thewrongadvices

From first contest to blow up

22 posts in this topic

Hi all, starting a log to bring you all up to speed with what I am doing.

Currently two weeks out from a first timers contest. Obviously, never having done a show before it has been a voyage of discovery, cutting down more than before and still some work to do before I'm on stage. The pics were at 3.5 weeks out. Overall goal is to have a fun time competing, learn as much as I can, but try and bring the best that I can on the day.

Brief rundown of what hormones (all MTS) and diet have been in play.

At 12 weeks out, started cutting on stuff that is easy on my body, saving the harsher stuff for last 6 weeks. Deca/npp blend 450mg, mast e 200mg, and dbol 30mg ed. Diet was high protein, mod-low carb cycling, mod fat. Cardio after workout 4 days a week.

At 4 weeks out switched to tren ace, mast p, test p, all at 50mg ed. Lowered fats and raised carbs, still cycling on feel. Was lean enough at this point that water from moderate carbs not an issue.

At 3 weeks out started morning fasted cardio everyday, with 40mcg clen and 15mg yohimbine. Changes are really happening on this.

At 2 weeks out, just dropped the test p, added 50mg anadrol and 50mg winstrol orals (tren and mast still there). This is what I plan to go into the show with unless I feel the need to make changes.

Will keep updating on contest prep and show pics, but ultimately this log will be about my post contest blow up. The best time to make gains is from a lean as possible place. I'll be using a simple recipe around mts test, but thinking what else to use alongside. I respond well to deca, dbol, most stuff really.

All input and ideas welcome, for both prep and blow up!

_20170409_131849.JPG

_20170409_132005.JPG

_20170409_132225.JPG

Tricky likes this

What comp is it bodybuilding or physique? Seems like you've a lot to do before ready to step on stage! 

All the best buddy what sort of kcals are you on now and what's your training workouts and cardio look like

First timers bodybuilding comp. I know even at 3 weeks out I had work to do, but I've been improving.

Last week and this week I am off work so have been doing 40 minutes fasted cardio every morning. Weights split is sat/back, sun/chest, Mon/shoulders, Tues/abs, weds/arms, Thurs/legs, Fri/abs.

Diet 250p, 50f, carbs cycling 60-200.

Attached pic was this morning.

_20170418_111103.JPG

Tricky likes this

3 hours ago, thewrongadvices said:

First timers bodybuilding comp. I know even at 3 weeks out I had work to do, but I've been improving.

Last week and this week I am off work so have been doing 40 minutes fasted cardio every morning. Weights split is sat/back, sun/chest, Mon/shoulders, Tues/abs, weds/arms, Thurs/legs, Fri/abs.

Diet 250p, 50f, carbs cycling 60-200.

Attached pic was this morning.

_20170418_111103.JPG

Good luck! 

What height and weight are you? Do you have a coach or going solo? 

How many days do you have high, medium and low carbs? I'm new to dieting ect and think carb cycling is somthing I will need to use when my weight loss slows

thewrongadvices likes this

6', 81kg. I am small boned so I've never been super heavy. Back in January I was 89kg and not exactly fat. No coach, just doing it all myself, apart from a friend who competed last year giving me some guidance on the standard poses. Gear, training, nutrition all done myself.

My carb cycling was more structured when I started it. A high carb day on leg day, two low carb days on cardio only days, and medium the other four days a week. Last couple of weeks I've been more fluid and gone by feel, day to day.

5 minutes ago, thewrongadvices said:

8 days out.

_20170422_131629.JPG

All the best I'm sure the next week will be hell but your nearly there. Are you happy with your current condition 

7 hours ago, SlinMeister said:

No Anavar? Usually Anavar Winstrol is a staple...

Just stuck to compounds I am very familiar with this prep.

I did use anavar once a long time ago but don't know it well enough to want to go into a show on it. Winstrol and sdrol I know very well, so a safer bet for my conditioning.

I placed 6th, which I am happy with. Was quite a tough line up for first timers from what I've seen before.

Overall, happy with how I looked, and got an invite to novice finals in November, so will think about doing that.

Will post pics soon.

Tricky likes this