swole troll

Post your best lifts

349 posts in this topic

Just now, Endomorph84 said:

I remember failing a 40kg bench when I first started. I had to roll the bar off me, felt like I was trapped for hours lol.

At least were all big enough to admit it!

When I got strong enough to bench the 20kg dumbells I felt well bad ass. Heaviest dumbells the leisure centre had:D

karbonk and Endomorph84 like this

43 minutes ago, Essex666 said:

Boy do I remember those days... struggling to bar bench a set of 10!!! LOL 

39 minutes ago, karbonk said:

I was struggling with 20kg bar and 20kg each side about 2 years ago, now my 1rm is 175kg. 

I used to struggle with 30kg on a smith machine. :lol: Started benching with the same weight also. I think everyone has been there for the most part though. 

First time I deadlifted I almost passed out lifting 40kg. lol Painful memories. 

karbonk likes this

7 hours ago, Essex666 said:

1x200kg DL

5x105kg Bench

Not great... but compared to a year ago... 

Great lift man - great getting the big 200. Ps I added you on ig I'm the jackal 

Essex666 likes this

5 hours ago, NWWWFC said:

Ah okay was never aware of this. I knew it didnt have to be a lengthy pause rep like you would do in bodybuilding style training, but I still thought there had to be a certain time of pause there.

Thanks for clearing that up, feel more comfortable with the lift I did yesterday now haha!

Yeh the bar just has to come to a steady halt you could be paused for ages on the chest but if the bar is wobbly you won't get the press comments also depending on the federation you lift in there us a start command before you can bring the bar down

karbonk, NWWWFC and RS86 like this

7 hours ago, Essex666 said:

1x200kg DL

5x105kg Bench

Not great... but compared to a year ago... 

I'm not gonna give deadlift advice to anyone as I suck at deadlift but with your bench your set up needs work you have zero stability on that bench and cutting yourself short as a result. 

So I can see you are attempting to arch but you're going the wrong way about it you seem to be arching up as the bar is on the decent you the arch needs to be locked in for the entire movement and needs to come mainly from the upper back and hips.

Your arse is coming of the bench and your moving all over the place you're losing alot of power because of this and this is most likely due to the position of your feet and knees, when you drive with your legs and your knees are above your hips your arse will leave the bench you need to position your feet in a place that best allows your knees to be below your hips your feet can be what ever works best for you I bench on my toes and that works best for me but we're all built different find what's best for you,

Once you find your ideal position remember to keep everything tight there's not a muscle in my body that isn't flexed when I bench people have laughed when I tell them to squeeze the glutes on the bench until they try it and see how it makes a huge difference. Also focus on pulling the bar down and storing tension into the muscles of the upper back.

5 minutes ago, karbonk said:

Some recent playing around in the house... Nothing serious, just a bit of fun. 

A very Shaky 260kg. 

Deadlifting in your front room?!

Mate, that's next level!!

Solid lift too. 

karbonk likes this

5 minutes ago, Endomorph84 said:

Deadlifting in your front room?!

Mate, that's next level!!

Solid lift too. 

Thanks but not even off the starting blocks yet!! 

9 minutes ago, karbonk said:

Some recent playing around in the house... Nothing serious, just a bit of fun. 

A very Shaky 260kg. 

Strong pullling mate

My lass would have a fit if i started doing that in the living room lol

karbonk likes this

19 minutes ago, Stephen9069 said:

Strong pullling mate

My lass would have a fit if i started doing that in the living room lol

Probably the reason I am Single.... haha 

3 minutes ago, Stephen9069 said:

well then that makes it a proper man cave lol

It is getting very Silly TBH and tonight I had my first real accident, I was deficit deadlifting lifting standing on 20kg plates, I fell forward into the TV unit and took a bar width chunk out of the unit, not to mention dropping the weights on the floor, this has made me think twice and I am going to join yet another gym asap. 

Stephen9069 and RS86 like this

31 minutes ago, karbonk said:

It is getting very Silly TBH and tonight I had my first real accident, I was deficit deadlifting lifting standing on 20kg plates, I fell forward into the TV unit and took a bar width chunk out of the unit, not to mention dropping the weights on the floor, this has made me think twice and I am going to join yet another gym asap. 

Tower block deadlift disaster! 200kg barbell and fat man fall through ceiling leading to death of couch potatoes watching jeremy klye below 

NWWWFC and karbonk like this

2 hours ago, Jakemaguire said:

I'm not gonna give deadlift advice to anyone as I suck at deadlift but with your bench your set up needs work you have zero stability on that bench and cutting yourself short as a result. 

So I can see you are attempting to arch but you're going the wrong way about it you seem to be arching up as the bar is on the decent you the arch needs to be locked in for the entire movement and needs to come mainly from the upper back and hips.

Your arse is coming of the bench and your moving all over the place you're losing alot of power because of this and this is most likely due to the position of your feet and knees, when you drive with your legs and your knees are above your hips your arse will leave the bench you need to position your feet in a place that best allows your knees to be below your hips your feet can be what ever works best for you I bench on my toes and that works best for me but we're all built different find what's best for you,

Once you find your ideal position remember to keep everything tight there's not a muscle in my body that isn't flexed when I bench people have laughed when I tell them to squeeze the glutes on the bench until they try it and see how it makes a huge difference. Also focus on pulling the bar down and storing tension into the muscles of the upper back.

Thanks for the crit bro, I will need to read a good 2 or 3 times over this tomorrow lol.

In theory I know exactly whatI need to do, its just practice practice practice man, especially when going for a heavy set, form seems to suffer considerably.

I'll most certainly focus on my BP form as I feel I have the most to improve on with that.

I will upload a squat video in a few days for critique✌

2 minutes ago, Essex666 said:

Thanks for the crit bro, I will need to read a good 2 or 3 times over this tomorrow lol.

In theory I know exactly whatI need to do, its just practice practice practice man, especially when going for a heavy set, form seems to suffer considerably.

I'll most certainly focus on my BP form as I feel I have the most to improve on with that.

I will upload a squat video in a few days for critique✌

I recommend dave tates so you think you can bench series on you tube I don't agree with his ideas about pressing the bar in a straight line although I think he changed his mind on that one but the way he demos the set up is solid 

Essex666, karbonk and RS86 like this

10 hours ago, Jakemaguire said:

I don't agree with his ideas about pressing the bar in a straight line although I think he changed his mind on that one 

Have to agree with you there @Jakemaguire Benching in a straight line is not the best, Bill Kaz, found a clever way of Benching some 30+ years ago, he said that benching in a straight line was the most inefficient way possible, ie- Straight down and straight up. Bill said the idea is to trick the weight, lower the weight down and away from you, so that the bar is travelling at an angle away from the vertical line, he stated that this allowed you to recruit the shoulder muscles and forearms and tuck the arms in nice and compact, then on the lift your effectively lifting the weight up a ramp like at a loading platform, it took me a bit of getting used to this idea but I am satisfied it is the best method. 

See this link GOTO 10mins in and listen very carefully, this is a hidden treasure amongst older videos. >> 

Jakemaguire, monkeybiker and RS86 like this

2 hours ago, karbonk said:

Have to agree with you there @Jakemaguire Benching in a straight line is not the best, Bill Kaz, found a clever way of Benching some 30+ years ago, he said that benching in a straight line was the most inefficient way possible, ie- Straight down and straight up. Bill said the idea is to trick the weight, lower the weight down and away from you, so that the bar is travelling at an angle away from the vertical line, he stated that this allowed you to recruit the shoulder muscles and forearms and tuck the arms in nice and compact, then on the lift your effectively lifting the weight up a ramp like at a loading platform, it took me a bit of getting used to this idea but I am satisfied it is the best method. 

See this link GOTO 10mins in and listen very carefully, this is a hidden treasure amongst older videos. >> 

Yes if you take a look at my bench that's exactly how I press I flare my elbows under the weight 

karbonk likes this

4 hours ago, Jakemaguire said:

Yes if you take a look at my bench that's exactly how I press I flare my elbows under the weight 

Your Technique @Jakemaguire is by far the most advanced I have ever seen on this forum, quite amazing tbh, you should post up a recent clip to remind folks of how you BP and get set up etc,