macpainbaby

18 weeks out of first mens physique show

9 posts in this topic

First post guys, current stats are 5ft7". 73kg and probably 12-13% bodyfat. Few low dose cycles behind me. Last one being 1ml of a rip blend (240mg a week) with 600mg eq per week. 

Plans are my first mens physique show on 14th May. I would like to add a little lean size for the next 6 weeks then cut hard for the last 12. 

Current training split is a push/pull & legs split 4 days a week. With 2 days steady state cardio & core 

Current macros are 380c/180p/60f 

Protein will remain a constant, carbs and fats will be slowly lowered as the weeks move on. 

Proposed cycle 

Weeks 1-14  sust @ 500mg a week,  tren e @ 400mg,tbol 40mg a day (wk 1-6), 1 eca tab ed (wk 10-14),                Weeks 15 -18 prop @ 50mg eod, ace @ 100mg eod,  50mg winny  

Would appreciate any feedback on training, nutrition or cycle.

Cheers guys        

Do you have any pictures of your current condition?

18 weeks seems awfully long to diet down from 13% body fat to the level required for MP. Or are you intending to spend some of this time growing?

What is your anticipated stage weight?

I would personally be eating more protein but that's me. For your weight and assumed level of LBM, around 250g protein.

Appreciate the feedback. Below is a pic of my current condition. My plan is to grow into the show. Aiming at a very similar stage weight if not even a little heavier.

2017-01-10 16.49.16.jpg

If you can hold that condition from now until 8 weeks or so out, you will be able to come in bang on IMO with some good size. You are very lean.

i would probably add some masteron around 6 weeks out @350mg per other than that, test prop, tren and winny are good choices whilst dialling in. I had my winny up around 150mg the last week and it had me very crisp but I did flatten out.

macpainbaby likes this

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll get in some mast prop and add it to the mix 6 weeks out. Last 2 qts. Did u add an ai 3-4 weeks to bottom out your oestrogen? Like adex / letro? And what are your thoughts on carb, water and sodium manipulation on peak week? Thanks again 

Johnny, Ireland 

10 hours ago, macpainbaby said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll get in some mast prop and add it to the mix 6 weeks out. Last 2 qts. Did u add an ai 3-4 weeks to bottom out your oestrogen? Like adex / letro? And what are your thoughts on carb, water and sodium manipulation on peak week? Thanks again 

Johnny, Ireland 

Yes, I started Letrozole 8 weeks out @ 0.625 (quarter tab) every other day. This was slowly tapered up to 2.5mg ED by the 2 week out mark.

Peak week, everyone is different we all respond differently. I started diuretics 5 days out with just aldactone @ 12.5mg AM only. At 2 days out this was increased to 12.5mg AM / PM and at 1 day out HCTZ @ 12.5mg PM before the show and 12.5mg AM before the show.

Water was never cut but reduced at 2 days out by 30%.

Sodium was reduced by 30% from 1 week out but as normal on show day.

Carbs were dropped right out from 7 - 4 days out and from 3 days out reintroduced slowly tapering up to where my high days were during prep (about 320g IIRC).

Protein was reduced 1 day out and show day by 30%.

Next time, I think I will use slightly less aldactone and not reduce my sodium as on show day we struggled to fill me out, I dropped 3lbs over night and I ended up flat on stage, especially from the rear. My quads cramped during posing which said to me... too depleted.

Can't thank u enough for the in depth response mate. Going to use that as a template for my own prep. I'll adjust ai and diuretic use accordingly. Will definitely post my contest pics anyway. 

No worries. If you haven't used Aldactone before, do a little reading to understand how it works and what peoples general experiences of it are. A lot of people flatten out too much but often this is from taking far too much.

It builds up in your system so if you do overdose over the course of 5 days it can be hard to recover your physique. I followed the approach of being stage ready (dryness wise) 1 - 2 days out and we intended to adjust if I wasn't dry enough or pull back if I was too flat. I think aldactone on show day is what tipped me over (although I wasn't on stage until 17:30).

Maybe someone else can chime in who doesn't use aldactone and perhaps uses another approach; Lasix, straight thiazide or no diuretics.

Thanks man. Been reading up on the diuretics pre contest alright. Matt Porter recommends 1-2 tabs of dyazide the evening before the show. He claims aldactone really flattens out competitors. I guess this will all depend how lean I am 1 week out. Can dry out a fat physique Haha