zorro88

Mental Break?

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys i'v now losing weight since febuary i've went from 17st 2 too 13st , i feel as if i need a break mentally from the food and just eat what i want again for a few weeks before starting too bring it down further before i start bulking i feel i've another 1 stone to lose so i'm around 12-15% roughly .

Has anyone ever done this ? Of course i won't be stuffing my face with 3000 kcals per day i'll be looking to keep weight around the same maybe 2-3lb with extra water weight , does this sound stupid after doing so well or is a break good ?

A break is always good. Just keep an eye on the scale weekly. If it goes up too much you can reign in the calories.

Well done on the weight loss so far.

zorro88 likes this

Ive taken 2 x month long breaks from cutting this year. Didnt go crazy, just ate at or around maintenance for a month each time to give my body a rest from cutting. Found it very helpful, body responded to deficit better after a month of maintaining. Mentally it is great for motivation too. I plan on doing another month of this through December

zorro88 likes this

54 minutes ago, CG88 said:

Ive taken 2 x month long breaks from cutting this year. Didnt go crazy, just ate at or around maintenance for a month each time to give my body a rest from cutting. Found it very helpful, body responded to deficit better after a month of maintaining. Mentally it is great for motivation too. I plan on doing another month of this through December

This is my thinking not to go crazy try stay at the same weight but enjoy food again for a bit i have found this past week my motivation is low and have this thought why i'm i doing this lol , even though i've lost at a nice steady rate at the minute just finding it hard .

At least i know now my thinking isn't a bad idea and others follow the method :thumb 

CG88 likes this

1 hour ago, GPRIM said:

A break is always good. Just keep an eye on the scale weekly. If it goes up too much you can reign in the calories.

Well done on the weight loss so far.

Thanks m8 , Yes i'll be making sure it doesn't go on the rise but i know myself it might climb 2-3lbs with a few more carbs added but that will go again rather quick once i start again at the end of the month and continue to christmas eve or so. 

Then i should be in a lean shape for a decent bulk but no point bulking at the minute as i'm not where i want to be .

GPRIM likes this

17 minutes ago, zorro88 said:

This is my thinking not to go crazy try stay at the same weight but enjoy food again for a bit i have found this past week my motivation is low and have this thought why i'm i doing this lol , even though i've lost at a nice steady rate at the minute just finding it hard .

At least i know now my thinking isn't a bad idea and others follow the method :thumb 

I definitely found it a good thing each time mate, i could train better, be more relaxed with what i was eating etc! I dont think id still be cutting now (i began in Jan) without having these 2 month long periods where i upped cals

zorro88 likes this

17 minutes ago, Starz said:

It's just the gym mate. don't kill yourself mentally over the sh1t, take your break, eat pizza, do whatever you want. don't be that guy.

Its not really the gym its more the diet i just need a few big feeds and eat what i want then get back at it lol.

44 minutes ago, CG88 said:

I definitely found it a good thing each time mate, i could train better, be more relaxed with what i was eating etc! I dont think id still be cutting now (i began in Jan) without having these 2 month long periods where i upped cals

Defo going to give this a go as it was my plan for a longer break rather than a cheat meal and to be honest think it will do me good and maybe help lose more long term as the body will get a shock (hopefully)

3 hours ago, zorro88 said:

Hi guys i'v now losing weight since febuary i've went from 17st 2 too 13st , i feel as if i need a break mentally from the food and just eat what i want again for a few weeks before starting too bring it down further before i start bulking i feel i've another 1 stone to lose so i'm around 12-15% roughly .

Has anyone ever done this ? Of course i won't be stuffing my face with 3000 kcals per day i'll be looking to keep weight around the same maybe 2-3lb with extra water weight , does this sound stupid after doing so well or is a break good ?

12 - 15% at 12 stone? that's a 5 stone loss?

What BF was you at 17st 2lbs? 

Just now, Sparkey said:

12 - 15% at 12 stone? that's a 5 stone loss?

What BF was you at 17st 2lbs? 

Hi m8 i'm 13st now so 4.2 stone loss i feel i want to go down to 12 then bulk up as still some fat around the waist (not seen any more when t shirt on) but i want to get as lean as possible and bulk slow but steady and try not be a fat c@nt again.

BF i haven't a clue i've got callipers here so will have a test , i'd say when 17.2 i'd of been 30% + and thats probably saying that lightly you guys on here probably have me more lol .