swole troll

Swole Troll's down but not out log

107 posts in this topic

As a sort of continuation of my pec tear recovery log

and whilst training is improving by the week in terms of what i can do i figured id start up a log (that and i like my dear diaries) 

so any of you kents that followed from the last log will know the score but for those that dont you can either see the above thread (all the info is in page one) or if you want it nutshelled i completely detachted my pec major on jan 4th and had it reattached on the 30th

i threw just about everything i could at it in terms of recovery techniques, supplements and compounds and as a result i hit my first empty bench just 10 weeks post op after being told i wouldnt be able to even attempt a wall push up until 6 months post op 

so all in all it was a success but im far from out the woods and in fact only yesterday i did some deadlifts and my scar has flared up a deep red so i think i may have torn some of the deeper down skin from the incision, the pec is fine which is the main thing but ive had to rule out deadlifts for a bit

that aside

pre injury best numbers were 

Squat 240kg
Bench 160kg
Deadlift 240kg
OHP 110kg 
Incline 140kg 

and after 3 ish months of horrifically poor and infrequent training due to the recovery im now struggling to pull 160kg for more than a triple 

so that's what this log going to be about, me rebuilding my numbers

gear

test 1.2g
boldenone 500mg

NPP 600mg 
mod grf and ghrp 2 100mcg x3 per day 
GH 4 iu pre training 
humalog 10iu one hour after post workout meal
MGF pinned 500mcg into my recovering pec

(started this 2 weeks back, the boldenone will only be for 2-3 more weeks as i was just finishing up what i didnt use during my recovery) 

training split 

Monday:

Squat 3x8
Seated Leg Curl 3x12
Behind The Neck Press 1x20 (rest pause)
Barbell Incline Bench Press 1x20 
Barbell Row 3x8
Cable V Bar Pull Down 3x8
Dumbbell Curl 1x20 (rest pause)
Cable Rope Tri Extensions 1x20 (rest pause)
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 1x20 (rest pause)
Machine Rear Delt Flyes 1x20 (rest pause)

Wednesday:

Barbell Deadlift 1x5
Block Pulls 2x8 (using same weight as deadlifts)
Squat 3x12
T Bar Row 3x12
Cable Seated Low Row 3x12

Friday:

SAME AS MONDAY

here's some deadlifts from the other day

feels weird to be setting up and approaching the bar like its a warm up and then realizing its much heavier than it use to feel

I'm about 70kg off on my deadlift right now, squat is down about 80kg and my bench lol... well its f**ked.

but with muscle memory on my side and a nice dose of gear i feel i should be able to sky rocket some of my numbers back up (i really hope) and if nothing else pack some of my size back on as ive lost a lot 

here's a collage of some pics of me over last few years for those new to my logs 

rhU8mwO.jpg

and then here's a comparison picture of me when i was in decent nick to about a month or so after i tore my pec (pic on the right is from about 6ish weeks ago) 

UowvoFW.jpg

and then finally took these today after being back in the gym for 2 weeks 

wnzGH1V.png

so im a long way off but the positives i will focus on is my back has always been s**t and this gives me a good opportunity to REALLY focus on it 

I'd say the same for legs but theyve always been a strong point for me

chest is obviously now pure s**t and will remain that way for quite some time i imagine but anyway, lets see what happens 

food wise 3000kcal, lean bulk, ill get some pics up of some food if i remember to 

workouts with the odd video and physique updates throughout 

log will follow the usual pattern, excessively long posts, lots of complaining about aches and pains and likely a hospital visit at some point

cheers guys 

hopefully be a bit more eventful than the last log where my strength and physique just turned to s**t over the course of it

i think provided this MGF fixes up the discomfort in my pec that was brought on by wednesday's deads i'll be able to make some decent progress in more than just my legs

EDIT - just realized havnt even mentioned that yet, i've got 4mg of mechano growth factor arriving today, going to pop 500mcg of that into my left pec near the tendon 

only a weeks worth but ive heard from people using this stuff that they felt noticeable improvements in muscle pulls and strains after just a few days of localized shots 

even blaha had some positive results from the stuff back when he was in the UK and hadnt lost his mind

11 hours ago, swole troll said:

As a sort of continuation of my pec tear recovery log

and whilst training is improving by the week in terms of what i can do i figured id start up a log (that and i like my dear diaries) 

so any of you kents that followed from the last log will know the score but for those that dont you can either see the above thread (all the info is in page one) or if you want it nutshelled i completely detachted my pec major on jan 4th and had it reattached on the 30th

i threw just about everything i could at it in terms of recovery techniques, supplements and compounds and as a result i hit my first empty bench just 10 weeks post op after being told i wouldnt be able to even attempt a wall push up until 6 months post op 

so all in all it was a success but im far from out the woods and in fact only yesterday i did some deadlifts and my scar has flared up a deep red so i think i may have torn some of the deeper down skin from the incision, the pec is fine which is the main thing but ive had to rule out deadlifts for a bit

that aside

pre injury best numbers were 

Squat 240kg
Bench 160kg
Deadlift 240kg
OHP 110kg 
Incline 140kg 

and after 3 ish months of horrifically poor and infrequent training due to the recovery im now struggling to pull 160kg for more than a triple so that's what this log going to be about, me rebuilding my numbers
gear

test 1.2g
boldenone 500mg

NPP 600mg 
GH 4 iu pre training 

(started this 2 weeks back, the boldenone will only be for 2-3 more weeks as i was just finishing up what i didnt use during my recovery) 

training split 

Monday:

Squat 3x8
Seated Leg Curl 3x12
Barbell Row 3x8
Cable V Bar Pull Down 3x8

Wednesday:

Barbell Deadlift 1x5
Block Pulls 2x8 (using same weight as deadlifts)
Squat 3x12
T Bar Row 3x12
Cable Seated Low Row 3x12

Friday:

SAME AS MONDAY

here's some deadlifts from the other day

feels weird to be setting up and approaching the bar like its a warm up and then realizing its much heavier than it use to feel

I'm about 70kg off on my deadlift right now, squat is down about 80kg and my bench lol... well its f**ked.
but with muscle memory on my side and a nice dose of gear i feel i should be able to sky rocket some of my numbers back up (i really hope) and if nothing else pack some of my size back on as ive lost a lot 
here's a collage of some pics of me over last few years for those new to my logs and then here's a comparison picture of me when i was in decent nick to about a month or so after i tore my pec (pic on the right is from about 6ish weeks ago) and then finally took these today after being back in the gym for 2 weeks so im a long way off but the positives i will focus on is my back has always been s**t and this gives me a good opportunity to REALLY focus on it 

I'd say the same for legs but theyve always been a strong point for me
chest is obviously now pure s**t and will remain that way for quite some time i imagine but anyway, lets see what happens 
food wise 3000kcal, lean bulk, ill get some pics up of some food if i remember to 
workouts with the odd video and physique updates throughout 
log will follow the usual pattern, excessively long posts, lots of complaining about aches and pains and likely a hospital visit at some point

Will you be willing to reconsider some of what you have written above, or is your mind strictly made up and won't accept any possible alteration/modification to the above?

You want to gain strength, is that your ultimate aim here? If so, there isn't a problem with that, as the issue lies with the speed of your strength gaining. The quicker you gain, the quicker you will lose your strength. Alternatively, strength that is gained slowly  (relatively speaking), will be lost slowly.

I think you know exactly where I'm going with this, as we both know that you're an intelligent man with plenty of experience under your belt. Therefore, we both also know that a higher concentration of test/steroids in your system, would greatly facilitate (and accelerate) the attainability of strength by your trained muscles..., that concerns me...particularly in your current state!

Why is that?

Because even though your tendons and ligaments / connective tissue are strength-trainable, their rate of response is much slower when compared with that of muscle tissue... (I'm sure this is not news to you). Therefore, if and when an increase  in muscle strength is too rapid (as will be in your case with the usage of steroids), the slower adapting connective and supportive tissues will be left behind in terms of their rate of adaptation. We all know (especially you now), of what could result because of this. Your muscles will be placed in a position of strength, one that far outweighs that of the associated connective tissues and structures. This will most definitely increase the likelihood of (yet another) injury.

So I write the above as a concerned mate and not as some Mr. Know-it all, and I would expect nothing less of you if I was in the same boat as I see you in now. The imbalance between muscles and supporting tissues will (or may) predispose you to an injury (yet again). I'm doing my best, in the best way I know how, to see to it that this won't ever happen to you again Sir. 

So with that, I ask you again. Will you be willing to change few (fundamental) things around, or is your mind made up?

I wish you all the very best.

In.

Why the high test, mate? With the atrophy won't you get a lot of muscle back quite quickly from, say, half that? (Especially while running 600mg NPP).

Just interested, not a criticism, per se! :)

test 1.2g
boldenone 500mg

NPP 600mg 
GH 4 iu pre training 

1 hour ago, Fadi65 said:

Will you be willing to reconsider some of what you have written above, or is your mind strictly made up and won't accept any possible alteration/modification to the above?

You want to gain strength, is that your ultimate aim here? If so, there isn't a problem with that, as the issue lies with the speed of your strength gaining. The quicker you gain, the quicker you will lose your strength. Alternatively, strength that is gained slowly  (relatively speaking), will be lost slowly.

I think you know exactly where I'm going with this, as we both know that you're an intelligent man with plenty of experience under your belt. Therefore, we both also know that a higher concentration of test/steroids in your system, would greatly facilitate (and accelerate) the attainability of strength by your trained muscles..., that concerns me...particularly in your current state!

Why is that?

Because even though your tendons and ligaments / connective tissue are strength-trainable, their rate of response is much slower when compared with that of muscle tissue... (I'm sure this is not news to you). Therefore, if and when an increase  in muscle strength is too rapid (as will be in your case with the usage of steroids), the slower adapting connective and supportive tissues will be left behind in terms of their rate of adaptation. We all know (especially you now), of what could result because of this. Your muscles will be placed in a position of strength, one that far outweighs that of the associated connective tissues and structures. This will most definitely increase the likelihood of (yet another) injury.

So I write the above as a concerned mate and not as some Mr. Know-it all, and I would expect nothing less of you if I was in the same boat as I see you in now. The imbalance between muscles and supporting tissues will (or may) predispose you to an injury (yet again). I'm doing my best, in the best way I know how, to see to it that this won't ever happen to you again Sir. 

So with that, I ask you again. Will you be willing to change few (fundamental) things around, or is your mind made up?

I wish you all the very best.

I'm always willing to consider advice

none of us know it all 

your post is quite lengthy even by my standards so forgive me if i fail to address any of the points you made. 

Firstly after 6 years of training under my belt which isnt a mammoth amount of time but enough to know how to listen to my body particularly where connective tissue is concerned 

and before anyone (this isnt aimed at you) chimes in on my previous injuries we will ALL have injuries and set backs in the pursuit of strength or any physical endeavor for that matter, its not a matter of if but rather a matter of when 

that said my approach is structured around my current 1RM's and built on lighter intensities bar the squat which hasnt suffered quite so bad given i was able to train my legs during my pec tear recovery so im able to hit that at a higher intensity

I'm not sure how much you know on the topic of pharmacology but if you look at my cycle im addressing the matter of connective tissue by running nandrolone and growth hormone, both of which enhance the rate at which collagen is synthesized 

this coupled with my knowledge of my body and knowing how to listen to it, when to deload, when to cycle intensity and rep ranges i am of full confidence i can take care of my joints whilst getting stronger at an accelerated rate.

you also showed concern about my pec rupture, i assume with the comment "particularly in your current state!" and to that i say what is your concern with the program above?

every exercise is selected based off of my knowledge of muscle physiology and also by 'testing the waters' on what caused discomfort for example the behind the neck press is in there to build my pressing strength whilst keeping the pecs out of the equation, this is also why i went with rest pause training as it keeps the weight light

I'd always go for a standard strict press over a BTNP but given as the weights get heavier there is a tendency to lean back a little to engage the upper pec i opted for the BTNP

the only change that needs addressing IMO which i have now tweaked is the deadlift which was causing discomfort in the reattachment so ive subbed them out for now and the incline press with a bar which ive now swapped for a PVC pipe just to keep the movement pattern ingrained.

all of this isnt fail safe by any means but im not on tender hooks, if you read through my recovery log youd see the steps i took based on the science (and some anecdote) id read to ensure my recovery was fast as possible without creating excessive scar tissue 

but again by all means chip in advice, its never wasted, ill read through it and consider what anyone has to say, im not saying ill implement it but i'll consider it for sure 

26 minutes ago, arbffgadm100 said:

In.

Why the high test, mate? With the atrophy won't you get a lot of muscle back quite quickly from, say, half that? (Especially while running 600mg NPP).

Just interested, not a criticism, per se! :)

i have bucket loads of it and nandrolone has a tendency to kill my libido regardless of dopamine agonist implementation or not (same with my oestrogen control, nandrolone kills my sex drive no matter what) 

plus test makes me feel good 

my blood work is sound and ive developed plenty of androgen receptors over the years 

probably is overkill but im due another hiatus later in the year anyway so im throwing the kitchen sink at reacquiring what was lost between now and the next surgery in august.

This isnt aimed at you but to anyone reading this; until you have a major set back like this that really knocks the piss out of you, you dont know what its like to come back small and weak

i was by no means anything special but look at the above pictures and numbers and youll see i fell a long way and its depressing for someone like me that is always pursuing a bigger total or higher, lean scale weight 

its difficult not to go full throttle when you are able to

Woke up, pinned 100mcg of each GHPR 2 and mod grf, 10 mins later had 4iu of GH and 10 minutes after that had 70g of serious mass

if youre new to my logs the reason for the weight gain is its EASY calories and i like to train first thing so chowing down oatmeal often doesnt sit well so quick 70g of serious mass, quick shite then out the door

i drink couple scoops of Rage pre workout on the way to the gym, its relatively low stim (around 370mg caff for 2 scoops) and then do a set of squats with the bar then a set of squats with the bar with my belt on

then onto the workout

Squats 140kg 3x8 these felt good, knees being a little pissy but nothing worth sweating over
Leg curl 63kg 3x12 using these to hit the other end of the hams (the insertion) that isnt so heavily hit by deads 
Behind the neck press 27.5kg 1x16 
Barbell rows 70kg 3x8 really slow and controlled, no low back movement
Close grip pulldowns 125kg 2x8 1x6 suppose to be 3x8 but lats werent having it
DB lateral raise 5kg 1x20 these were way too easy, didnt have to rest pause at all
Tri rope extension 32.5kg 1x20 again too easy so did a load of drop sets
curls 7.5 1x20 
Rear delt machine flyes 13.5kg 1x20 then a drop set

Done

sank 45g of protein then drove home

60 mins after the post workout shake i pinned 10iu of humalog and had a shake consisting of 500ml apple juice, 5g creatine and 5g BCAA 

going to wait 45 minutes then have a bagel and some protein sludge with dates.

all in all a decent sesh, managed to (badly) film the set of behind the neck press despite it being the weakest exercise of the day but f**k it, feel i gots to give you guys something to fap to so here it is

apologies for the dreadful angle and horrendous condition of the person lifting it but all this will improve 

I'll be back benching that 140kg for 4 that tore my pec in no time.

Have a good easter weekend and be sure to eat enough chocolate to get pancreas pumps on monday when ill update you with the next workout and hopefully some better footage of some better lifting 

14 minutes ago, swole troll said:

i have bucket loads of it and nandrolone has a tendency to kill my libido regardless of dopamine agonist implementation or not (same with my oestrogen control, nandrolone kills my sex drive no matter what) 

plus test makes me feel good 

my blood work is sound and ive developed plenty of androgen receptors over the years 

probably is overkill but im due another hiatus later in the year anyway so im throwing the kitchen sink at reacquiring what was lost between now and the next surgery in august.

This isnt aimed at you but to anyone reading this; until you have a major set back like this that really knocks the piss out of you, you dont know what its like to come back small and weak

i was by no means anything special but look at the above pictures and numbers and youll see i fell a long way and its depressing for someone like me that is always pursuing a bigger total or higher, lean scale weight 

its difficult not to go full throttle when you are able to

Loud and clear, buddy.

I've just have had a month off BJJ because of a circumcision necessary after smashing her in a bit too robustly (sorry, too much info.. I know!!) and its fu**ing destroying me. I've had to unfollow people on FB and everything as I can't bear to see all the competition pics, videos and training banter. I missed the Rome open nd the Euros nogi because of it!!

So.... I really do feel for you having to go through what you are, even if I can't imagine what its actually like.

Cheers

swole troll likes this

this is what i have an hour after my shot of slin, perfect for the second peak 

its about 70 carbs and 65 protein 

OhoouuV.jpg

then 60 minutes after that meal its usually some sweet potato and tuna with sweet chilli sauce then once im covered for carbs i blast myself with a SCOLDING hot bath with a combo of these 2

6wVxxCF.jpg

do the salts and 'muscle soak' make a great deal of difference in terms of recovery? probably not but it costs fa and helps me relax 

the water needs to be lobster hot, think about trying to soft boil your balls and thats about where you want it 

its tough getting in and once youre settled you may find your breathing becomes a bit hampered as your blood pressure lowers so try keep an eye on that but if you can safely manage 20 mins youll get out and profusely sweat, once that's over it feels like youve had a bit of valium

Lifesizepenguin likes this

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

I'm not sure how much you know on the topic of pharmacology but if you look at my cycle im addressing the matter of connective tissue by running nandrolone and growth hormone, both of which enhance the rate at which collagen is synthesized 

OK thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

You've mentioned two hormones that offer something positive in the way of connective tissue regeneration, and that's great. Why not focus on the hormones that serve your purpose at this point in time, instead of adding a hormone like testosterone (granted it makes you feel good as you say), but it also serves to greatly enhance your muscle strength attainability.

I did see the nandrolone and the GH for sure, and I'm with you on that. I'm just thinking of prioritising at this stage, and prioritising in where it matters most: your connective tissue. To add to the two aforementioned drugs, have you considered including the two amino acids glycine and proline for the formation of collagen, leading to (and naturally assisting the two drugs mentioned) in promoting the growth and function of your joints, tendons, and ligaments?

If you're taking the test for the libido hit that some get from the nandrolone, that's fine. However you may need to reconsider the dosage in order to favour connective tissue repair and build up, over muscle tissue strength acceleration, which would ultimately throw your plan out of balance, leading to some fertile grounds in potentiating yet a similar injury to the one you're aiming to recover from right now. 

As far as everyone getting an injury and it's not a matter of if but when, I 100% agree with you. However injuries come in different degrees, and the thrust of my message to you throughout these two posts of mine, is to have you reflect some more and perhaps re-evaluate your current position and where you want to see yourself in the future.

I'd rather see you take a step back right now (and get all your priorities in order), instead of taking two steps forward when you're not 100% ready for it. In other words, I want to see you go forward (it goes without saying), but only when its a win-win in your favour mate.

8 minutes ago, Fadi65 said:

You've mentioned two hormones that offer something positive in the way of connective tissue regeneration, and that's great. Why not focus on the hormones that serve your purpose at this point in time, instead of adding a hormone like testosterone (granted it makes you feel good as you say), but it also serves to greatly enhance your muscle strength attainability.

I did see the nandrolone and the GH for sure, and I'm with you on that. I'm just thinking of prioritising at this stage, and prioritising in where it matters most: your connective tissue. To add to the two aforementioned drugs, have you considered including the two amino acids glycine and proline for the formation of collagen, leading to (and naturally assisting the two drugs mentioned) in promoting the growth and function of your joints, tendons, and ligaments?

If you're taking the test for the libido hit that some get from the nandrolone, that's fine. However you may need to reconsider the dosage in order to favour connective tissue repair and build up, over muscle tissue strength acceleration, which would ultimately throw your plan out of balance, leading to some fertile grounds in potentiating yet a similar injury to the one you're aiming to recover from right now. 

As far as everyone getting an injury and it's not a matter of if but when, I 100% agree with you. However injuries come in different degrees, and the thrust of my message to you throughout these two posts of mine, is to have you reflect some more and perhaps re-evaluate your current position and where you want to see yourself in the future.

I'd rather see you take a step back right now (and get all your priorities in order), instead of taking two steps forward when you're not 100% ready for it. In other words, I want to see you go forward (it goes without saying), but only when its a win-win in your favour mate.

inbe4

@swole troll

793.gif

16 minutes ago, Starz said:

inbe4

@swole troll

793.gif

I had to Google your contribution to the discussion: "inbe4", and it says... mentioned before. If so, what has been mentioned before? 

13 minutes ago, Fadi65 said:

ill look into those two supplements however i didnt stumble upon them during my time off work when i initially tore my pec and had all the time in the world to research anything and everything that may aid in the production of collagen 

the top supplements i found were:

Growth hormone
BPC 157
Vitamin C
and Cissus quadrangularis 

i think you are some what tarring me as a noob by your continual suggestion that any strength boost i get i will just mindlessly pound away at the weights at maximum intensity with no consideration to my connective tissue 

I do appreciate your concern however i disagree, in 6 years of training i never had a major injury until i ruptured my pec, all the mistakes i made prior to that pec tear are now ingrained into my mind and i would say the chances of me rupturing another muscle outside of competition are greatly reduced by this first hand knowledge and reflection on the event and what led up to it. 

If you dont continue to follow this log i will tag you IF i rupture something else, the pec doesnt count as that is only going to rupture if i train it too early, rather than with too high an intensity as i have no intention of hitting my chest with anything more than EXTREMELY light pump work any time soon

im otherwise fit and healthy 

ill be first to admit 1.2g is overkill for how far ive regressed however for someone with additional AR as is the case in those that have been on high dose of hormones for any extended period of time i will be able to utilize a lot more than your average joe

these additionally formed androgen receptors hang around for a LONG time, this is why a lot of federations will life time ban those that have used PED's at any point in their life, despite their current status

if you are still unsure as to why i selected a higher dosing refer back to the post where i quoted arbffgadm100

otherwise be sure to hang around and witness me 

kqCnspH.jpg

Lifesizepenguin and Quackerz like this