MattGriff

Matt Griffiths Total Rebuild

28 posts in this topic

To give a bit of a history of me. 

GPC European champion 2015 Open 125s.

British record holder in the deadlift. Former squat British record holder.

I've been diagnosed with sleep Apnea which has caused some issues with sleep deprivation which came to a head lately and I was blue lighted due to an anxiety attack where my throat closed up. 

Since diagnosis I've been able to deal mentally with the situation and will be moving forward from this point. 

Until I get my CPAP machine for sleeping I'm basically operating on little sleep and an oxygen deficit. It's fine now I am aware of this as I can plan around it to get sorted out.

Due to some stresses my appetite was hit and I lost a couple of stone..but in fairness it's there to lose. Never been hugely fat but definate carried some.

So my rebuild plan is simple. Drop more fat and focus on bodybuilding movements to target some weak areas and to allow some injuries to heal.

After this point I will build my lifts back up again (clean) and once the oxygen issue is sorted get myself as fit as possible.

I was up at around 135kg but with a decent amount of fat. 

This time I'm aiming for filling out the 125kg class with a much leaner and fitter physique and then go from there.

I keep a video log as by day I'm a strength and conditiong coach with multiple World, European and British champions under my belt. Now it's time to turn the knowledge to me. 

Below is a link to my channel..please do subscribe as there will be educational content on there as well as my rants and training tips for power. 

I'll post below the first few vids of my new training style so you can if you can be arsed follow the training cycle. 

27 minutes ago, MattGriff said:

Tonight's fun

I know @Mingster is a fan of pin presses.

I've not done them for a while  myself but they feel awesome on my pecs n tris. Bound to help with lockout strength

23 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I know @Mingster is a fan of pin presses.

I've not done them for a while  myself but they feel awesome on my pecs n tris. Bound to help with lockout strength

It's actually my pecs that felt it the most. 

With the narrower grip with a long arm there is actually contrary to belief less triceps activation and greater pectoral activation.

RS86 likes this

12 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

Watch them hooks mate as you can easily sprain the wrist

It's okay....I used to box and the bag is light as fook. 

6 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

It did look light, Did you compete ???

6 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

It did look light, Did you compete ???

Many many years ago. That was my first time on a bag in 16 years haha.

I've got my client Paul Taylor who was the UCMMA heavyweight champ coming in later to do some pad work with me so we can see how robotic I really am haha.

arcticfox likes this

Just now, MattGriff said:

Many many years ago. That was my first time on a bag in 16 years haha.

I've got my client Paul Taylor who was the UCMMA heavyweight champ coming in later to do some pad work with me so we can see how robotic I really am haha.

Sweet, I'm a retired fighter myself so was just making sure you don't hurt your hands

MattGriff likes this

20 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

Sweet, I'm a retired fighter myself so was just making sure you don't hurt your hands

No worries bro, apriciate the concern.

arcticfox likes this