Lorian

Reputation Recount

50 posts in this topic

As of today all Reputation scores have been recounted. The scores now accurately show the exact number of Likes that a members  content has received since we moved to this new incarnation of UKM in 2015.

Why was this done?
Lot's of members had massively high reputation points carried over from the old forum reputation system. These figures were unattainable on the new UKM and the massive discrepancy between the 2 systems meant that the system became meaningless.

My huge reputation score is gone and now I'm unhappy
Your old score isn't lost, it's just not currently visible. It is my intention to use this data to provide some other form of recognition/award/perk further down the line.

Will something good come from this? 
Yes :) Something new is coming which builds on the Likes system and offers a lot more in addition.

Oioi, jacksong, Sphinkter and 7 others like this

Only replying so I can see what my 'reputation' is

Edit: Boom! 3180 f**kers! Is that good? Is Skye still on 3 million or something ridiculous?

Yes likes this

5 minutes ago, Gary29 said:

Only replying so I can see what my 'reputation' is

Edit: Boom! 3180 f**kers! Is that good? Is Skye still on 3 million or something ridiculous?

Same here... lol

2 minutes ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

No body cares about reputation count buddy. All are bodybuilders here and they don't give a s**t about what others think about them.

:lol: You're forgetting most of the forum don't even lift 

54 minutes ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

No body cares about reputation count buddy. All are bodybuilders here and they don't give a s**t about what others think about them.

:lol:

all these platinums and golds seeing who as the biggest rep, leaves us poor lower classes with the scraps( just posting to see where i am at)

1 hour ago, ellisrimmer said:

oh christ, people will be playing for likes again now. bad move for a forum IMHO

Part of the reason for calculating the recount is that, now that everyone's on the same system, it will enable me to adjust the reputation system so that it isn't based solely on Likes.

E.g. Informative posts outside of Gen Con will potentially add more to a users reputation than a Like for simply posting  funny pic in Gen Con.

Quackerz and IronJohnDoe like this

8 minutes ago, Lorian said:

Part of the reason for calculating the recount is that, now that everyone's on the same system, it will enable me to adjust the reputation system so that it isn't based solely on Likes.

E.g. Informative posts outside of Gen Con will potentially add more to a users reputation than a Like for simply posting  funny pic in Gen Con.

sounds good