ams_sxi

Which Omega 3

11 posts in this topic

Looking for a high grade Omega-3 that is highly dosed, contains all Omega-3s (not just EPA and DHA) and is purified.

Any recommendations?

1 hour ago, ams_sxi said:

not sure i was just told too look for good quality omega 3

EPA and DHA are what matters, and there are basically two different types of omega 3 capsules: regular and the higher strength form. You'll see identical DPA and EPA values quoted by targets sellers and I don't know any way to compare their quality I'm afraid. The bulk protein suppliers all sell them, but the likes of zipvit are often cheaper.

Bulk Powders sell higher strength ones with vitamin E to in principle stop the fat oxidising, but I don't know if this actually makes a significant difference (but this is what I buy).

ams_sxi likes this

I use seal oil. Supposed to be some of the mosr advantageous Omega3 sources out there! It is naturally very high in EPA and DHEA and needs very little purification or treatment. Fat from seals have kept the eskimo hearts beating for generations :) Have also read a ton of anecdotes from people suffering from different allergies having greater symptom relief from using Seal oil vs other marine sources.

I also use a little Udo`s Choice to get the best from the plant world as well! Supposed to be a very high quality, well thought trough product!

Try Flaxseed Oil as that contains Omega 3/6/9 and has great benefits. Capsule form is the easiest method of ingesting. 

2 hours ago, musclepax said:

Try Flaxseed Oil as that contains Omega 3/6/9 and has great benefits. Capsule form is the easiest method of ingesting. 

Flaxseed (linseed) oil is a bit different in that the omega 3 it contains is ALA rather than the EPA and DHA in fish oil, and their properties aren't the same.

I add ground flax to my breakfast porridge but take fish oil supplements as well.

10 hours ago, JoeyBigLift said:

Contents: 330mg EPA, 220mg DHA per cap!

That's a fairly standard amount for the higher strength type BTW. In case it helps you out for the future I'll mention that these are the same concentration, include some vitamin E and are cheaper (factoring in the pretty much constant 'offers' - 30% off today):

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/super-strength-omega-3-softgels.html