Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grantmax89

My Kent Klassic Experience ...

10 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are well. 

So, I Competed in the Kent Klassic Last Sunday. 

Being a natural I had my reservations about how I was going to look on stage .... would I be ready?!?!

Arriving on the day I was aware that the majority of guys would be on PHD, and it never bothered me as this was just for experience. 

When the time come to go back stage, I was almost blown away with the calibre of the guys that were there - almost scared me off. 

But no, I was there to do I job and one that I had worked my arse of for the last 16 weeks of prep. 

Stepping out on the stage was great and after receiving the statuary medals  and walking off stage I was told to take my medal off and turn around. 

I WAS TOP 3!!!!!!! 

I ended up finishing 3rd with an invite to the British Finals! 

What more could I ask for! I am one very very happy guy! .. I was aiming to MAYBE beat one guy that was assisted and I managed to smash that goal!... 

It just goes to show, if you put your all into something you will reap the rewards Smiley 

Unfortunately,  I obviously was not expecting to do so well let alone an invite to the British, and as a result I have a holiday booked to Canada, so I wont be attending - however, bring on the journey to come! 

I know I haven't been a member here long  nor posted much.. but hey! ... I am one happy guy so I thought I would share it with you! 

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff - here is a pic of me (right) and the top 2 Smiley 

9DF5469B-CBA8-4D13-B542-94D13A4B51A2_zpsnaem71uy.jpg

Dieseldave, Dark sim and Janelle like this

5 minutes ago, grantmax89 said:

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are well. 

So, I Competed in the Kent Klassic Last Sunday. 

Being a natural I had my reservations about how I was going to look on stage .... would I be ready?!?!

Arriving on the day I was aware that the majority of guys would be on PHD, and it never bothered me as this was just for experience. 

When the time come to go back stage, I was almost blown away with the calibre of the guys that were there - almost scared me off. 

But no, I was there to do I job and one that I had worked my arse of for the last 16 weeks of prep. 

Stepping out on the stage was great and after receiving the statuary medals  and walking off stage I was told to take my medal off and turn around. 

I WAS TOP 3!!!!!!! 

I ended up finishing 3rd with an invite to the British Finals! 

What more could I ask for! I am one very very happy guy! .. I was aiming to MAYBE beat one guy that was assisted and I managed to smash that goal!... 

It just goes to show, if you put your all into something you will reap the rewards Smiley 

Unfortunately,  I obviously was not expecting to do so well let alone an invite to the British, and as a result I have a holiday booked to Canada, so I wont be attending - however, bring on the journey to come! 

I know I haven't been a member here long  nor posted much.. but hey! ... I am one happy guy so I thought I would share it with you! 

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff - here is a pic of me (right) and the top 2 Smiley 

9DF5469B-CBA8-4D13-B542-94D13A4B51A2_zpsnaem71uy.jpg

well done mate

Gymbot and grantmax89 like this

3 hours ago, Incredible Bulk said:

didnt see you backstage but congrats! i won the heavies (100kg class)

Thanks Pal! ... Ah nice one! I did see you as I was walking round to backstage, but you were chatting with your mate I think. Good luck at the Finals pal!!