Dark_Ansem

[log]
7-day Water Fast Log - Challenge (hellish, hence why it's a challenge)

375 posts in this topic

I've decided to do a 7 day water fast. After trying a 3-day one, and succeeding, I decided to try the full thing.

After having done my research, I decided to trust theories which state how complete fasting does not dramatically slow down metabolism, while significant calorie deficit does. Purpose of the water fast is also to trigger ketosis ASAP, which I will monitor via Ketostix - taking into account they can only help so far.

Energy levels will likely be low. However, I'll still aim to train just as hard.

Biggest issue apart from hunger? Focus.

Starting Stats:
Height: 183cms
Weight: 93kg
BF%: 24
Maintenance TDEE calculated with Katch-McArdle formula: 2774 kcal/day

Supplementation: Full ammino-acid spectrum (not just BCAA), in order to minimise muscle loss even at the 'possible' expense of autophagy

C-Vitamin: 1000mg day slow release

Multivitamin: 1 per day   

T3: {50mcg per day, thanks to @I'mNotAPervert! and his suggestions, in order to boost metabolism. I recommend reading his FAQ} no T3. Apparently I had understood the exact opposite of what he meant. Of course, any possible results will be slowed down. But damage will be mitigated.

Ultraburn: if necessary, to curb hunger and possibly help with focus.

What should be expected from this?

- dramatic initial weight loss, which is actually water weight

- some lean mass loss, alas, inevitable. However, fasting and ketosis should help in protecting it

- greater fat loss than lean mass loss, thanks to benefits of fasting and the fact that my fat% is not as low as the average here

Before-after Pictures: will be available via PM.

Day 1:
Weight: 93kg
Ketostix: N/A
Training intensity: same as non-fast day

The fat should be flying off you with a regular diet and no drugs at 24%, this seems really unnecessary to me. 75mcg in itself is enough to make most people feel like crap, never mind not eating anything for a week. 

Robbie, TinTin10 and andyboro like this

Just now, DLTBB said:

The fat should be flying off you with a regular diet and no drugs at 24%, this seems really unnecessary to me. 75mcg in itself is enough to make most people feel like crap, never mind not eating anything for a week. 

TBH the 24% is likely slightly overestimated as it's a caliper reading and, ever since last year's surgery, it has been somewhat off.

6 minutes ago, Dark_Ansem said:

TBH the 24% is likely slightly overestimated as it's a caliper reading and, ever since last year's surgery, it has been somewhat off.

I mean even if it's 5% out that would still put you at 19% which is still high and shouldn't require any extreme measures to make very quick progress. I just don't see how anybody who has any regard for their body/performance can think it's a good idea to go a whole week without any fuel/nutrients on a high dose of T3, call me old fashioned. 

I am in to follow this, but I have to agree with @DLTBB  having been up to 25 stone and 35% bodyfat following my injury a couple of years back, getting it off can be frustrating but stick to the basics and this sort of drastic approach isnt necessary and potentially would have an adverse on your bodies insulin response as well as other hormonal issues regardless of metabolism. 

Can I ask the OP what is the goal from this? what did the 3 days fast achieve ? 

Woahhh, hold up... So we discussed T3 usage and I made it clear that with adequate AAS usage, you'd be fine, but I wouldn't be running it at all without AAS (this is even with a normal diet, too) , and my FAQ emphasises this heavily... so you're practically thanking me for my advice all the while going against it? Come on, dude...

Just to clarify for anyone reading, I don't condone this silliness. I'm interested in this thread and the results, don't get me wrong, but just to be clear, it was not my idea for OP to be running this dose of T3 with no AAS whatsoever, especially not on such an extreme diet.

I'd also completely advise against any intense training or cardio.

why do people always need to reinvent the wheel? You would swear no-one lost weight before last Tuesday 

I am doing a cut at the moment, don't count calories nor macros, just eat  less and move more. Losing 1.5 - 2lbs a week consistently for 5 weeks now. Will be done soon

Dark_Ansem and AncientOldBloke like this

55 minutes ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

Woahhh, hold up... So we discussed T3 usage and I made it clear that with adequate AAS usage, you'd be fine, but I wouldn't be running it at all without AAS (this is even with a normal diet, too) , and my FAQ emphasises this heavily... so you're practically thanking me for my advice all the while going against it? Come on, dude...

Just to clarify for anyone reading, I don't condone this silliness. I'm interested in this thread and the results, don't get me wrong, but just to be clear, it was not my idea for OP to be running this dose of T3 with no AAS whatsoever, especially not on such an extreme diet.

I'd also completely advise against any intense training or cardio.

Not what I understood from the conversation. It was quite clear I wasn't planning on any AAS.

I would guess this is not sustainable and any weight loss will soon go back on once normal eating is resumed.

Would def drop the T3 to 50mg 

Dark_Ansem likes this

9 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

I would guess this is not sustainable and any weight loss will soon go back on once normal eating is regained.

Would def drop the T3 to 50mg.

You may not loose much water weight with it being the only thing your ingesting. 

First and last point partly correct: fat lost does stay off, but water weight rebounds, and it is quite a lot. So weight does creep back up, but not as much as before - and, of course, clothes (trousers) do show the difference - specifically, my trousers have been a bit more comfortable after the water fast.

Dropped T3 to 50, it sounds sensible.

EDIT: to those who wonder why I'd do something so drastic, my answer is that it's a challenge. Sometimes you need to jumpstart your body to get a reaction, as my weight (after having gained a lot of muscle) has been stagnant for too long and refused to drop - except when on Keto.

Sparkey likes this

Have you any current pictures? Is there a reason your not just following a kcal deficit and cardio? How much are you hoping to lose? 

Dark_Ansem likes this

Just now, Tricky said:

Have you any current pictures? Is there a reason your not just following a kcal deficit and cardio? How much are you hoping to lose? 

Pictures available via PM, if you want them pvt me.

The reason is that kcal deficit hampers metabolism way too much if compared to complete fasting - there is a significant amount of research about the differences between fasting and "dieting". As of now, standard dieting hasn't really worked a lot for me. Keto diet did, but by the time I'll get into proper keto I'll have to break the fast.

Hoping to lose? As in weight or BF%?

Mayzini likes this

1 minute ago, Dark_Ansem said:

The reason is that kcal deficit hampers metabolism way too much if compared to complete fasting - there is a significant amount of research about the differences between fasting and "dieting". As of now, standard dieting hasn't really worked a lot for me. Keto diet did, but by the time I'll get into proper keto I'll have to break the fast.

definitely interested in this, as from my head it sounds complete madness although I have read up on fasting but decided it was just doesnt fit in with the lifting life style. 

I am interested in the results however mate.  

Tricky, Dark_Ansem and Lissuw like this

Well, I did lift during the 3-day fast with no strength loss (trained friday and saturday).

I'm also working and studying from home, so that definitely helps.

I am aware that some lean mass will be lost, but I am taking precautions - ketosis, specifically, and the understanding that T3 (specifically, Liothyronine sodium) will help burning through the glucose.

1 hour ago, Dark_Ansem said:

Not what I understood from the conversation. It was quite clear I wasn't planning on any AAS.

In the PMs, there is absolutely no mention of you being against using AAS. If you can show me where, I will publicly apologise for the misunderstanding, but I'm pretty much certain you didn't say such a thing or I obviously would have totally advised against using T3 at all. I thought it should have been obvious by my initial response, and my FAQ, and I believe in one of your other threads too, that unless you mind losing quite a bit of muscle, I absolutely advise against using T3 without AAS.

Again, my first post here wasn't out of malice, I just don't like to be made out to look like I'm giving very bad advice when I haven't.

Dark_Ansem likes this

1 minute ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

In the PMs, there is absolutely no mention of you being against using AAS. If you can show me where, I will publicly apologise for the misunderstanding, but I'm pretty much certain you didn't say such a thing or I obviously would have totally advised against using T3 at all. I thought it should have been obvious by my initial response, and my FAQ, and I believe in one of your other threads too, that unless you mind losing quite a bit of muscle, I absolutely advise against using T3 without AAS.

Again, my first post here wasn't out of malice, I just don't like to be made out to look like I'm giving very bad advice when I haven't.

Not against AAS. Just not enough time to properly plan a cycle at this time so didn't even consider them otherwise I would have specified it - even then, the strongest thing I've ever used is Anavar.

No harm done, anyway. I doubt one day at 50mcg will be enough to shutdown my thyroid. There's plenty of time to stop it if you feel so strongly against it. 

I'mNotAPervert! likes this

1 minute ago, Dark_Ansem said:

Not against AAS. Just not enough time to properly plan a cycle at this time so didn't even consider them otherwise I would have specified it - even then, the strongest thing I've ever used is Anavar.

No harm done, anyway. I doubt one day at 50mcg will be enough to shutdown my thyroid. There's plenty of time to stop it if you feel so strongly against it. 

Okay. Just for future reference then which I've always stressed and I'm sure is clear by now - no AAS = no T3 ;) and nah, you're not gonna shut down your thyroid in one day, pack the T3 away for another time and let us know how you do. Looking forward to the results :) 

Dark_Ansem likes this

57 minutes ago, Dark_Ansem said:

Interested in this as I'm thinking of IF diet say 500kcal meal 1 and meal 2&3 900kcals so total of 2300 in an 8 hour window remaining 16 hours fasted. Would this 2300 IF diet yield better results than 2000kcal diet over 5 meals? 

Dark_Ansem likes this

26 minutes ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

Okay. Just for future reference then which I've always stressed and I'm sure is clear by now - no AAS = no T3 ;) and nah, you're not gonna shut down your thyroid in one day, pack the T3 away for another time and let us know how you do. Looking forward to the results :) 

Thanks. Will do that, pity I have loads of it ha. 

It is almost a pity, for once I had something proper. Just 50 mcg and I already felt all weird in the area of Adam's apple.

22 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Interested in this as I'm thinking of IF diet say 500kcal meal 1 and meal 2&3 900kcals so total of 2300 in an 8 hour window remaining 16 hours fasted. Would this 2300 IF diet yield better results than 2000kcal diet over 5 meals? 

That entirely depends on what are you aiming for. Recomp or fat loss?

25 minutes ago, Dark_Ansem said:

That entirely depends on what are you aiming for. Recomp or fat loss?

Recomping would be great adding some muscle whilst burning fat. Have a look in my journal you'll see I haven't much muscle but lots of mid section fat

Dark_Ansem likes this

2 hours ago, Dark_Ansem said:

Thanks. Will do that, pity I have loads of it ha. 

It is almost a pity, for once I had something proper. Just 50 mcg and I already felt all weird in the area of Adam's apple.

Well, save it for a rainy day ;)

This is why I don't f**ks with underground lab T3 anymore, most of the time it's either under or overdosed because dosing in mcg requires very stringent procedures, which UGLs obviously don't have in place (then people wonder why they feel terrible when it's overdosed!). Stick to pharma is always my advice. I feel fu**ing fantastic on 150mcg of pharma, if it wasn't for the fact that it gave me high blood pressure and other side effects as the cycle goes on I'd fu**ing stay on it tbh :lol:

Dark_Ansem likes this

35 minutes ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

Well, save it for a rainy day ;)

This is why I don't f**ks with underground lab T3 anymore, most of the time it's either under or overdosed because dosing in mcg requires very stringent procedures, which UGLs obviously don't have in place (then people wonder why they feel terrible when it's overdosed!). Stick to pharma is always my advice. I feel fu**ing fantastic on 150mcg of pharma, if it wasn't for the fact that it gave me high blood pressure and other side effects as the cycle goes on I'd fu**ing stay on it tbh :lol:

At least I can't complain about that this time. I can definitely say this is legit. And, you know, official Tiromel. Then again, I won't use it right now, will I?

I am wondering, however, if you have any suggestion on when ingesting the Ultraburn. I'm aiming for early afternoon, let's see if it will keep me awake tonight.

16 hours ago, Tricky said:

No.