gymfreak2010

Insulin (who's used ?)

16 posts in this topic

Want to hear from those who have experience using slin.

After reading logs/protocols & speaking with others that have used insulin. I'm getting so many different answers on how it's used.

What was your protocol ?

I've dabbled with 10IU pre workout for a bit and then 10IU post workout (individually, not both at once). 

I think the main thing to do is fit your diet around the insulin rather than adding an extra dextrose shake ON TOP OF your current bulking diet, if you do that you're just asking to gain fat. 

The chances of going hypo seem overblown online IME, 10g carbs per unit of insulin is usually recommended but I've used far less and never felt any signs of hypo. Obviously it can vary from person to person, I must just be fairly resistant to it. 

Typical pre workout protocol would be something like:

- Inject 5-10 units fast acting insulin

- Take in 10g fast acting carbs with creatine, glutamine, BCAA and a bit of protein 

- Sip half pre work out and half during training

- Regular meal shortly after training with carbs and protein 

I've probably missed something out because I'm out and on the go but that's the basic jist of it. 

I used 300iu over 4 weeks or so, shot at varying times.  I went hypo a couple of times when hitting 8iu plus, but thats because I was working the slin around my diet, rather than my diet around the slin, so it can be a bit hit or miss trying to guess how much slin and when.

I had slight increase in fullness while using, but no real gains at all (was on a cruise at the time).

28 minutes ago, DLTBB said:

I've dabbled with 10IU pre workout for a bit and then 10IU post workout (individually, not both at once). 

I think the main thing to do is fit your diet around the insulin rather than adding an extra dextrose shake ON TOP OF your current bulking diet, if you do that you're just asking to gain fat. 

The chances of going hypo seem overblown online IME, 10g carbs per unit of insulin is usually recommended but I've used far less and never felt any signs of hypo. Obviously it can vary from person to person, I must just be fairly resistant to it. 

Typical pre workout protocol would be something like:

- Inject 5-10 units fast acting insulin

- Take in 10g fast acting carbs with creatine, glutamine, BCAA and a bit of protein 

- Sip half pre work out and half during training

- Regular meal shortly after training with carbs and protein 

I've probably missed something out because I'm out and on the go but that's the basic jist of it. 

cheers for your reply bud,

Not sure I like the idea of pre WO tbh. 

Think I'm going down the route of 1-2 IU with 2-3 meals per day & possibly post WO, but then I'v spoken to an online coach & he advises against post & pre. 

he said "  pre-WO also stops glycogen being released from the liver something you don't want to happen in a workout...... "  

&

"post workout MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) is the most important goal as this is what builds muscle, you don't actually need Carbs or Insulin post workout for this to happen, so using synthetic insulin gives zero benefit"

2 hours ago, gymfreak2010 said:

Want to hear from those who have experience using slin.

After reading logs/protocols & speaking with others that have used insulin. I'm getting so many different answers on how it's used.

What was your protocol ?

I used Mike Arnold's protocol a few years back mate, should pop up on a Google search.

Worked well but it's a bit of a ball ache tbh. 

As @DLTBB said, I think risks of going hypo are a bit overblown, and you should be OK if you take the right precautions. 

Doubt I'd bother again tbh. I don't compete and I just don't feel it's necessary. Worth trying though.

used lantus, novorapid and humalog mix 50 

summer last year was first time using lantus and novorapid and ran them both a few times since 

the protocol i ran for novorapid is first page ITT 

my lantus protocol is few pages deeper 

i rate lantus far better than novo 

gymfreak2010 likes this

Just now, swole troll said:

used lantus, novorapid and humalog mix 50 

summer last year was first time using lantus and novorapid and ran them both a few times since 

the protocol i ran for novorapid is first page ITT 

my lantus protocol is few pages deeper 

i rate lantus far better than novo 

Cool, I'll have a read of this for sure

Good post @DLTBB - have to agree with everything there really.

For those thinking about taking Insulin you have to ask yourself "why am i taking it" too many people just think its another anabolic compound to throw in the mix once most other steroids have been used......this is not the case.

What are you trying to achieve with Insulin? Well personally i am trying to achieve the best possible recovery i can from the training session i have just pounded myself with. You have to ask yourself are you really pushing your workouts to the point of complete failure? Are you constantly aiming for one more rep than last week, or 5kg more than last week to lift? If you're not then you have no place taking Insulin, its for the advanced bodybuilder requiring the cherry on top.......not the whole fckin cake!

stuey99, nickc300 and testosquirrel like this

3 minutes ago, Chelsea said:

For those thinking about taking Insulin you have to ask yourself "why am i taking it" too many people just think its another anabolic compound to throw in the mix once most other steroids have been used......this is not the case.

What are you trying to achieve with Insulin? Well personally i am trying to achieve the best possible recovery i can from the training session i have just pounded myself with. You have to ask yourself are you really pushing your workouts to the point of complete failure? Are you constantly aiming for one more rep than last week, or 5kg more than last week to lift? If you're not then you have no place taking Insulin, its for the advanced bodybuilder requiring the cherry on top.......not the whole fckin cake!

I couldn't agree with you anymore,  have you used though bud ? 

i used lantus for a month after getting sound advice from @swole troll 

as chelsea said its benefits really come in the final few reps of the set and for rapid recovery. 

sound advice from dltbb. fit the insulin into your current carb intake. not the other way round. i fou d its alot easier to put fat on then it is to lose it. 

one perk for me was the constant pumps. never felt anything like it. 

swole troll likes this

35 minutes ago, gymfreak2010 said:

I couldn't agree with you anymore,  have you used though bud ? 

Yes mate, and i have to say, coupled with GH its a game changer, ive had a seriously productive off season and ive just started by blast at 19stone! :D

testosquirrel and gymfreak2010 like this

42 minutes ago, JUICE1 said:

I've read it's not really worth using unless coupled with GH, not sure why pharmacologically.

really shines with gh and peptides as you say but i have ran it on its own and it still does bring something extra to the cycle only its a 1+1=3 with gh or peps on board 

gymfreak2010 likes this

17 hours ago, Chelsea said:

I've decided to use it for recovery...work as tree surgeon so take 10 iu either post work out or after work before I try rehydration and replenishing glycogen..my weight fluctuates by as much as 12 pounds if I don't eat every few hours in work I sweat loads too..feel like insulin will get nutrients into muscle quicker with limited time between getting home and sleeping 

Chelsea likes this

16 hours ago, Chelsea said:

Yes mate, and i have to say, coupled with GH its a game changer, ive had a seriously productive off season and ive just started by blast at 19stone! :D

Been out for 15 months hurt my shoulder again. .absolutely wrecked it few years back grabbing hold of a branch that weighed about 150kg when a newbie walked under the tree as I was cutting...been back few weeks ...4th week now...still not got my calories up there but making progress and cleaning the diet up as call increase and I get used to eating again .  Would you say I'd be better off trying to get back to where I was previously using basic stacks like test and eq or decade and maybe anadrol. ..or as I've gone for a sort of leaner gsins/recomp type of blast. ..using

350mg tren ace

350mg test prop

500mg sust 

200mg tren e

250mg deca

350mg Winstrol

10iu slin post work out

I'm about 3.5 Stone lighter than when I got hurt but a good few percent lower body fat at start point this time and hoping to stay lean this time 

Would you say that blast is over kill. .current weight is around 15st 8lb.. 5ft 9in or so

Getting stronger every day and shouldnt be long before my diet's bk on point and I'm used to eating a lot again. .seeing changes every few days too providing I hydrate and eat right after work...frustrating part is sweat and burn so much energy in work if I am tired and dont force food Down at night to get reasonable cals I go flat and depleted as hell and I obviously don't improve on the previous work outs feel like wasted days and steps backwards ..hoping insulin will help with recovery 

1 hour ago, testosquirrel said:

Been out for 15 months hurt my shoulder again. .absolutely wrecked it few years back grabbing hold of a branch that weighed about 150kg when a newbie walked under the tree as I was cutting...been back few weeks ...4th week now...still not got my calories up there but making progress and cleaning the diet up as call increase and I get used to eating again .  Would you say I'd be better off trying to get back to where I was previously using basic stacks like test and eq or decade and maybe anadrol. ..or as I've gone for a sort of leaner gsins/recomp type of blast. ..using

350mg tren ace

350mg test prop

500mg sust 

200mg tren e

250mg deca

350mg Winstrol

10iu slin post work out

I'm about 3.5 Stone lighter than when I got hurt but a good few percent lower body fat at start point this time and hoping to stay lean this time 

Would you say that blast is over kill. .current weight is around 15st 8lb.. 5ft 9in or so

Getting stronger every day and shouldnt be long before my diet's bk on point and I'm used to eating a lot again. .seeing changes every few days too providing I hydrate and eat right after work...frustrating part is sweat and burn so much energy in work if I am tired and dont force food Down at night to get reasonable cals I go flat and depleted as hell and I obviously don't improve on the previous work outs feel like wasted days and steps backwards ..hoping insulin will help with recovery 

Sorry to hear about the shoulder mate but it's good that you're back into training.

If I'm honest. I don't understand that blast mate, why so many compounds? Also there is a mix of long and short esters?!

i would keep it very simple, you say with work you sweat a lot and feel dehydrated so take Tren out the equation and do this:

Test - E, 400 or Sust, whatever long ester you prefer.

Deca

The simple stuff works the best especially in the off season mate.

testosquirrel likes this