UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

protein advice please

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Mobster 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I just rejoined the gym after a 2 year absence and I'm really eager to get myself in good shape. When I worked out before, I took whey protein from myprotein but I stopped as all I did was fart from the stuff lol, I'm not sure if this is normal or just a bad product? If Im to make the gains I want to achieve I feel I'll need some shakes to help me along the way. I'd really appreciate if anyone can advise me what type is best and where to shop. I'm currently cutting and eating well, but feel I'm not reaching my protein levels. Thanks everyone

#5 ·
you just have to buy small packages of different ones, and try each for a month or so... Write everything down, track you intake, gym time, exercises... and you will eventualy find out which works for you. If you are to lazy to do that just pick one that seems good and hope you get lucky :)

#7 ·
If you can afford it go for a premium brand as they tend to have the better quality blends. (Optimum Nutrition/Gaspari/Muscletech/BSN/Animal/USN) The bulk buy protein's have the most basic compounds and mass gainers are the worst for this kind of thing. Also as previously mentioned it would be a good idea to get your diet and nutrition on track first and see what kind of protein/fat/carb levels you are hitting before proceeding with buying supplements. If your like me though I find the buying of supplements can give you a motivational boost!

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
You might need time for your stomach to work itself out. I blow out a toilet after a lay off once I start taking whey/creatine and all the rest again,cpme close to shitting myself several times . And I use premium brands, USN, animal, opt nutrition etc etc .

Personally Iam rather skeptical of all protein powders wouldn't really trust any of them as far as I could throw them.Whether the firms are Yank,/Brit/ premium or bulk,.

,no matter what make,I only use it once a day simply for a post workout shake and it's an all in one, creatine/ glutamine etc etc and I do that due to convenience,food is always better. I simply buy the premium brands because they are packaged better, and I like shiny things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.