Chelsea

Kevin Levrone 4 weeks out 20 year comparison

58 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Magsimus said:

Levrone's my favourite bodybuilder of all time, but he'll just be out-muscled. Yes, BB is about creating an illusion, but I feel his lines, shape, condition and posing will only get him so far. The game has moved on, everyone has sized up - just look at Dexter this year. And since Levrone announced he was going to compete, this year's show also became a condition contest. In short, everyone's bigger - considerably bigger - and they're most likely going to be peeled with it. Look at the likes of McCarver and Heath now, their paper skin's already popping with veins and they're looking hard this early out. 

Jay was Mr Olympia, 12 years younger than Kevin and had two years off and was unable to come back fully. He was fortunate to take 6th. Which he probably got out of respect for having such an illustrious career and being such a good ambassador for the sport. Levrone's been off for yonks so sadly won't be able to cut it. I really want him to. I'd love to see him crack top 6. However, he'll only get that if a ton of people are really off and if he can carry enough political/nostalgic sway with him. 

That is one of the best posts ive seen on the topic mate, i literally couldnt agree more with absolutely all of that!!

Magsimus likes this

I really like kevin and his physique, but he 100% wont crack top 5.

He will crack 6th-10th because of politics as a little nod of respect to him and for the hype he's brought or maybe if someone really messes up but REALISTICALLY if it was another guy with his package he 100% wouldn't get top 10 as the lineup is simply too good this year even for a man with his blessed genetics.

3 hours ago, Magsimus said:

Levrone's my favourite bodybuilder of all time, but he'll just be out-muscled. Yes, BB is about creating an illusion, but I feel his lines, shape, condition and posing will only get him so far. The game has moved on, everyone has sized up - just look at Dexter this year. And since Levrone announced he was going to compete, this year's show also became a condition contest. In short, everyone's bigger - considerably bigger - and they're most likely going to be peeled with it. Look at the likes of McCarver and Heath now, their paper skin's already popping with veins and they're looking hard this early out. 

Jay was Mr Olympia, 12 years younger than Kevin and had two years off and was unable to come back fully. He was fortunate to take 6th. Which he probably got out of respect for having such an illustrious career and being such a good ambassador for the sport. Levrone's been off for yonks so sadly won't be able to cut it. I really want him to. I'd love to see him crack top 6. However, he'll only get that if a ton of people are really off and if he can carry enough political/nostalgic sway with him. 

jay never really did what levrone did (taking time off then blowing back up). so his body suffered greatly from it. genetically they arent the same, levrone is the best responder ever to AAS

47 minutes ago, zyphy said:

whos to say kevin isn't playing tricks? he cant be seeing what we aren't seeing (that back doesnt have mass to be bragged about).

Ditto. When I saw that back pic the first thought that came into my mind was "its a trap". This is not a 4 week out pic and Kevin levrne has played a card to ease down competitors.

new pic on his IG... tbh id ignore these pics. you'll never know how he will look to the real show day. he's probably playing games lmao

Kevin Just stated he is 251lbs in the below photo taken a few hours ago as @Jatin Bhatia just posted.

Alot of word going around that his recent back shot was weeks ago the same time as that front picture around 7 weeks ago.

We all love these mind games don't we. Most excitement there has been in years. Even if he doesn't place competitively.

14199591_1049132045202911_31628674413177181_n.jpg

Magsimus and Chelsea like this

33 minutes ago, Colin said:

Kevin Just stated he is 251lbs in the below photo taken a few hours ago as @Jatin Bhatia just posted.

Alot of word going around that his recent back shot was weeks ago the same time as that front picture around 7 weeks ago.

We all love these mind games don't we. Most excitement there has been in years. Even if he doesn't place competitively.

That is pretty heavy, that back shot really did nothing for me though apart from worry about how small he looked from the rear, even if it was 7 weeks ago.

Completely agree, its actually made the Olympia something that im properly looking forward too, in fact more so because of Nathan De Asha, Dallas, Roelly, Ramy - so many big names coming through.

47 minutes ago, Chelsea said:

That is pretty heavy, that back shot really did nothing for me though apart from worry about how small he looked from the rear, even if it was 7 weeks ago.

Completely agree, its actually made the Olympia something that im properly looking forward too, in fact more so because of Nathan De Asha, Dallas, Roelly, Ramy - so many big names coming through.

If someone showed me that back randomly I honestly would think It would be someone top in the British Finals these days.

Yep, it looks like the young boys are here to stay for a long time as well as Roelly and Ramy.

But who knows even about the weight he posted. Thats heavier than his prime nearly.

The show really is the all about Levrone. Everyone accepts Phils going to win again but people just want to see how he looks, and goodness knows what hes getting paid to do this show as I believe he is.

Chelsea, redpill859 and Magsimus like this

2 hours ago, Chelsea said:

I don't know why but i have an intuition that Cedric would be the dark horse in this Olympia obviously not winning it but he may end up a lot higher in rankings. The guy is on invisible mode.

arcticfox and A4RON like this

16 hours ago, zyphy said:

whos to say kevin isn't playing tricks? he cant be seeing what we aren't seeing (that back doesnt have mass to be bragged about).

Called it

3 hours ago, Chelsea said:

7 weeks when you're levrone is a very long time.

35 minutes ago, Colin said:

If someone showed me that back randomly I honestly would think It would be someone top in the British Finals these days.

Yep, it looks like the young boys are here to stay for a long time as well as Roelly and Ramy.

But who knows even about the weight he posted. Thats heavier than his prime nearly.

The show really is the all about Levrone. Everyone accepts Phils going to win again but people just want to see how he looks, and goodness knows what hes getting paid to do this show as I believe he is.

Same mate, didnt look like it had much width or depth compared to todays standards.

The young crown must have Phil really worried, he's been regressing each year and those guys are getting better and better. Phil will probably win this year, be interesting to see if he's improved or if its another case of no one else offering anything good enough to beat him rather than him being so dominant.

@zyphy Of course Jay isn't the same animal as Levrone, but taking 2 years off in any physical/performance sport is almost impossible to come back from to box with the elite. Jay was just one example. In an interview after the show he said it was just too much to come back and beat the current crop of guys who were coming through. They had just come on too much. Sure, Levrone is an anomaly - and if any one is going to do it it's him - but just look how much progress the other guys have made in just a year.

Rhoden is coming bigger and leaner (according to Aceto), Ramy's going to be in much better nick (although l'll believe that when I see it), Heath is already huge and shredded, McCarver's around 299lbs and looking like granite, Joshua turned into Dorian Yates since the Arnold Australia, we all know Roelly's left humanity behind and Dexter's the biggest he's ever been. DeAsha's probably the best example. Pretty much unknown last year. Now he's on the Olympia stage. Levrone, even with his Wolverine recovery and Hulk growth factor, I still feel like he'll be too small. I really do hope to eat my words as the guys's incredible and what he has done, and yet to do, is not short of miraculous. 

Chelsea likes this

Read that Muscular Development are paying him US$4,000 per month to 'manage' his publicity in the run-up to the Olympia. That's his monthly hormone protocol covered then

Chelsea likes this

10 minutes ago, A4RON said:

Read that Muscular Development are paying him US$4,000 per month to 'manage' his publicity in the run-up to the Olympia. That's his monthly hormone protocol covered then

Yea Steve Blackman owes other people over $100k and yet he's paying Levrone $4k a month for the exclusivity. Levrone was going to be on RX Muscle but he had to cancel because of Blackman.

arcticfox likes this

I got maximum respect for Shawn Ray and the physiques he's brought to the Olympia over the years, but damn what a sore b1tch

How gutted would you feel if you're an up-and-coming IFBB Pro who's been on cycles all year and then 52-year-old Levrone beats you with just 4 months prep

2 hours ago, A4RON said:

I got maximum respect for Shawn Ray and the physiques he's brought to the Olympia over the years, but damn what a sore b1tch

How gutted would you feel if you're an up-and-coming IFBB Pro who's been on cycles all year and then 52-year-old Levrone beats you with just 4 months prep

Retirement!!

shauns a fat blob ,and yates made him look like a child on stage back in the day..he's just butt hurt.