Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jatin Bhatia

Mr Olympia Press Posedown

19 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

goes to show that whilst Kev, has done fantastically well to get in shape for the contest, he knows he is way off the top guys. Did you see Phil's face, not bothered in the slightest. none of the three posing will have a chance

Cedric will do well. Let's not forget this is before pre contest slin and carbs

17 minutes ago, Mayzini said:

goes to show that whilst Kev, has done fantastically well to get in shape for the contest, he knows he is way off the top guys. Did you see Phil's face, not bothered in the slightest. none of the three posing will have a chance

Dexter was behaving like a bitch though. Phil knows he will win.

16 minutes ago, jake87 said:

Cedric will do well. Let's not forget this is before pre contest slin and carbs

I was of the same view on cedric but don't look that good to me. Kevin looking fuller already, i think he would come more sharper than he is looking in this video.

Sebbek likes this

2 minutes ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

I was of the same view on cedric but don't look that good to me. Kevin looking fuller already, i think he would come more sharper than he is looking in this video.

don't get me wrong, Kev is F8cking impressive at 52 to come back are 13 years away in around 6 months to be in the shape to even compete with the top guys of today is beyond belief but even with a carb up, tan and slin, I am not sure he is going to compete with top 6 guys. I hope to be proved wrong though.  I think Cedirc will do well, I still think its probably just Dexter and Phil.  

To be Honest Dexter is probably pissed as everyone is making a fuss about KEv at 52, but to be fair he is 49 and hasn't left the scene was second last year and must be classed as one of the best of all time, but just doesn't always get the credit he deserves.  I think he also knows Kev is an expert of playing the media and is doing this all for the money and the sponsors !

with the exception of Phil who I think will win it again without competition, its one of the first line ups I think we could see a few others getting up there, competition for the remaining paces in the top 6 are definitely up for grabs !

Jatin Bhatia likes this

5 minutes ago, Mayzini said:

don't get me wrong, Kev is F8cking impressive at 52 to come back are 13 years away in around 6 months to be in the shape to even compete with the top guys of today is beyond belief but even with a carb up, tan and slin, I am not sure he is going to compete with top 6 guys. I hope to be proved wrong though.  I think Cedirc will do well, I still think its probably just Dexter and Phil.  

To be Honest Dexter is probably pissed as everyone is making a fuss about KEv at 52, but to be fair he is 49 and hasn't left the scene was second last year and must be classed as one of the best of all time, but just doesn't always get the credit he deserves.  I think he also knows Kev is an expert of playing the media and is doing this all for the money and the sponsors !

with the exception of Phil who I think will win it again without competition, its one of the first line ups I think we could see a few others getting up there, competition for the remaining paces in the top 6 are definitely up for grabs !

Agree to all of it. It would be hell of a competition, would be watching Mr.Olympia after a decade.

Two key observations:

1. Phil Heath's growth jaw alone has gained an extra 4lbs from last year

2. Aesthetics still doesn't exist in modern top tier Mr Olympia (unsurprising)

Fair fvcking play to Kevin though. Six months of prep and 52 years old. God damn.

It's now looking entirely plausible Heath will match Lee Haney & Ronnie Coleman's 8x Sandows in the next couple of years. But will he be held in the same regard as those two? Time will tell

Your right I'm thinking he won't  don't ask me why but the bloke just doesn't seem to have the magnetising personality that past winners had ( not DY lol ) 

I could care less who wins, only watching it to see levrone as are thousands of others lol. Nobody cares about Phil Heath, he will never be spoken in the same breath of air as Yates, Arnold, Coleman etc etc

Mayzini likes this

I hate those press conferences and when they got up and took their shirts off it made me cringe. 

8 minutes ago, sen said:

I hate those press conferences and when they got up and took their shirts off it made me cringe. 

It satisfies the rain Mac brigade who'll be looking like they've landed the big fish. 

sen likes this

3 hours ago, zyphy said:

Nobody cares about Phil Heath, he will never be spoken in the same breath of air as Yates, Arnold, Coleman etc etc

What is it with this guy ?

All the other multiple Olympia winners (and many non-winners) have legions of fans.  But Heath ?  Nobody seems to like him.  

I don't follow the professional side of the sport closely enough to see a lot of what goes on.

4 minutes ago, Major Eyeswater said:

All the other multiple Olympia winners (and many non-winners) have legions of fans.  But Heath ?  Nobody seems to like him.  

I don't follow the professional side of the sport closely enough to see a lot of what goes on.

I think the way they portrayed him in Generation Iron didn't do him any favours tbh. 

8 hours ago, Major Eyeswater said:

Heath didn't help himself when he disrespected Arnold and said Arnold had no legs. Pro Bodybuilding wouldn't be where it is today without Arnold