swole troll

Swole Troll's pec major detachment recovery log

100 posts in this topic

Just now, swole troll said:

So got woken up by some astounding news this morning, it was the hospital ringing me to say that I am to go nil my mouth from midnight 22nd Jan and come in at 1100 on the 23rd for reattachment surgery

Winning 

Here's pic update from this morning, really disappointing injury in terms of external visual but then the owner of my gym completely detached his pec and said he had no change in color whatsoever 

For now it's just roll on the 23rd :D

Top news mate.

Made up for ya

swole troll likes this

Just now, TinTin10 said:

Top news mate.

Made up for ya

the hamming it up worked 

i told them im losing money the longer im out (which is true)

and also told them my entire working life revolves around the gym (somewhat true) and that my main interest outside the gym is competitive lifting  

TinTin10 likes this

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

the hamming it up worked 

i told them im losing money the longer im out (which is true)

and also told them my entire working life revolves around the gym (somewhat true) and that my main interest outside the gym is competitive lifting  

Bang on then pal, always good to give them more reason to get a wriggle on.

Bet youre feeling better now than you were this time yesterday! 

2 minutes ago, TinTin10 said:

Bang on then pal, always good to give them more reason to get a wriggle on.

Bet youre feeling better now than you were this time yesterday! 

Complete opposite bud, I was feeling flat as a witches tit since the injury but today the first day I feel positive, like there is an end in sight or rather at least the start on the road to recovery

Off down the gym in a minute to do one of my cripple workouts but yes definitely feel more upbeat

Especially since dropping the codeine, never liked opioids they all make me feel depressed and nauseous 

TinTin10 likes this

5 minutes ago, swole troll said:

Complete opposite bud, I was feeling flat as a witches tit since the injury but today the first day I feel positive, like there is an end in sight or rather at least the start on the road to recovery

Off down the gym in a minute to do one of my cripple workouts but yes definitely feel more upbeat

Especially since dropping the codeine, never liked opioids they all make me feel depressed and nauseous 

And they make you give birth to shits of an ungodly size.

Just now, swole troll said:

i think its just due to them making you constipated and backing everything up 

Yeah mate. You know when the depth charge hits the water and splashes up on to your trap? All while your feet are giving it Fred Astaire bc your sphincters being torn to shreds? Them kinds of shits.

superpube likes this

Just now, TinTin10 said:

Yeah mate. You know when the depth charge hits the water and splashes up on to your trap? All while your feet are giving it Fred Astaire bc your sphincters being torn to shreds? Them kinds of shits.

M5BIcWU.gif

TinTin10 likes this

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

So got woken up by some astounding news this morning, it was the hospital ringing me to say that I am to go nil my mouth from midnight 22nd Jan and come in at 1100 on the 23rd for reattachment surgery

Winning 

Here's pic update from this morning, really disappointing injury in terms of external visual but then the owner of my gym completely detached his pec and said he had no change in color whatsoever 

rThp5Ef.jpg

For now it's just roll on the 23rd :D

excellent news mate! you must be buzzing

swole troll likes this

32 minutes ago, swole troll said:

The sickness i get from opiates is terrible. Its almost not worth it.

youll be back to lifting normally soon with any luck.

Maybe just call this a "Deload Year" :D 

21 minutes ago, TinTin10 said:

:jaw: How often do you have these kind of shits?

Great news mate!

Take 2 tennis balls and 2 balloons with you and ask them, whilst your cut open to place one in each bicep and one under each pec! 

You'll look awesome :thumb

3915622700000578-3821224-Segato_pictured_said_some_people_give_him_strange_looks_in_the_s-a-50_1475579686183.jpg

swole troll likes this

1 minute ago, Lifesizepenguin said:

:jaw: How often do you have these kind of shits?

Whenever im taking codeine post operation......so quite a few times mate. Never gets easier

20 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

Great news mate!

Take 2 tennis balls and 2 balloons with you and ask them, whilst your cut open to place one in each bicep and one under each pec! 

You'll look awesome :thumb

3915622700000578-3821224-Segato_pictured_said_some_people_give_him_strange_looks_in_the_s-a-50_1475579686183.jpg

Lol those forearms..... 

TinTin10 likes this

Told you that you might get a call! Great news from the good ship NHS. Hopefully your next post will be a few post surgery pics! 

Now just PRAY that we don't have any sh1tty cold weather and snow as it tends to lead to more hospital admissions and cancelled ops.

swole troll likes this

3 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Told you that you might get a call! Great news from the good ship NHS. Hopefully your next post will be a few post surgery pics! 

Now just PRAY that we don't have any sh1tty cold weather and snow as it tends to lead to more hospital admissions and cancelled ops.

Yes they may still cancel but the consultant operating likes to treat these cases within 6 weeks apparently  (pec repairs are most successful within this time period) 

The nurse that contacted me did specify:

"Please do not chew or suck sweets for 6 hours before admission time as you may be going for surgery

Do not eat or drink anything except water from 2.30 a.m. on the morning of your surgery"

So there is still chance it may not happen that day but still likely to happen within a few weeks of the proposed date should it be postponed

(Unfortunately there is snow predcited during the next week in the southwest)

Sasnak likes this

I'm sure you'll be in. Cannot blame them for not making promises. So long as there's no bed blocking because of the elderly raining in with broken hips cos they've slipped on snow/ice or a multiple smash on the M5 you should be sorted. Fingers crossed for you. We've a bit of snow forecast but it doesn't look major.

swole troll likes this

Decided to split training up to an upper lower training 3 days per week so upper lower upper m,w,f and then lower, upper, lower the following week 

Upper:

One arm standing dumbell press 3x8

One arm iso lat pull down 3x8

One arm chest press machine 3x8

One arm low cable row 3x8

One arm triceps ext 3x8

One arm dumbbell curl 3x8

One arm dumbbell side lateral 3x8 

Lower

Reverse hack squat machine thing (shown in video above) 3x10

Seated leg curl 3x10

Adductor machine 3x10 

Standing single leg curl machine 3x10 (each leg) 

Abductor machine 3x10 

Hyper extensions 3x10 (may try adding weight) 

The leg workout is just as bad as the one arm upper lol, problem is I still have knee tendinitis so limited on what leg presses I can do, that and most the leg presses are the 2 handle lock ones and I only have one useable hand

I don't think I'll build fa with these half assed workouts but I think it will pay dividends in muscle and strength retention during my recovery back to normal lifting especially with the hgh and 300mg Test throughout 

As it stands I have enough hgh to run 2iu every day piggy backed along with one shot of ghrp 2 combined with mod grf every day for 2 months post surgery which is the most immobile part of the recovery for natural people 

I may end up snagging some more or I may just opt for a months worth of peptides 2-3x ed to save the cash

RS86 likes this

This is great news you are getting the surgery quickly. I know you say it's just a hobby which is the same for me but it would drive me nuts if I had to wait and then having the chance that I will only ever gain half the strength. I would do anything to raise the money to have the surgery done quick if I thought it was going to be 6 month wait and then to not regain full strength after. 

swole troll likes this

2 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

This is great news you are getting the surgery quickly. I know you say it's just a hobby which is the same for me but it would drive me nuts if I had to wait and then having the chance that I will only ever gain half the strength. I would do anything to raise the money to have the surgery done quick if I thought it was going to be 6 month wait and then to not regain full strength after. 

Thankfully it won't come to that, the surgeon I've been appointed is fully aware of my age, employment and hobby 

And that both my jobs depend on my pec being functional and I am a certified PT even though I never take clients I made out that I did and of course being self employed meant I was losing cash the whole time I'm recovering so a speedy surgery is paramount 

This isn't entirely untrue either as my job just working the gym floor is casual hours so I'm missing out on a load of shifts whilst I'm healing.

the surgeon ive been appointed also likes to operate within 6 weeks of pectoral detachments as within this time frame sees the best possible outcome for optimal recovery

so yes there has been a silver lining to this s**t storm   

monkeybiker likes this

Further to today's update ive also got 15mg of bpc 157 on the way that i will be administering at a dose of 250mcg sub Q just above the damaged pec post surgery 

Also grabbing some more Animal Flex as I personally believe this along with super cissus to be the best joint care supplement going 

It doesn't have any magical ingredients or silly herbs no one has heard of, just tried and tested ingredients that on their own won't make the biggest difference but in combination you are hitting every proven supplementary angle 

Again don't break the bank for this stuff but if you are suffering from joint / tendon issues and you want to either go over the counter only or something to stack on top of your PED's then I'd highly reccomend Animal Flex or better yet animal flex and super cissus combined but this can get a little pricey

Flex being £28 per 2 months (just shy of) 

Cissus being £36 per 2 months (5 weeks supply per £18 pot) 

But saying that 2 months should see you right in most cases 

If i had money out the wazoo id run both year round

Of course this is only one last (optional) factor on top of proper rest and rehab but being a very sceptical supplement user these are 2 of about 6 in total supplements I'll use and the other 4 are vitamins, efa's and caffeine

The protocol:

(Week 1 starts day of surgery)

Week 1-2

Hgh 2iu
Mk677 20mg (to help with sleep and to enduce lethargy causing less desire to move and subsequently keep damaged pec more stable)

Week 2 - 9

Mod grf 100mcg
Ghrp 2 120mcg 
Followed 10 minutes later with hgh 2iu 

Combined peptides piggy backed with the hgh will be used first thing upon waking ed 

Bpc 157 will be dosed at 500mcg into the damaged pec sub q ed for the first 2 weeks then 250mcg ed for a further 2 weeks followed by a 2 week break then a final 4 weeks at 250mcg

Testosterone 300mg every week throughout

Otc supplements (relevant to recovery) taken for duration of recovery will be:

Super cissus 3200mg 
Animal Flex pack 
Vitamin c 2000mg
Vitamin D 5000iu

And then lastly supps and meds taken as needed:

Paracetamol 1000mg 
Codeine 60mg 

(Up to 4 times daily)

Melatonin 3mg 

Also got a friend on the hunt for a couple weeks worth of valium as 2 weeks post op suppose to be the worse

I'll obviously also be following the physio to the letter and buying a little knuckle duster type massager thing that I'll work the scar tissue out the pec with as soon as I'm given the all clear to do so

I'll post this here as I've only just come up with this entire protocol for recovery but I'll also edit it into the op