its just me getting old and miserable !

hope the college work is going well though. 

Think most moderation is done in other sections whereas general con is let ride close to the rules and only modded when going against the law/upsetting too many people. 

College is going ok, still not got the results of my law and contract assignment but was told by the lecturer I have at least a Merit as he has speed read through it I'd imagine. 

Mayzini likes this

thanks for the post @Mayzini what do you think more MOD's would bring to the forum do you feel that threads are left not moderated?

i agree i have plenty on my plate but my day job is on a computer and i know it sounds silly but posting and moderating the forum is a welcome break sometimes....

i will agree that we have MODs who are not active so should be removed and then replacements brought in from the current members this is something i will bring up with @Lorian

i will admit gone are the days where i worry about upsetting people if they have broken forum rules, a new found rule for me is to not debate or be tolerant with stupid people :)

12 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Think most moderation is done in other sections whereas general con is let ride close to the rules and only modded when going against the law/upsetting too many people. 

College is going ok, still not got the results of my law and contract assignment but was told by the lecturer I have at least a Merit as he has speed read through it I'd imagine. 

glad everything is going well mate.  I cross over to various sections I just think the presence across the forum is lacking. 

BLUE(UK) likes this

8 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

i will admit gone are the days where i worry about upsetting people if they have broken forum rules, a new found rule for me is to not debate or be tolerant with stupid people :)

I've very little patience for the best of people if I'm honest and if I was a Mod, the banning stick would be prodding often. Haha. 

theBEAST2002 likes this

6 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I've very little patience for the best of people if I'm honest and if I was a Mod, the banning stick would be prodding often. Haha. 

Sounds like you would fit in nicely :)

BLUE(UK) likes this

1 minute ago, Pscarb said:

thanks for the post @Mayzini what do you think more MOD's would bring to the forum do you feel that threads are left not moderated?

i agree i have plenty on my plate but my day job is on a computer and i know it sounds silly but posting and moderating the forum is a welcome break sometimes....

i will agree that we have MODs who are not active so should be removed and then replacements brought in from the current members this is something i will bring up with @Lorian

thanks @Pscarb  I am not asking for a policing as that isnt really the mods role, but moderating the interaction is important to encourage decent advice and conversation flow rather than slanging matches. 

I feel some are, I appreciate that General Conv is left lightly moderated but some of the stuff there is getting stupid with people bitching at one another or whatever just childish stuff that ends up wasting a decent thread often enough.  

across the board the likes of you and @Chelsea are present and give good advice.  However in my opinion Moderators should also post a thread or two and upload content to the forum, with the exception of you and Chelsea again I cant seem to trace the last time any other Mod posted a thread nor log.  

There seems to be a lot of nonsense threads across the forum with some just have to be trolling. Weirdly the AAS section appears to have calmed down, but I often wonder how many threads can we have asking what brands are good for this that and the other. 

Oh I just think I might be getting old and miserable and intolerable of idiots that either want to talk about how much money they have or dont have, or to slag someone off. I dont mind banter but some of it is just ridiculous, yet I am 43 and perhaps too long in the tooth. 

I feel that even in my short time being part of this forum there has been a significant change and whilst a lot of the silly threads and members seem to have gone, and the site as a whole moved back to one that talks about the subject we all came here for, it could run better. 

Chelsea likes this

30 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

ive been saying this for about 4 yrs , simply remove the post and send the poster a pm  - just change your username to 'judge dread' :D

Chelsea and Mayzini like this

1 hour ago, richardrahl said:

Long past time that @swole troll and @Ultrasonic got their mod badges. I don't post much, but I read plenty and these are top guys that always come across really well. 

Right, I'm off to start a thread about whether TM is gtg. Hasn't been one in almost half an hour.

"Is taylormade gtg" needs it's own sub forum

4 hours ago, swole troll said:

appreciate the mention @Mayzini

just got my platinum seal of approval today actually 

You're one of the cool kids now mate. Relish it.

21 minutes ago, Quackerz said:

You're one of the cool kids now mate. Relish it.

Thanks man

My father welled up when I phoned him with the good news 

All those years ago when people I know were slogging away at their degrees while I was posting on the misc and reddit, just putting in work 

And today I can at last say I've arrived 

And a stickies section at the top of each section would be a God send, every other thread in every section is basically the same post asking the same questions!

By the way is Tm gtg?

3 minutes ago, swole troll said:

Thanks man

My father welled up when I phoned him with the good news 

All those years ago when people I know were slogging away at their degrees while I was posting on the misc and reddit, just putting in work 

And today I can at last say I've arrived 

@Lorian should be round yours to show you the secret handshake and give you a complementary UKM t-shirt (had to get that in) anytime now. You've done it mate, you've fu**ing gone and done it. 

Screw those uni bellends. 

richardrahl and swole troll like this

1 minute ago, Sparkey said:

And a stickies section at the top of each section would be a God send, every other thread in every section is basically the same post asking the same questions!

By the way is Tm gtg?

I was just about to post about having stickies would be ideal!

I keep seeing some solid write ups from @swole troll and @dtlv just to name a few, that get buried by questions that could be asked by simply searching (I'm also bad for this as after a search It takes a well roaring to find the info I was looking for)

swole troll and Quackerz like this