Dark_Ansem

Water fasting, IF or calorie deficit to keep metabolism high?

24 posts in this topic

I've been doing some research, but I believe it's worth to ask here.

What is best to keep your BMR high? Water fasting, IF (16:8) or calorie deficit?

I can't see how any of them would keep BMR high?

Adding considerable muscle mass is the best 'natural' way of doing it (e.g not using thermogenics)

1 minute ago, ah24 said:

I can't see how any of them would keep BMR high?

Adding considerable muscle mass is the best 'natural' way of doing it (e.g not using thermogenics)

BMR = basal metabolic rate 

What you say is true, However, muscle mass increases BMR. I'm wondering which one of the 3 keeps it high, rather than causing it to crash like pretty much every low-calorie diet does.

As above, I don't think any will do what you want.

A calorie deficit will only reduce it. Never heard of water fasting but it sounds dumb. IF I doubt will do anything significant compared with the same food distributed across a normal diet.

ah24 likes this

8 minutes ago, Dark_Ansem said:

BMR = basal metabolic rate 

What you say is true, However, muscle mass increases BMR. I'm wondering which one of the 3 keeps it high, rather than causing it to crash like pretty much every low-calorie diet does.

I know what BMR is.. and I know what you're asking. 

What I'm saying is - none of the three will 'keep it high'. 

superdrol and Ultrasonic like this

31 minutes ago, ah24 said:

I know what BMR is.. and I know what you're asking. 

What I'm saying is - none of the three will 'keep it high'. 

It is bound to fall no matter what?

Just now, TinTin10 said:

no no mate.....Water fast diet will actually rocket your BMR.......chuck in some celery for protein and youre G2G

This sarcasm is completely lost.

Just now, Dark_Ansem said:

This sarcasm is completely lost.

Look mate......Arnie drank over 3 pints of water a day........take his advices

ah24 likes this

8 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

I'm natty and so wouldn't use either, but T3 is a much less extreme option that DNP I think... @I'mNotAPervert! knows far more about this than me though.

By "nat" I only meant "with no external influence". Water fasting is drastic enough. @I'mNotAPervert! made an excellent case for T3 however. 

2 minutes ago, Dark_Ansem said:

By "nat" I only meant "with no external influence". Water fasting is drastic enough. @I'mNotAPervert! made an excellent case for T3 however. 

I know what natty means - my point was that DNP violently (and potentially dangerously) goes against this!

Just now, Ultrasonic said:

I know what natty means - my point was that DNP violently (and potentially dangerously) goes against this!

Hence why I dropped it. It's unfeasible when I work anyway.

Ultrasonic likes this

1 hour ago, Dark_Ansem said:

3 hours ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

T3 will keep you nat. You are lost tbh

Well I wouldn't want to be using T3 without AAS unless you don't mind losing muscle, let's just get that clear. I also don't think there are many people who would class you as natty when you've abused thyroid hormones to achieve your current physique :lol:

I'm not really concerned about being classified, it was most for benchmarking purposes. I haven't done anything yet. 

9 hours ago, I'mNotAPervert! said:

Well I wouldn't want to be using T3 without AAS unless you don't mind losing muscle, let's just get that clear. I also don't think there are many people who would class you as natty when you've abused thyroid hormones to achieve your current physique :lol:

I am not among those :D. Anyways, my point was not insisting on using it. Intended for something else.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor