Dead lee

Protein muffin

11 posts in this topic

Here's a little recipe I have been using, it's very handy, easy and fast to make, you can make it low carb or add extras in for flavours to taste.

1 x egg (medium or large)

5g of coconut flour.

50g of protein powder (I prefer chocolate flavours)

30g of frozen blueberries 

Add egg to small beaker, add 50g of protein powder, mix, add 30g of blueberries and mix again.

Microwave for 50 seconds to 1 min depending on your microwave power or other circumstances you may have to work it to your own preferences, not using frozen blueberries for example will lower the microwave time to perhaps 30 seconds.

Just don't overcook it.. it will turn to rubber, you want a bit of firm an a bit gooey at the same time for the best texture.

Calories with medium egg approx 300,  low carb , high protein and pretty filling, nice with a cuppa coffee.

EXTRAS IDEAS - 

Peanut butter

Coco powder 

Nuttella

Basically any chocolate bits, pieces of fruit even a little single or double cream!

Grab your spoon & Enjoy :thumbup1:

On 10/23/2016 at 5:01 PM, Dead lee said:

Here's a little recipe I have been using, it's very handy, easy and fast to make, you can make it low carb or add extras in for flavours to taste.

1 x egg (medium or large)

5g of coconut flour.

50g of protein powder (I prefer chocolate flavours)

30g of frozen blueberries 

Add egg to small beaker, add 50g of protein powder, mix, add 30g of blueberries and mix again.

Microwave for 50 seconds to 1 min depending on your microwave power or other circumstances you may have to work it to your own preferences, not using frozen blueberries for example will lower the microwave time to perhaps 30 seconds.

Just don't overcook it.. it will turn to rubber, you want a bit of firm an a bit gooey at the same time for the best texture.

Calories with medium egg approx 300,  low carb , high protein and pretty filling, nice with a cuppa coffee.

EXTRAS IDEAS - 

Peanut butter

Coco powder 

Nuttella

Basically any chocolate bits, pieces of fruit even a little single or double cream!

Grab your spoon & Enjoy :thumbup1:

Cant find coconut flour . Can I just use ordinary one ? Have you tried it like this ? 

53 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Cant find coconut flour . Can I just use ordinary one ? Have you tried it like this ? 

Yes will be fine, the coconut powder just falls in line with a healthier flour type, any flour will work.

56 minutes ago, Dead lee said:

Yes will be fine, the coconut powder just falls in line with a healthier flour type, any flour will work.

Thanx ! 

Dead lee likes this

49 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Thanx ! 

Your welcome.. hope you like it, I have two a day can't stop lol

Been mixing a banana in for a while now and mine is more a mixture of chunks and goo these days and spoon it out :thumbup1:

Just now, Dead lee said:

Been mixing a banana in for a while now and mine is more a mixture of chunks and goo these days and spoon it out :thumbup1:

I was just going to mix a banana as well . Turns out thats out of all the original ingredients I only have the protein and the egg damn it . Lets see how it turns out 

Dead lee likes this

20 minutes ago, Dead lee said:

Doesnt look pretty but it goes well with coffee and its so easy to make 

IMG_0528.JPG

Dead lee likes this

19 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Doesnt look pretty but it goes well with coffee and its so easy to make 

IMG_0528.JPG

Add a few of the extras in there, yeah coffee is a must, I drink way to much coffee, I think I'm an addict ha

46 minutes ago, Heavyassweights said:

sounds like hard work

It was ! All the egg cracking and the banana chopping ruined me had to take a two hour nap after that . Hahah

Heavyassweights likes this