38 posts in this topic

Wants to know whats peoples choice for buying there supps when training and running a cycle?

Compose a list if poss?....

was using protein works but getting annoyed with the constant sales pitching!

They all do sales all the time. Personally I prefer Bulk Powders, which it generally cheaper than TPW. Only buy from any of these companies with an offer code though - you'd be mad to pay full price for anything!

simonboyle likes this

7 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

They all do sales all the time. Personally I prefer Bulk Powders, which it generally cheaper than TPW. Only buy from any of these companies with an offer code though - you'd be mad to pay full price for anything!

Ok mate i will check them out,have you got a list of supplements you take through all your training ie like creatine do you use pills or powder,what protein you take etc?

they all spam the s**t out of you when they know your email address,

the main ones are TPW, GOnutrition, myprotein, bulkpowders etc etc...

just find codes and order from whichever works out cheapest

Colz likes this

Well I aint gonna be ordering off myprotein again. 

Told them my bag of cookies and cream whey tastes rancid, they asked for the use by date (nearly a year left on it) the batch number and contact info......then eventually sent me a mongy email telling me that they wouldnt do anything about it? I had a bag of the choc mint on the same order and thats fine. 

Shoddy customer service but theyll get zip out of me in the future and id advise you to do the same.

Colz likes this

1 hour ago, TinTin10 said:

Told them my bag of cookies and cream whey tastes rancid, they asked for the use by date (nearly a year left on it) the batch number and contact info......then eventually sent me a mongy email telling me that they wouldnt do anything about it? I had a bag of the choc mint on the same order and thats fine. 

Shoddy customer service but theyll get zip out of me in the future and id advise you to do the same.

I never buy mp whey cos there flavours taste like s**t anyway but there's been a few people recently had problems with bad mixing lumpy whey from them, pretty certain they did change it for them in the end.

Colz likes this

@DC1 will probably be able to help you out.

DC1 and Colz like this

Hi mate,

I wasn't aware this was the type of response you were given. 

Leave this with me until tomorrow please and I'll delve a bit deeper and try to sort for you mate. 

Nothing worse than buying protein that tastes whack! I made the mistake with TPW bought 2kg of strawberry & cream as i love strawberry milkshake but it is vile,they said i can send back for a refund but because of the weight too dear to post back. So the only way i can get rid of it is by throwing it in my nutri bullet with oats and almond milk. Morale of the story when changing flavours buy a sample bag lol.

1 hour ago, DC1 said:

Hi mate,

I wasn't aware this was the type of response you were given. 

Leave this with me until tomorrow please and I'll delve a bit deeper and try to sort for you mate. 

Thats good to hear mate bc it sounded like I was being stone-walled for a minute there.

On 04/01/2017 at 11:25 PM, Colz said:

Wants to know whats peoples choice for buying there supps when training and running a cycle?

Compose a list if poss?....

was using protein works but getting annoyed with the constant sales pitching!

Supps on and off a cycle don't really differ (amounts maybe). And so what you brought from PW will be what you'll want from any of the others. Plus, as others have said, they ALL sales pitch now. You can opt out on the emails- just check sites like this one for deals. BP, for example, has been running a 33% off deal.

17 hours ago, ILLBehaviour said:

I never buy mp whey cos there flavours taste like s**t anyway but there's been a few people recently had problems with bad mixing lumpy whey from them, pretty certain they did change it for them in the end.

Agree with this. I buy banana regularly and BPs flavour is far superior to MPs!

9 hours ago, Mobster said:

Supps on and off a cycle don't really differ (amounts maybe). And so what you brought from PW will be what you'll want from any of the others. Plus, as others have said, they ALL sales pitch now. You can opt out on the emails- just check sites like this one for deals. BP, for example, has been running a 33% off deal.

Yeah fair one mate i will have a look about ?

Mobster likes this

Gone off bulk powders protein  because of the bags. They seem to stop shutting properly after not very long.I was buying their more premium stuff as well, The 'informed' series, and to be honest that stuff is just as expensive as other more premium brands. And those brands put their stuff in tubs not bags. I maybe being a bit anal but it's my money. 

Personally if Iam buying I expect a tub. Someone down the gym was moaning about the same thing the other day actually,he had to dig out old tubs to put his bulk powder stuff in.I still buy multi and fish oil from them ,simply because I don't care all that much as much as I do about protein. And the multis I buy off them are the 'informed' ones that don't come in a bag. 

Was a fan of optinum nutrition, but used USN anabolic thingy with carbs and protein, creatine all in one, love it. Tastes much better,I personally find opt nutrition flavouring s**t. , I just have one of those and  ,an apple, for breakfast, as I work out super early before work and making breakfast was a right pain. I love the brand so much, I have also bought their protein powder as well. 

The only other brand I use is 'APS' for their mesomorph pre workout which is very good and worth the money in my view. 

faipdeooiad and Colz like this

12 minutes ago, benji666 said:

Gone off bulk powders protein  because of the bags. They seem to stop shutting properly after not very long.I was buying their more premium stuff as well, The 'informed' series, and to be honest that stuff is just as expensive as other more premium brands. And those brands put their stuff in tubs not bags. I maybe being a bit anal but it's my money. 

Personally if Iam buying I expect a tub. Someone down the gym was moaning about the same thing the other day actually,he had to dig out old tubs to put his bulk powder stuff in.

Once the press-lock plastic strip thing has gone at the top, its f**ked. One went once and I pulled it out of the cupboard without knowing. 

Covered in Strawberry powder. Nearly fu**ing choked to death.

11 minutes ago, benji666 said:

FWIW I keep the bags under my bed and transfer it to 2L Lock & Lock storage containers that I keep in the kitchen for day to day use. It's more convenient, and I don't have any problems with the seals on the bags wearing out.

I only by unflavoured whey concentrate ('Pure Whey') and unflavoured Micellar Casein though - I'm not convinced the more expensive products would offer me any advantage whatsoever.

Mobster likes this

Just now, TinTin10 said:

Once the press-lock plastic strip thing has gone at the top, its f**ked. One went once and I pulled it out of the cupboard without knowing. 

I once didn't screw the lid on a protein shaker properly and ended up covered in it. 

TinTin10 likes this

Just now, Ultrasonic said:

FWIW I keep the bags under my bed and transfer it to 2L Lock & Lock storage containers that I keep in the kitchen for day to day use. It's more convenient, and I don't have any problems with the seals on the bags wearing out.

I only by unflavoured whey concentrate ('Pure Whey') and unflavoured Micellar Casein though - I'm not convinced the more expensive products would offer me any advantage whatsoever.

IIRC the unflavoured versions have a higher nutritional value than flavoured ones anyway mate.

6 minutes ago, TinTin10 said:

IIRC the unflavoured versions have a higher nutritional value than flavoured ones anyway mate.

Yes, in that there's a higher concentration of protein as there isn't sweetener accounting for part of the weight. Of course just using slightly more of a flavoured product cancels out that effect though.

Sorry, but that did make me fu**ing laugh. Our lass would piss herself if that happened to me. Can't say I'd be best pleased though.

TinTin10 likes this

On Thu Jan 05 2017 at 9:48 PM, ILLBehaviour said:

It was frothing up. I had a 5kg bag that did it, MP (via DC1) replaced the bag and gave me a 2.5kg flavoured bag as an apology. Happy days.

DC1 and ILLBehaviour like this

On 1/5/2017 at 9:48 PM, ILLBehaviour said:

On 1/8/2017 at 6:37 PM, richardrahl said:

It was frothing up. I had a 5kg bag that did it, MP (via DC1) replaced the bag and gave me a 2.5kg flavoured bag as an apology. Happy days.

I had the same issue, it was frothing up, got a replacement, the replacement was also bad.... and I recorded a video of me testing the original and the replacement and showing that they both were bad.

however MyProtein apperantly do not think there is anything wrong here and decided not to do anything about it, after a few messages they said as a gesture of good will they will offer me any 2 products, all I asked for was 1 pack of a replacement for the replacement whey, 

And this was the 20th of Dec, still have not heard back from them or seen any signs of the whey...

But from what I gathered, was that if you have already had a replacement sent out for a product, that's it, if its bad, well its your loss, its not their problem anymore..

34 minutes ago, SimpleLimit said:

I had the same issue, it was frothing up, got a replacement, the replacement was also bad.... and I recorded a video of me testing the original and the replacement and showing that they both were bad.

however MyProtein apperantly do not think there is anything wrong here and decided not to do anything about it, after a few messages they said as a gesture of good will they will offer me any 2 products, all I asked for was 1 pack of a replacement for the replacement whey, 

And this was the 20th of Dec, still have not heard back from them or seen any signs of the whey...

But from what I gathered, was that if you have already had a replacement sent out for a product, that's it, if its bad, well its your loss, its not their problem anymore..

Drop @DC1 a message on here , buddy.