Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clubber Lang

brand protein etc, anyone still use...

7 posts in this topic

getting bombarded with emails from top brands for black friday and now xmas sales un deals, and wondered if anyone still buys whey from brands like CNP, Reflex etc? Was tempted to get a tub of chocolate ProPetide, £45 ish, but then thought why, i can get 4kg of whey (only concentrate) for £45 without any discount codes, under £40 when discount are on, which are usually always available.  Huge price difference.

anyone use only top brand whey and not bulk, or use both?

i remember when i was getting into my training many years ago, i was a CNP junkie, everything i bought was CNP, or Chemical Nutrition (DY Approved) as it was a decade ago lol. CNP L-Glute, HMB, Pro-MRs, ProPeptide, Pro-Bar II, if it wasnt CNP i didnt use it lol. I do remember buying a can of Animal Pak once. Take around 15 massive tablets pre-workout lol. Needed 2 pints of water to wash them all down, then training with a bloated water belly lol.

think the first bulk company i used, and was one of the originals, think MP bought them out, but it was called All-In-One. They only did whey con and casein with sachets of MR. Remember paying, when on offer 2x 20 sachet boxes for £30! Good times ha.

I like USN, .paid 23 quid for their all in one, protein, carbs creatine, should last about 2 weeks if I take one serving a day! , but Iam not bothering cooking a massive breakfast in the morning now as I have to start work earlier, so no more buying stuff for breakfast,. 

As I liked the taste of their all in one, I bought their IGF protein, which is 45 grams of protein a serving so it says on the tub. That should last a month. Cost me about 30 quid. 

Best tastng stuff I have ever bought. I have used opt nutrition in the past, as well as bulk powders, not pleased with either taste wise and I started to get a bit p'd off with the whole bag business and bulk powders. Also tried PHD. and animal protein. 

I quite liked opt nutrition iso whey, simply because it came in a little tub but lasted ages. But that stuff is well expensive. 

tbh, ive only ever used the branded whey's - dont know why ignorance and ease and horror stories of taste compared with myprotein, bulkpowders i guess

Bulk Powders are generally better tasting than any 'branded' product bar syntha 6, but then that's 50% sugar & fat, so it should taste nice.

edit - when I say 'branded' I mean the high street brands referred to above - of course Bulk Powders are as much of a brand in themselves as Maximuscle, USN and Optimum Nutrition are.