UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Am I ready for steroids?

1K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Wheat 
#1 ·
Hi all.

Been a browser of these forums for some time now. I am considering starting my first course of steroids as I feel like I have hit a wall and my progress in the gym has halted.

My goal is to gain a bit more size, I don't want to look like a carpet fitter though. I am 30 years old and have been working out on and off since I was 18. My diet is good, only downside being my love of beer.

I'm 5ft 11", 80kg. Not sure about BF% but think it's pretty low.

I'd like to scratch your brains as to what kind of a cycle would be best for me to get through that wall and make gains in size (but not too big) and get as ripped as possible. I play a lot of football so don't want anything that is going to slow me down too much, but would like to be a lot stronger.

Would Anavar or Turanibol be a good bet? I'd be open to injecting.

I am in no rush to start as I need to do more research, I'd just like to be pointed in the right direction before I continue with said research.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Art Circle Font Event Monochrome photography

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You could just stick to the basics and do a 12 week test e/c cycle, just make sure you run an AI along with it and get your PCT sorted and you'll be good to go.

No doubt it'll lead to some decent gains if your diet and training are in check.

Currently on my 3rd week of my test e run (12-14 weeks 500mg/week) and I'm up a fair bit of weight already. Around 1.5-2kg I think.

I have put on a bit of fat though, being Christmas n all :thumb

#5 ·
You could just stick to the basics and do a 12 week test e/c cycle, just make sure you run an AI along with it and get your PCT sorted and you'll be good to go.

No doubt it'll lead to some decent gains if your diet and training are in check.

Currently on my 3rd week of my test e run (12-14 weeks 500mg/week) and I'm up a fair bit of weight already. Around 1.5-2kg I think.

I have put on a bit of fat though, being Christmas n all :thumb
That's some great gains, thanks for your response

#6 ·
You don't want to get bigger but you want to get stronger as you have hit a wall . I'm afraid to get stronger your muscles need to get bigger so you can't win there .

You want to get 'ripped' I don't know what you mean by that , ripped to me is lots of muscle separation with very low bodyfat. So only way you going to look ripped is to lose some more bodyfat but you have not got enough muscle size to look ripped and you don't want to get bigger so you can't win there .

Steroids are not for you

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)

I'd like to scratch your brains as to what kind of a cycle would be best for me to get through that wall and make gains in size (but not too big) and get as ripped as possible. I play a lot of football so don't want anything that is going to slow me down too much, but would like to be a lot stronger.
OK first of all, take steroids if you want, or don't take them if you don't want. You don't need anyone's approval.

I suppose what you really want to know is whether steroids will help you get you to your goal.

But there are 2 problems with that:
1. You don't seem to know what your goals are. "I want to get bigger but not too big" is not a goal. Do you have a goal weight and BF percentage? Also, "I want to get bigger" and "I don't want my football to suffer" are a bit contradictory. If you get bigger, you may become a better sprinter, but your endurance running will suffer.

2. "I want to be stronger" is also a vague goal. What kind of strength are looking for? How strong are you right now? e.g. are you looking to increase your bench press? Do you know your Wilks score? If you tell me your 1 rep maxes for bench, squat, and deadlift I can tell you approximately where you stand in terms of maximum natural potential.

#14 ·
OK first of all, take steroids if you want, or don't take them if you don't want. You don't need anyone's approval.

I suppose what you really want to know is whether steroids will help you get you to your goal.

But there are 2 problems with that:
1. You don't seem to know what your goals are. "I want to get bigger but not too big" is not a goal. Also, "I want to get bigger" and "I don't want my football to suffer" are a bit contradictory. If you get bigger, you may become a better sprinter, but your endurance running will suffer.

2. "I want to be stronger" is also a vague goal. What kind of strength are looking for? How strong are you right now? e.g. are you looking to increase your bench press? Do you know your Wilks score? If you tell me your 1 rep maxes for bench, squat, and deadlift I can tell you approximately where you stand in terms of maximum natural potential.
Ultimately I want to become a stronger, faster version of what I am now. So I suppose I am looking at a cycle geared toward athletes if such a cycle exists. From what I have read so far Anavar and Turanibol seem to be suitable for this. I may be wrong though.

I understand that to get stronger I will need to put on more muscle but surely I can add lean muscle and maintain agility and stamina?

I am already fast, but want to be faster. I guess I am looking for more power as opposed to strength. A lot of my training invloves Plyometrics and explosive power training alongside my compound exercises. No idea what my 1rm is on the bench as I only use free weights.

I don't know my Wilks score.

I have made massive gains in my speed, endurance and strength naturally over the last few years. I have now hit a wall and want something to help knock it down.

Thanks for your responses

#15 ·
Hi all.

Been a browser of these forums for some time now. I am considering starting my first course of steroids as I feel like I have hit a wall and my progress in the gym has halted.

My goal is to gain a bit more size, I don't want to look like a carpet fitter though. I am 30 years old and have been working out on and off since I was 18. My diet is good, only downside being my love of beer.

Would Anavar or Turanibol be a good bet? I'd be open to injecting.

I am in no rush to start as I need to do more research, I'd just like to be pointed in the right direction before I continue with said research.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

View attachment 138049
You're in pretty good shape. In terms of a cycle if you want to do one I'd stick with swole trolls first test e one that he posted the link to, you'll make good gains from that if training and diet are in place. In terms of not wanting to get too big, one 12 week cycle isn't gona turn you into fkin Ronnie Coleman so I wouldn't worry about that.

Being ripped is about having low body fat so that would depend on how you laid out your diet on cycle, I personally wouldn't cut on a first cycle though kinda seems like a waste of time when you could be putting on a few kgs of quality lbm before a cutting cycle further down the line. Saying that I do have a good friend who done his first cycle during the summer and he cut down through it and seemed to gain a reasonable amount of muscle and a decent amount of strength. He had tren in his stack though, which is a no no for you if you're also trying to improve your cv for football.

As I said you are in decent shape now so you should be able to run a 12 week bulk cycle with minimal fat gain. I used test prop as well as test e when I started in august as I couldn't be arsed waiting 4/5 weeks to start seeing results. some might say it's overcomplicating things and they re probably right, but I got on well with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.