supertesty

Gf doesnt loose weight while on deficit

87 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Im completely lost about my wife cutting diet. I do bodybuilding since 10years and always been able to get ripped with my own diet and fat burners.

Despit her strict diet she follows, 4 to 5 training/week , and cardio, she doesnt loose weight. She takes 2,5mg of yohim too ED.

So what ? I think her metabolism is completely slowdown, she cheated 1 week ago and in 1 day her weight up 2lbs !!!

thanks a lot

What's her calorie intake like and is everything weighed and accounted for? Little things like sugary drinks, milk and sugar in tea or coffee, alcohol etc. 

Two possibilities:

1) She is not actually in a calorie deficit.

2) Fluctuations in water weight are masking the fat loss. As in she may have actually lost fat but her weight has not dropped due to an increase in water weight.

Pictures needed to help judge lol.

Has above can you post a bit more information like current weight and Marcos?

Hi guys and thanks, actually I know she respects all the diet and she's in deficit, i guarantee you. her weight never stop to move from 130 to 132pounds.
3 weeks on diet, I advised her to dont cheat this week just to see if the scale moves down but after 3 weeks and no results the motivation is very difficult now and I can understand.

She trains hard, and do some cardio 3times a week. Ok even  if the calories are too low or anything else, her weight should have been decrease to some degree before the metabolism crash because of a too strong deficit. But its not the case.

Yes she's got a problem of water retention so what to do ? her thyroid levels are in range. I dont know what to do. wtf

what is one persons Deficit is not another's, example being my metabolism is damn slow. takes ages for me to lose weight  

Also does she drink enough water?

11 minutes ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

She is eating when you are sleeping mate

ROFL :lol:

Her BMR is 1400kcal

on training : 1400*1,6 : 2200 - 20% for the deficit : 1700kcal

off : 1400*1.4-20% : 1560kcal

I did her diet on this base. 2gr of protein/kilos, 1,5gr of carb/kilos,

macros ON training : 120p, 90c, 90fat

off : 120p, 60c, 90fat

the cheat is some sushis, she drinks 3l of wate a day.

so what ? What the fukking fux

She struggle to eat the fat so she's even more on deficit than that !

She's eating to much, simple.

What are her stats:  weight, height etc?  

5 minutes ago, supertesty said:

ROFL :lol:

Her BMR is 1400kcal

on training : 1400*1,6 : 2200 - 20% for the deficit : 1700kcal

off : 1400*1.4-20% : 1560kcal

I did her diet on this base. 2gr of protein/kilos, 1,5gr of carb/kilos,

macros ON training : 120p, 90c, 90fat

off : 120p, 60c, 90fat

the cheat is some sushis, she drinks 3l of wate a day.

so what ? What the fukking fux

She struggle to eat the fat so she's even more on deficit than that !

You not seeing the wood from the trees here. No matter analysis you use, as  Ultrasonic noted if she is not losing a fat she is not in deficit. Your analysis is wrong

Fats in the macros are not just solid fats from an animal. They include cheese, milk, oil in food, seeds, nuts , eggs, avocado, fish  etc and so on  

These TDEE levels are just starting guides and its a number that will fluctuate daily depending on many factors. Counting calories exactly is a bit difficult. Its easy to be out a 100 or two either way (e.g. alcohol)

No need to over analyse, reduce calories further

Ultrasonic likes this

9 minutes ago, JohhnyC said:

You not seeing the wood from the trees here. No matter analysis you use, as  Ultrasonic noted if she is not losing a fat she is not in deficit. Your analysis is wrong

Fats in the macros are not just solid fats from an animal. They include cheese, milk, oil in food, seeds, nuts , eggs, avocado, fish  etc and so on  

These TDEE levels are just starting guides and its a number that will fluctuate daily depending on many factors. Counting calories exactly is a bit difficult. Its easy to be out a 100 or two either way (e.g. alcohol)

No need to over analyse, reduce calories further

Man, im pretty sure she takes 20% of the fat she had too so I'll not adviser her to lowering her calories intake while shes probably at 1200kcal/day maybe less

She needs to drop cals by 100 and see what happens then, calculators are ok but maintenence is a wider range in some (imo obviously) so need a bigger drop to be in deficit

id also drop the fats to 50 and you'll see weight fall off, 25-30% of cals from fats is plenty so for 1600 and 25% 400 cals divided by 9 = 45g ish is plenty (that's maybe why she's struggling to eat fats when half her calories come from them!!)

45 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

If she is not losing fat she is not in a deficit. This is essentially the definition.

44 minutes ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

She is eating when you are sleeping mate

There is a plethora of reasons why a person can actually be in deficit and still not lose weight, especially for women.  She could have a thyroid problem, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, a gluten allergy, or a whole list of other minor complications that have no obvious symptoms that can lead to problems with weight gain/loss.  After getting a basic checkup for any of these complications, you can research an HCG diet.  I have recommended this to numerous clients when I was training and my GF has done it a few times.  The most useful website I found was hcgchica.com  The woman provides the diet info that is based on 50 years of research and also links to obtain the hcg, insulin pins, and bacteriostatic water.  I've personally seen girls lose 20-30 lbs in 6 weeks, if the strict diet is followed perfectly.

2 minutes ago, PanamaPower said:

There is a plethora of reasons why a person can actually be in deficit and still not lose weight, especially for women.  She could have a thyroid problem, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, a gluten allergy, or a whole list of other minor complications that have no obvious symptoms that can lead to problems with weight gain/loss.  After getting a basic checkup for any of these complications, you can research an HCG diet.  I have recommended this to numerous clients when I was training and my GF has done it a few times.  The most useful website I found was hcgchica.com  The woman provides the diet info that is based on 50 years of research and also links to obtain the hcg, insulin pins, and bacteriostatic water.  I've personally seen girls lose 20 lbs in 6 weeks, if the strict diet is followed perfectly.

If someone eats fewer calories than they use then the energy has to come from somewhere within the body. Yes there are conditions that make fat loss difficult but they don't change this fact. (Note I said fat not weight above BTW.)

In the first instance I'd be looking at the more obvious causes of the issue personally, before paying for tests.

monkeybiker likes this

6 minutes ago, PanamaPower said:

There is a plethora of reasons why a person can actually be in deficit and still not lose weight, especially for women.  She could have a thyroid problem, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, a gluten allergy, or a whole list of other minor complications that have no obvious symptoms that can lead to problems with weight gain/loss.  After getting a basic checkup for any of these complications, you can research an HCG diet.  I have recommended this to numerous clients when I was training and my GF has done it a few times.  The most useful website I found was hcgchica.com  The woman provides the diet info that is based on 50 years of research and also links to obtain the hcg, insulin pins, and bacteriostatic water.  I've personally seen girls lose 20 lbs in 6 weeks, if the strict diet is followed perfectly.

Just read about hcgdiet, i didnt know that kind of diet, but 500kcal a day ? ho to train with that s**t ?

8 minutes ago, supertesty said:

Man, im pretty sure she takes 20% of the fat she had too so I'll not adviser her to lowering her calories intake while shes probably at 1200kcal/day maybe less

So she's not sticking to that bit of the diet??

as I say why does she get 50% of cals from fats? She'll be happier eating 1200 cals with less fats and more carbs anyway :) 

supertesty likes this

Just now, superdrol said:

So she's not sticking to that bit of the diet??

as I say why does she get 50% of cals from fats? She'll be happier eating 1200 cals with less fats and more carbs anyway :) 

Last time, I advised her to just dont take fats, and going to sushi, she just took 4 sushis (40g of carbs), the next day : 1lbs more on the scale

5 minutes ago, supertesty said:

Last time, I advised her to just dont take fats, and going to sushi, she just took 4 sushis (40g of carbs), the next day : 1lbs more on the scale

Ignore sushi, drop calories to 1300 for 2 weeks, one day can be water weight from salt in sushi, loads of environmental stuff, drop calories, up carbs, drop fats by half and see what happens, I predict she'll lose weight ;) 

11 minutes ago, supertesty said:

Unless she is 4'6" and 40kg she is not consistently eating 1200cals a day and still not losing weight. You are definitely counting incorrectly

Water retention is a possibility as is medicine (bloat) but the laws of nature will dictate. People analyse this stuff to death. Do you think they are macro counting and calorie counting the people in North Korean concentration camps. They manage to lose weight just fine  ;)

Have you assume the possibility that she eating elsewhere and just not telling you? 

supertesty likes this

Just now, JohhnyC said:

Unless she is 4'6" and 40kg she is not consistently eating 1200cals a day and still not losing weight. You are definitely counting incorrectly

Water retention is a possibility as is medicine (bloat) but the laws of nature will dictate. People analyse this stuff to death. Do you think they are macro counting and calorie counting the people in North Korean concentration camps. They manage to lose weight just fine  ;)

Have you assume the possibility that she eating elsewhere and just not telling you? 

Impossible mate, we just pass the last week 24/7 together ROFL and she's pretty motivated, I saw her face getting leaner

1 minute ago, supertesty said:

Impossible mate, we just pass the last week 24/7 together ROFL and she's pretty motivated, I saw her face getting leaner

Reminds me of my ex, she used to go to weight watchers meetings and she told me that all fatties would lie their ass off to the organiser, saying they ate little all week, when she saw a few of them regularly in pizza express shovelling food into their faces :lol:

monkeybiker, Eddias and Quackerz like this

4 minutes ago, JohhnyC said:

Reminds me of my ex, she used to go to weight watchers meetings and she told me that all fatties would lie their ass off to the organiser, saying they ate little all week, when she saw a few of them regularly in pizza express shovelling food into their faces :lol:

sounds like my Wife, will moan she is not losing weight even though she is "dieting" then sneak is the Kitchen for a choccy biscuit

Lifesizepenguin and Sasnak like this

1 minute ago, Eddias said:

sounds like my Wife, will moan she is not losing weight even though she is "dieting" then sneak is the Kitchen for a choccy biscuit

that's what I mean about counting cals above, its easy to miss out on a few things. Ex would drink JD and diet coke: zero fats, zero protein, zero carbs but 70 cals. Easy for a women to put 4 or 5 of them away given a measure is so small (35ml). You have taken an extra 350 cals without thinking

anabolik and Eddias like this