swole troll

Swole Troll's pec major detachment recovery log

395 posts in this topic

so on the advice of @Stephen9069 i thought id log my recovery from a complete detachment of the left pec major

what happened...

 




heard a huge internal pop, lost all strength in left pec, pec has coiled and retracted and has been spasming all day

1 nurse and 2 consultants all in agreeance the pec major has completely detached from the humerus 

seeing surgeon tomorrow and likely scheduling same day op (if not later this week)
 
happy 2017 :thumb


ITT i'll try to document all my training (going to  find out what i can do a week post surgery), surgery, my healing times and any gh or peps i may try to use to speed the healing process

and hopefully i can get a decent bit of internal bleeding and op wound photos 


EDIT - 

taken me a couple weeks to decide and accrue my full list of recovery supplements so here's the finalized plan of action 

food im eating when hungry but aiming loosely for 3000kcal 
 

The supplement protocol:

(Week 1 starts day of surgery)

Week 1-12

Monday - Friday:
Mod grf 100mcg
Ghrp 2 100mcg 
Followed 10 minutes later with hgh 2iu 
Followed 20 minutes later with IGF LR3 50mcg
Combined peptides piggy backed with the hgh and igf will be used first thing upon waking ed 

Weekends:
Ipamorelin 100mcg x3 per day
Mod grf 100mcg 3x per day


T3 25mcg ed upon waking or PWO on training days
Mk677 10mg ed pre bed (to help with sleep and to enduce lethargy causing less desire to move and subsequently keep damaged pec more stable)
Bpc 157 will be dosed at 250mcg into the damaged pec sub q ed for 4 weeks followed by a 2 week break then same dose for a further 4 weeks

Testosterone 100mg
Boldenone 250mg every week throughout


Otc supplements (relevant to recovery) taken for duration of recovery will be:

Super cissus 4800mg 
Animal Flex pack 
Vitamin c 2000mg
Vitamin D 5000iu
DMSO: 70/30 dmso/aloe vera  (applied to injured pec twice per day)
Bromelain 1000mg
ArthroMax Advanced with UC-II & AprèsFlex 2 caps ED
 

And then lastly supps and meds taken as needed:

Paracetamol 1000mg 
Codeine 60mg (Up to 4 times daily)

Melatonin 3mg 

Also got a friend on the hunt for a couple weeks worth of valium as 2 weeks post op suppose to be the worse

I'll obviously also be following the physio to the letter and buying a little knuckle duster type massager thing that I'll work the scar tissue out the pec with as soon as I'm given the all clear to do so, same applies to the TENS unit which i intend to rig up same day post op

the research on TENS is inconclusive but looks promising and if nothing else helps with pain management

links:


HGH:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2821728/


IGF:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1851714/


BPC 157:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16583442


T3:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3838329/


MK 677:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9467534


Vitamin C:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18505499


Cissus quandrangularis:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3343389/


Vitamin D:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4913983/


Fish oil (EFA's):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4663562/


UC-II

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24153020


DMSO:

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/topic/296536-dmso-dimethyl-sulfoxide-any-advice/


Bromelain:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24589242


Massage tool:

http://www.integrativehealthcare.org/mt/archives/2007/07/six_massage_tec.html/2


TENS machine:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3513252/



also for those reading this and wanting to know others time frames on recovery from pec reattachment surgery to being able to bench again

Sawyers' progress:

08/02 -Date of pec reattachment operation
12/03 -5 weeks post op: light leg work (machines only)

16/03 -6 weeks PO: SSB and arm work
02/04 -8 weeks PO: very light dumbbell shoulder press (mainly to work the movement)

07/04 -9 weeks PO: close grip lat pull down, barbell rows, military press
11/04 -10 weeks PO: high rack push ups (near standing) 

14/04 -11 weeks PO: deadlifts double overhand 
09/05 -12 weeks PO: incline dumbbell press

02/06 -15 weeks PO: flat barbell bench

Sawyers' Log: http://sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/Pec-tear-recovery-and-beyond!-13556


Huckfinnbarbell's progress:

07/05 -Date of pec reattachment operation 
24/05 -2.5 weeks post op: one arm upper body, leg work

08/06 -4 weeks PO: SSB, deadlifts double overhand (light)
14/06 -5 weeks PO: heavier deadlifts 140kg

20/06 -6 weeks PO: deadlifts 220kg
04/07 -8 weeks PO: seated barbell overhead press

15/07 -10 weeks PO: flat barbell bench

Tom Finn's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFFV6rHQz17/?taken-by=huckfinnbarbell&hl=en

RS86, Quackerz, benny_boy555 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, swole troll said:

so on the advice of @Stephen9069 i thought id log my recovery from a complete detachment of the left pec major

what happened...

 




heard a huge internal pop, lost all strength in left pec, pec has coiled and retracted and has been spasming all day

1 nurse and 2 consultants all in agreeance the pec major has completely detached from the humerus 

seeing surgeon tomorrow and likely scheduling same day op (if not later this week)
 
happy 2017 :thumb


ITT i'll try to document all my training (going to  find out what i can do a week post surgery), surgery, my healing times and any gh or peps i may try to use to speed the healing process

and hopefully i can get a decent bit of internal bleeding and op wound photos 




 

Welcome to 2017!!

I feel you mate, my misses lost the baby on Tuesday so 2017 has been the worst fu**ing start possible!

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. Get some peptides mate they work wonders

Test-e and swole troll like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoomTime said:

Welcome to 2017!!

I feel you mate, my misses lost the baby on Tuesday so 2017 has been the worst fu**ing start possible!

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. Get some peptides mate they work wonders

Ah s**t man I'm real sorry to hear that.

Yes gutted about pec

Seems 2016 was just the starter

2017 being the main 

Thanks for your words 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the surgeon and he's confirmed the pec major has completely detached 

Waiting on an MRI to see the extent of the damage and then hopefully surgery on Monday 


original thread from the day i tore it - 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear it mate I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

On the plus side (for me) I'm currently doing some physio training so this will be very interesting to see a real rehab rather than a fictional textbook case study. 

Any idea what caused it? - indirectly: were you over trained, had you warmed up etc etc? 

swole troll likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dieseldave said:

Sorry to hear it mate I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

On the plus side (for me) I'm currently doing some physio training so this will be very interesting to see a real rehab rather than a fictional textbook case study. 

Any idea what caused it? - indirectly: were you over trained, had you warmed up etc etc? 

it detached during the rerack 

the guy furthest from the camera pulled me out of position 

it was strained when i failed the rep but the further exertion at an odd angle is what tore it

you hear me shout out just as its being racked 
that is the moment it tore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f**k man sorry to hear this. You seem to be taking it well and looking on the Erm,  brighter side of things.

Reminds me when I dislocated my shoulder in the gym a year ago doing seated dB shoulder press (40kg per hand). On the 7th rep I shrugged my traps upwards when the dB met at the top (idiot) ,  then on the way down the dB in my right hand drifted back and took my arm with it to the floor.

I was depressed  and thought it's the end of my gym days but thankfully that wasn't the case.

That said I now ensure I do RC and shoulder exercises with bands 4 times a week or more to prevent further injury and discomfort with chest and shoulder based Injurys.

I typically don't go mad with heavy weights anymore where shoulders are in a vulnerable position.

They say that when using AAS your tendons don't grow or strengthen any where as near as quick as your muscle. Slow essentric expersizes are meant to assist in strengthening tendons.

you will need to follow a strict rehab protocol post op to get you back in the gym lifting baby weights,  make sure you get a good physio!

Looking forward to follow your progress, all the best!

swole troll likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

f**k man sorry to hear this. You seem to be taking it well and looking on the Erm,  brighter side of things.

Reminds me when I dislocated my shoulder in the gym a year ago doing seated dB shoulder press (40kg per hand). On the 7th rep I shrugged my traps upwards when the dB met at the top (idiot) ,  then on the way down the dB in my right hand drifted back and took my arm with it to the floor.

I was depressed  and thought it's the end of my gym days but thankfully that wasn't the case.

That said I now ensure I do RC and shoulder exercises with bands 4 times a week or more to prevent further injury and discomfort with chest and shoulder based Injurys.

I typically don't go mad with heavy weights anymore where shoulders are in a vulnerable position.

They say that when using AAS your tendons don't grow or strengthen any where as near as quick as your muscle. Slow essentric expersizes are meant to assist in strengthening tendons.

you will need to follow a strict rehab protocol post op to get you back in the gym lifting baby weights,  make sure you get a good physio!

Looking forward to follow your progress, all the best!

ill be back in the gym soon training legs

its a nightmare isnt it 

will be a long road and it hasnt even started yet 

the day after surgery is the first day of recovery 

MarkyMark likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mingster said:

Sorry to hear this mate. Wishing you all the best for a swift and full recovery.

thanks buddy 

just damage control now really

try to hold onto as much muscle as i can and not get too out of shape 

if i can safety bar squat then all is not lost, ill go find out after surgery 

Mingster likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swole troll said:

thanks buddy 

just damage control now really

try to hold onto as much muscle as i can and not get too out of shape 

if i can safety bar squat then all is not lost, ill go find out after surgery 

Yeah. I've tore a pec but not fully detached. It is what it is and you have to take a sensible approach to recovery, but you are experienced enough to make the right decisions as to what you can and cannot do. In time it will make to look at training in a different way and, hopefully, that way will enable you to add to, and even improve, the way you've trained up until now.

I've had a few long term injuries over the years (mostly discs), even to the extent where doctors have said I'll never lift heavy again, but I've been lucky enough to work my way through it and I'm sure you will too.

swole troll likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with it all mate, hope it goes smooth. Not too sure if I should be using an in gif here or not though? lol

swole troll likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the best with the surgery and rehab man, wishing you a quick recovery.....look on it as a challenge the same as any other youve faced throughout your training career, make a plan, take it slowly and do whatever it takes to keep yourself in a positive frame of mind. 

 

swole troll likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so got some news today 

I'm booked in for an MRI on the 15th of Jan 

This is of course s**t news as any time between the rupture and surgery is wasted time as they're going to disrupt any healing that may have gone on during this time in order to reattach the pec (assuming it can be reattached) 

I had another awful nights sleep dosed up on codeine and melatonin I'm waking in this sleep paralysis type state because I have to lay flat on my back and the sling is around my shoulder and another around my ribs which makes me feel like I'm tied down 

Keep having thoughts of wishing I could redo that day and just rerack the weight on the 3rd rep 

Pointless crying over spilt milk so going to bus it down the gym later and try some one arm deadlifts and unilateral right arm stuff  (machine rows, light chest press, curls, extension ect)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good bit of news 

MRI's been moved forward to monday to see which part of the pec detached (tendon from bone or muscle from tendon) 

this will be shown to the surgeon then its just a waiting game for when i get operated on.

post op ive got some hgh, ghrp 2 and mod grf

ill piggy back 2iu on 100mcg of ghrp 2 and 100mcg mod grf once per day as  ive read although higher doses can lead to an even faster recovery it can also lead to excessive scar tissue 

2-3iu seems to be the sweet spot which i should be on the higher end of with this planned protocol 

300mg test ew also for muscle retention 

so got the dates, recovery drugs and muscle retention sorted 

now i just need some bigger t shirts...





qMCUKWV.jpg

Quackerz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, swole troll said:

good bit of news 

MRI's been moved forward to monday to see which part of the pec detached (tendon from bone or muscle from tendon) 

this will be shown to the surgeon then its just a waiting game for when i get operated on.

post op ive got some hgh, ghrp 2 and mod grf

ill piggy back 2iu on 100mcg of ghrp 2 and 100mcg mod grf once per day as  ive read although higher doses can lead to an even faster recovery it can also lead to excessive scar tissue 

2-3iu seems to be the sweet spot which i should be on the higher end of with this planned protocol 

300mg test ew also for muscle retention 

so got the dates, recovery drugs and muscle retention sorted 

now i just need some bigger t shirts...





qMCUKWV.jpg

Nasty injury bud, you must be gutted, at least its getting looked at quick though.

swole troll likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now