Strandman36

Omega-3 and multiple vitamins

13 posts in this topic

Hey fellas I've started taking these and hopefully some one can tell me are they really worth taking especially the Omega 3? Cheers StrandMan 

Omega 3 is an amazing supplement provided that it's of a high quality. There are many benefits to taking it, joint health, tissue health, brain health, helps with inflammation and pain and way more... I would suggest an Omega 3 from deep sea fish preferably Shark Liver oil... 

Strandman36 likes this

Thanks for the reply, the omega and vitamins are each 1000mg each pill that should be plenty a day, what do you think? 

29 minutes ago, Janelle said:

Omega 3 is an amazing supplement provided that it's of a high quality. There are many benefits to taking it, joint health, tissue health, brain health, helps with inflammation and pain and way more... I would suggest an Omega 3 from deep sea fish preferably Shark Liver oil... 

Omega 3 supplements are a good idea, unless you eat lots of oily fish. I take 4 high strength capsules per day.

I don't use a multivitamin, but rather supplement particular vitamins/minerals that are likely to develop beneficial. Specifically, vitamins D3 and K2, and magnesium citrate and zinc.

Strandman36 likes this

1 hour ago, Strandman36 said:

Thanks for the reply, the omega and vitamins are each 1000mg each pill that should be plenty a day, what do you think? 

My pleasure. I will check the dosage I take when I get home as it's the best one on the market in ZA and I'll let you know.

I tend to agree with Ultrasonic with supplementing particular vits and minerals. I strongly believe in taking Ionic Coral calcium which has magnesium too. I also take Omega, Antioxidants, Digestive enzymes and a product called Mindset which is great for stress.

Strandman36 likes this

1 hour ago, Ultrasonic said:

Omega 3 supplements are a good idea, unless you eat lots of oily fish. I take 4 high strength capsules per day.

I don't use a multivitamin, but rather supplement particular vitamins/minerals that are likely to develop beneficial. Specifically, vitamins D3 and K2, and magnesium citrate and zinc.

The omega 3 I have are 1000mg per pill, do you think I should take more than one a day?  Thanks 

20 minutes ago, Janelle said:

I tend to agree with Ultrasonic with supplementing particular vits and minerals. I strongly believe in taking Ionic Coral calcium which has magnesium too. I also take Omega, Antioxidants, Digestive enzymes and a product called Mindset which is great for stress.

The Vits that I have have 30 different vits, minerals, A-zinc and loads and loads of different other things in one pill. 

29 minutes ago, Janelle said:

There is also Green Tea in the Multi vits, a take it that's a good thing? 

39 minutes ago, Strandman36 said:

The Vits that I have have 30 different vits, minerals, A-zinc and loads and loads of different other things in one pill. 

Multi-vitamins can be useful as basic insurance policy, but for most of the substances I mentioned they are usually either under-dosed (D3) or of a poorly absorbed form (magnesium oxide for example).

The following links may be of interest. I'm not suggesting you buy the product in the second link, but it summarises information from a number of respected sources.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/supplements-part-1.html/

https://citadelnutrition.com/blogs/news/athletevitamin_part1

Strandman36 likes this

53 minutes ago, Strandman36 said:

The omega 3 I have are 1000mg per pill, do you think I should take more than one a day?  Thanks 

Yes, see the first link I posted above for more info.

Strandman36 likes this

3 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

Yes, see the first link I posted above for more info.

What and when do u take vit/mineral wise mate? 

I used to take loads and haven't for a while and look/feel no diff 

14 minutes ago, TITO said:

What and when do u take vit/mineral wise mate? 

I used to take loads and haven't for a while and look/feel no diff 

They're going to have a very marginal affect for anyone. I take what I do based on info. like in the links I posted, rather than noticing some huge difference. Omega 3 costs me a bit, but the rest I take is pretty cheap.

I take omega 3 with breakfast and evening meal; zinc with lunch and magnesium about an hour before bed. I also take D3 and K2 (MK7 form) with breakfast. The K2 is entirely for possible long term health benefit, rather than anything performance orientated (other than maybe bone health I guess). Just answering your question here - not suggesting this is some sort of perfect way to do things!

TITO likes this